Taylor Martinez vs. Brett Smith

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

Blackshirts13 wrote:
ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote:
Blackshirts13 wrote:
jarhead wrote:I wish I could upload a picture because I snapped a picture of a chart ESPN just put up. It showed the nations top QBs in first half QBR (quarterback rating). Brett Smith was number 4. Didn't see Martinez on it anywhere though. ;-)
Did they have SOS next to the numbers? Brett Smith sure looks good against mighty New Mexico ..... :rofl:
Thats funny because TM looked like a junior high QB at a girls school against high flying Iowa last year.... :coffee:

Oh yeah..the day when it was 10 degrees and 30 MPH wind? Yeahhh, perfect playing conditions.
That sounds like almost every home game in Wyoming...
Blackshirts13
Buckaroo

Asmodeanreborn wrote:
Blackshirts13 wrote:
ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote:
Blackshirts13 wrote:
jarhead wrote:I wish I could upload a picture because I snapped a picture of a chart ESPN just put up. It showed the nations top QBs in first half QBR (quarterback rating). Brett Smith was number 4. Didn't see Martinez on it anywhere though. ;-)
Did they have SOS next to the numbers? Brett Smith sure looks good against mighty New Mexico ..... :rofl:
Thats funny because TM looked like a junior high QB at a girls school against high flying Iowa last year.... :coffee:

Oh yeah..the day when it was 10 degrees and 30 MPH wind? Yeahhh, perfect playing conditions.

Actually, I remember being in shorts and a t-shirt a few years back watching a 24 point Nebraska win.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

We can go tit for tat all day, but let's not pretend that Nebraska plays all top-half SEC teams..
ImageImageImageImage
Blackshirts13
Buckaroo

MrTitleist wrote:We can go tit for tat all day, but let's not pretend that Nebraska plays all top-half SEC teams..

Nobody said that...but our schedule is much closer to a SEC type schedule than Wyoming's schedule is to Nebraska's. :coffee:
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

No one is even close to an SEC type schedule.
ImageImageImageImage
knapplc
Buckaroo

MrTitleist wrote:No one is even close to an SEC type schedule.
Strength of Schedule 2012

Alabama - 19
Georgia - 27
South Carolina - 23
Nebraska - 20

I'd say that's pretty darned close.

For fun:

Wyoming - 101

SOURCE
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

Blackshirts13 wrote:
Asmodeanreborn wrote:
Blackshirts13 wrote: Oh yeah..the day when it was 10 degrees and 30 MPH wind? Yeahhh, perfect playing conditions.

Actually, I remember being in shorts and a t-shirt a few years back watching a 24 point Nebraska win.

Hence the "almost."

Last Wyoming home game I went to, the roads closed right after I got in to Laramie, there was still snow everywhere, high winds. Typical Laramie weather. It's why having Hawai'i come visit in November could make for an "interesting" experience for the islanders.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

So what are you going to cling to this year? Your SOS is 66 and ours is 92. Not the toughest but you certainly are not playing upper level comp. this year but I bet RED nation will still tell us that the Fuskers are an elite level team huh...http://www.fbschedules.com/2013/07/phil ... -rankings/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
trouble
Buckaroo

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote:So what are you going to cling to this year? Your SOS is 66 and ours is 92. Not the toughest but you certainly are not playing upper level comp. this year but I bet RED nation will still tell us that the Fuskers are an elite level team huh...http://www.fbschedules.com/2013/07/phil ... -rankings/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm not sure the word elite has come out of mine, or most other Husker fans mouths, at least not since the 90s.

As far as our schedule this year, it's weak as poop, but after the first two B1G years, Ill take it.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 136 times
Been liked: 146 times

I think why us Wyoming fans think b.smith is so good is because regrettably smith is a huge chunk of offense and we live or die with him. Martinez is good but at time seems like a liability and with more diverse offense, he doesn't seem to be quite as important to the team as our QB.
W-Y, Until I Die!