Favorite Gameday Recipes

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
carbonpoke
A Real Cowboy

thought I would change up the topic a little bit! Curious to see what my fellow poke fans favorite party foods are?

Mine, and I just found this recipe... is the absolute best grilled chicken. I'm a foodie, so this recipe is seriously top of the line... it takes some forward planning, but really is not very technical. its called cherry bomb chicken. its brined, then grilled and finished with sauce. The recipe looks like its going to be ridiculously hot... but its not. you could brine this; then take to tailgate... people will flock to you. here is the link

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Cherry-Bom ... ome%20Page" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

don't say I didn't warn you about how addicting this chicken is.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

For gameday food, I just want a brat or a burger.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Beer!
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

Stuff jalapenos with cream cheese, wrap with bacon, and throw em on the smoker.

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2
"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

Subcanis wrote:Stuff jalapenos with cream cheese, wrap with bacon, and throw em on the smoker.

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2
Mix the cream cheese with maple sausage. So good.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

I know a guy that has been tailgating well before even the dirt days...and he does one of these every year. A ton of cold beer to accompany, best tailgate ever.

Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
carbonpoke
A Real Cowboy

oh damn mcpeachy... that looks GOOD!

add in some crawfish, shrimp, Andouille, Cajun seasoning... you got yourself a nap waiting to happen.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

carbonpoke wrote:oh damn mcpeachy... that looks GOOD!

add in some crawfish, shrimp, Andouille, Cajun seasoning... you got yourself a nap waiting to happen.
He sometimes adds in crab (shrimp are already in there)...uses Johnsonville beef hot links, and both Old Bay & Tony Chechere's Cajun for seasoning. And more cold beer. ;)
Dear Karma,

carbonpoke
A Real Cowboy

yup, now that ive taken my shower and woke up... there are TONS of shrimp in that pic.

I feel sheepish... lol... get it... embarrassed... sheep.

DAS BOOT

I still think your friend's idea for tailgate food...phenomenal.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

carbonpoke wrote:yup, now that ive taken my shower and woke up... there are TONS of shrimp in that pic.

I feel sheepish... lol... get it... embarrassed... sheep.

DAS BOOT

I still think your friend's idea for tailgate food...phenomenal.
It is a good tailgate...no doubt. A function I always make sure to attend. Also has melted butter and garlic bread, and feeds about 100 - 150. It is unreal.
Dear Karma,

carbonpoke
A Real Cowboy

You have inspired me McPeachy!

my family is coming from Wyoming to visit in two weeks, and they've already asked about seafood. Looks like im gonna have to clean out the turkey fryer, then we gonna get down on a lowcountry boil here in the northwest.

I figure I could take them out to eat at the crabpot, but for 7 of us it would cost a volkswagon bug...

or I can just resource it myself, spend about 50 and get to drink in the garage... plus the smell will drive my neighbors into a frenzy. good times!