Former Poke M'Baye...

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

Bailing on his senior year at OU for the NBA:

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegebasketb ... aft-032713

Always liked that kid...very polite, personable. Making a good move IMO.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

i thought when i was watching that game SDSU and OU, that name sounded familar, didn't get a good look at him, good luck to him
Cuttslam
WyoNation Addict

Good luck Amath, NBA, I don't see it but definitely overseas.
I BLEED BROWN AND GOLD.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Well, he's graduating this year, and has a family to take care of, so other than playing NCAA level one more year, not much reason to stay at the college level and a lot to move on. Wish he would have stayed here, but best of luck to him in the pro league!
ProudWYOAlum
Ranch Hand

I wonder what M'Baye and Leonard could have been like together this year...
NowherePoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Probably my least favorite individual that came through the program during the Schroyer era (other than Heath himself, of course), but he is making the right decision here. Since he is French, he will have an easy time landing a contract in the Euro Leagues (harder for Americans, due to limited roster spots allowed) and he has already earned his undergraduate degree, so no real point in sticking around for a year. He could start graduate school for free for a year, but he can always go back and do that. His basketball earning years are limited. Best to take advantage of it now.
NowherePoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

ProudWYOAlum wrote:I wonder what M'Baye and Leonard could have been like together this year...
Wouldn't have been a good fit actually. Neither one truly has perimeter range, although both try, and neither is really big enough to play the 5 (we had to play Leonard down there this year at times anyway). Most likely scenario is that he would have taken Nance's minutes, but I would rather have Larry (no sour grapes, just like his game better). The one thing that would have made a tremendous difference though is the depth in the front court, particularly when Washington got hurt. That's where he really would have helped either coming off the bench, or by allowing Nance to come off the bench.
wyofan4life5
Ranch Hand

"Wouldn't have been a good fit actually. Neither one truly has perimeter range, although both try, and neither is really big enough to play the 5 (we had to play Leonard down there this year at times anyway). Most likely scenario is that he would have taken Nance's minutes, but I would rather have Larry (no sour grapes, just like his game better). The one thing that would have made a tremendous difference though is the depth in the front court, particularly when Washington got hurt. That's where he really would have helped either coming off the bench, or by allowing Nance to come off the bench."

Thats dumb... they would have been a force... could have put him at the 3... Lukey at the 2... and Gilmore/Riley at the point.. would have gave us the depth we needed in conference play
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

wyofan4life5 wrote:"Wouldn't have been a good fit actually. Neither one truly has perimeter range, although both try, and neither is really big enough to play the 5 (we had to play Leonard down there this year at times anyway). Most likely scenario is that he would have taken Nance's minutes, but I would rather have Larry (no sour grapes, just like his game better). The one thing that would have made a tremendous difference though is the depth in the front court, particularly when Washington got hurt. That's where he really would have helped either coming off the bench, or by allowing Nance to come off the bench."

Thats dumb... they would have been a force... could have put him at the 3... Lukey at the 2... and Gilmore/Riley at the point.. would have gave us the depth we needed in conference play
Who cares? Woulda coulda shoulda.
If we had Desmar too then we coulda been really good. What if Marcus Bailey didn't get injured. We coulda gone to the Sweet 16 and got better recruits. What if we got Chauncey Billups instead of CU?

Who cares, let it go.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
Snowflake
Cowpoke

I love watching him play, he'll be missed.
Kwyo
Buckaroo

wyofan4life5 wrote:"Wouldn't have been a good fit actually. Neither one truly has perimeter range, although both try, and neither is really big enough to play the 5 (we had to play Leonard down there this year at times anyway). Most likely scenario is that he would have taken Nance's minutes, but I would rather have Larry (no sour grapes, just like his game better). The one thing that would have made a tremendous difference though is the depth in the front court, particularly when Washington got hurt. That's where he really would have helped either coming off the bench, or by allowing Nance to come off the bench."

Not at all. Position doesn't matter for Luke. Neither M'Baye nor Washington could play at 3 as "Wyofan4life5 said "neither one truly has perimeter range." and I will always take Leonard if I have to pick one of them. Even if we had M'Baye, he would have not been a good candidate who could have substituted Luke Martinez's role. Sobey was not as good as Luke Martinez both in shooting and defense. Our lack of depth actually comes from lack of good perimeter shooter from the bench and starters. Neither Desmar nor M'Baye was a star who could change a game, but Washington was at least a proven winner compared to them.