From a Mizzou fan living in Omaha

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Landlordos7
Buckaroo

WYCowboy wrote:
Landlordos7 wrote:
MrTitleist wrote:I know, it's absurd to think our team has a chance to win on our own forum. I should rename this HuskerNation.com.

Pretty sure that url is already taken :lol:

I personally love seeing your guys' passion for your team - when you're smaller you know who the true fans are a lot easier. Big schools have so many people latch on without a clue as to anything related to the team - kind of like politics, I suppose.

The only thing I find absurd is that it's somehow disrespectful for us to think that we're going to win this game easily. It's not a guarantee, of course, but it's likely. At least in the opinion of Vegas, who doesn't have a dog in the fight other than money.

Vegas does not make money on predicting the winning margins of games. They set the lines to get people to bet on the games.

And those lines are set as close to "even" as possible to get as many people as possible to bet on both sides.
Pokes Forever
Ranch Hand

Bug Eater Nation is living in the past.....they haven't won a conference championship since they last brought home their last national championship. The LSAT time they lost fewer than four games in a season they fired the coach who now has Ohio in the national limelight and I wouldn't be surprised if they finish higher in the polls than NU. They are an also ran from one of the BCS conferences that think they are entitled......Given their schedule....5 home games before they ever go on the road.....many teams could roll up another 10-4 record! BYU never lost and Boise St is starting to shoe many of the same characteristics but nothing can compare to the illusion that Nebraska is a national championship contender this year.......they probably won't win their division as they have to play Michigan at the real Big House.
T-Magic3
Buckaroo

Pokes Forever wrote:Bug Eater Nation is living in the past.....they haven't won a conference championship since they last brought home their last national championship. The LSAT time they lost fewer than four games in a season they fired the coach who now has Ohio in the national limelight and I wouldn't be surprised if they finish higher in the polls than NU. They are an also ran from one of the BCS conferences that think they are entitled......Given their schedule....5 home games before they ever go on the road.....many teams could roll up another 10-4 record! BYU never lost and Boise St is starting to shoe many of the same characteristics but nothing can compare to the illusion that Nebraska is a national championship contender this year.......they probably won't win their division as they have to play Michigan at the real Big House.
Coming in with a bang. We fired Solich due to his lousy recruiting efforts and the option probably wasn't going to work forever. The next time UW wins Three national championships in 4 years in either Volleyball, Football, men's or women's basketball, track and Nordic skiing all combined, give me a call. Yes we might live in the past a little, but those years were fun and made Nebraska part of what it is today. We were supposed to play SoMiss on the road but they are broke so we are doing it at our house. Yes we schedule cupcakes, but so does 80 % of BCS school, hell probably 95.

And shucks we won't win out division. But we aren't picked to place 5th in our division, in the MWC. All you guys have on us are games from last year and how we still think we are elite from the 90s. Do any of us bring those years up first? Win something besides a Music City Bowl (whatever it was) against an all-mighty 2000s UCLA squad and we will talk. Remember when you almost beat Nebraska!? Must suck that we live in the past about National Championships (supposedly) and you live in the past about almost beating a team. Congrats
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

NiobraraRiver wrote:
This post illustrates the absurdity of the Wyonation fan board this week. Brett Smith and the Wyoming offense vs. Nebraskas defense will have virtually no bearing on the outcome of this game. Any potential chance for an upset or even a competitive game will rest with Wyoming's defense vs a probable top 10 National offense.

Vegas set the line high because they don't see how Wyoming can stop the Nebraska offense.
This post also illustrates your lack of knowledge of how gambling lines work. Their only goal is to get equal money on both sides. Vegas doesn't care if Nebraska is statistically a 70 point favorite or a 2 touchdown favorite. They look at a game and say, "Where do we put the line so that an equal amount of money comes in on NEB and WYO?"
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

calpoke25 wrote:
NiobraraRiver wrote:
This post illustrates the absurdity of the Wyonation fan board this week. Brett Smith and the Wyoming offense vs. Nebraskas defense will have virtually no bearing on the outcome of this game. Any potential chance for an upset or even a competitive game will rest with Wyoming's defense vs a probable top 10 National offense.

Vegas set the line high because they don't see how Wyoming can stop the Nebraska offense.
This post also illustrates your lack of knowledge of how gambling lines work. Their only goal is to get equal money on both sides. Vegas doesn't care if Nebraska is statistically a 70 point favorite or a 2 touchdown favorite. They look at a game and say, "Where do we put the line so that an equal amount of money comes in on NEB and WYO?"

Exactly right.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
Pokes Forever
Ranch Hand

T-Magic3 wrote:
Pokes Forever wrote:Bug Eater Nation is living in the past.....they haven't won a conference championship since they last brought home their last national championship. The LSAT time they lost fewer than four games in a season they fired the coach who now has Ohio in the national limelight and I wouldn't be surprised if they finish higher in the polls than NU. They are an also ran from one of the BCS conferences that think they are entitled......Given their schedule....5 home games before they ever go on the road.....many teams could roll up another 10-4 record! BYU never lost and Boise St is starting to shoe many of the same characteristics but nothing can compare to the illusion that Nebraska is a national championship contender this year.......they probably won't win their division as they have to play Michigan at the real Big House.
Coming in with a bang. We fired Solich due to his lousy recruiting efforts and the option probably wasn't going to work forever. The next time UW wins Three national championships in 4 years in either Volleyball, Football, men's or women's basketball, track and Nordic skiing all combined, give me a call. Yes we might live in the past a little, but those years were fun and made Nebraska part of what it is today. We were supposed to play SoMiss on the road but they are broke so we are doing it at our house. Yes we schedule cupcakes, but so does 80 % of BCS school, hell probably 95.

And shucks we won't win out division. But we aren't picked to place 5th in our division, in the MWC. All you guys have on us are games from last year and how we still think we are elite from the 90s. Do any of us bring those years up first? Win something besides a Music City Bowl (whatever it was) against an all-mighty 2000s UCLA squad and we will talk. Remember when you almost beat Nebraska!? Must suck that we live in the past about National Championships (supposedly) and you live in the past about almost beating a team. Congrats
Must have hit a nerve.....I have no illusions about Wyoming winning National Championships in football as they are not a member of one of the elite conferences, aka BCS, aka BS.....I will be in Lincoln hopefully to watch a good football game. Yes indeed their defense has been woeful over the past few years and their running game has been non-existen, however....wyoming has won some big games against the elite....you mentioned UCLA, you can add Tennessee, Ole Miss, Virginia, Fla State to that list..... but we are not hanging our hats on what was accomplished by previous teams....you think that because your football program was a national power in the 90's you are entitled to some sort of awestruck worship...like I said before, Nebraska has won nothing of any importance in the last 15 years so go back to the Huskers board and lick your wounds and tell them that the undeserving members of WyoNation don't realize just what an honor it is to play a team that is living on the accomplishments of decades old awards! What had Nebraska won since 1995?
trouble
Buckaroo

Pokes Forever wrote:
T-Magic3 wrote:

Must have hit a nerve.....I have no illusions about Wyoming winning National Championships in football as they are not a member of one of the elite conferences, aka BCS, aka BS.....I will be in Lincoln hopefully to watch a good football game. Yes indeed their defense has been woeful over the past few years and their running game has been non-existen, however....wyoming has won some big games against the elite....you mentioned UCLA, you can add Tennessee, Ole Miss, Virginia, Fla State to that list..... but we are not hanging our hats on what was accomplished by previous teams....you think that because your football program was a national power in the 90's you are entitled to some sort of awestruck worship...like I said before, Nebraska has won nothing of any importance in the last 15 years so go back to the Huskers board and lick your wounds and tell them that the undeserving members of WyoNation don't realize just what an honor it is to play a team that is living on the accomplishments of decades old awards! What had Nebraska won since 1995?
Since 95? Well...a national title in 97 for one.
Pokes Forever
Ranch Hand

trouble wrote:
Pokes Forever wrote:
T-Magic3 wrote:

You guys just don't get it....the luster of Nebraska football has worn off outside the friendly confines of Memorial stadium....keep working over the South Dakota states and Chattanooga's of the world and beat your chest about your record on opening day....looking at the last games of the season for the past few years, when teams play what are supposed to be evenly matched opponents, and the Corn doesn't look anything like those Huskers teams of lore......get the point here and go chat on a board where someone might buy into your mightier than all attitude.....here the folks deal in facts not legends! Deal with the fact that over the past decade you were an also ran in the Big 12 and are continuing down the same path in the Big 10....welcome to the real world Husker Nation......keep bragging about beating upnthe little guys but until you come through when it counts you are just a pack of chihuaua's trying to play with the big dogs based on past reputation!
trouble
Buckaroo

Pokes Forever wrote:
trouble wrote:
Pokes Forever wrote:
T-Magic3 wrote:

You guys just don't get it....the luster of Nebraska football has worn off outside the friendly confines of Memorial stadium....keep working over the South Dakota states and Chattanooga's of the world and beat your chest about your record on opening day....looking at the last games of the season for the past few years, when teams play what are supposed to be evenly matched opponents, and the Corn doesn't look anything like those Huskers teams of lore......get the point here and go chat on a board where someone might buy into your mightier than all attitude.....here the folks deal in facts not legends! Deal with the fact that over the past decade you were an also ran in the Big 12 and are continuing down the same path in the Big 10....welcome to the real world Husker Nation......keep bragging about beating upnthe little guys but until you come through when it counts you are just a pack of chihuaua's trying to play with the big dogs based on past reputation!
Hey Buddy, the question was asked what we have done since 95. I answered it. I'm fully aware these teams the last decade are not the teams of the 90s, I don't think any Husker fans have any delusions about that.

I guess some of you can't take a little friendly banter between teams.
SandBarHusker
Buckaroo

Since 95? well we do have a national championship and have won 72% of our games inspite of a 4 year span that rates with the worst of times for Nebraska football. And Wyoming? You've won 44% of your games. Not hear to knock you but you shouldn't throw stones without covering your own windows first.

I understand your passion and woudl be disappointed if youdidn't think you could win. Saying Nebraska has had troubles giving up yards in big games is accurate, TM has also turned the ball over a lot. But when statements are made that TM wouldn't even start in the MVC and Brett Smith is so much better than TM when the stats don't show it isn't passion. it's just stupid. As for Brett and TM. Don't just compare TD's thrown or passing yards. Compare all the yards both pasing and receiving and total TD's.
Blackshirts13
Buckaroo

We try to avoid Cal Poly at all cost.......what has Wyoming done in football to make Nebraska fans thing we should be worried come saturday? Nice 4-8 record last year......
Blackshirts13
Buckaroo

Pokes Forever wrote:
trouble wrote:
Pokes Forever wrote:
T-Magic3 wrote:

You do realize why we scheduled Wyoming for opening game right???...Newsflash, you are the South Dakota States and Chattanooga's of the world! Congrats.
trouble
Buckaroo

Blackshirts13 wrote:
Pokes Forever wrote:
trouble wrote:
Pokes Forever wrote:
T-Magic3 wrote:

You do realize why we scheduled Wyoming for opening game right???...Newsflash, you are the South Dakota States and Chattanooga's of the world! Congrats.

To be honest dude, chill out. Some of us Husker fans didnt come on here to troll and dont want others doing it either. No wonder so of these guys have a poop view of us.
YankPoke
Cowpoke

Thanks trouble, I appreciate those of you coming on here and sharing opinions and not trying to troll. I don't have a problem with having discussions with the Husker fans like yourself and some of the others on the board, the problem comes from T-magic3 and this guy.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

afterall we know we'll never win National titles etc..it would be nice to matter once in awhile tho, how long is it b4 your ideas of medocrity is not enough for Bo to keep his job, or is a coaching at Nebraska a lifetime appointment or is it a regular contract like any other place???
knapplc
Buckaroo

When you say "it would be nice to matter once in a while..." what do you mean? National relevance or something? That ain't all it's cracked up to be. The press loves to build a team up when they succeed and loves even more to tear them down when they fail.

You guys have, near as I can tell, a really neat thing going on here. You have great fans who staunchly support your team. It doesn't matter that you're not vying for a national championship - you bleed for your team no matter what. That's admirable.

Nebraska has been in the national spotlight not too long ago, and our fans are forever comparing the team to those great teams of old. We're not that, and we may never be that again. We could be the same team we've been the last five years. The difference between Nebraska Fan and Wyoming Fan is, for Nebraska Fan it seems like nothing is ever good enough. We have TONS of "fans" who love nothing more than to criticize the coach, rip on the character of the players, and in general bitch that we aren't winning national championships. It's like they've forgotten how to just be a fan of their team, to root for them whether they're winning ten games or losing ten games.

I'm impressed with you guys, and somewhat jealous. Even if you guys lose Saturday you'll all be right there on the Cowboy bandwagon. Even if Nebraska wins Saturday we'll have tons of people griping that we didn't do it impressively enough.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

knapplc wrote:When you say "it would be nice to matter once in a while..." what do you mean? National relevance or something? That ain't all it's cracked up to be. The press loves to build a team up when they succeed and loves even more to tear them down when they fail.

You guys have, near as I can tell, a really neat thing going on here. You have great fans who staunchly support your team. It doesn't matter that you're not vying for a national championship - you bleed for your team no matter what. That's admirable.

Nebraska has been in the national spotlight not too long ago, and our fans are forever comparing the team to those great teams of old. We're not that, and we may never be that again. We could be the same team we've been the last five years. The difference between Nebraska Fan and Wyoming Fan is, for Nebraska Fan it seems like nothing is ever good enough. We have TONS of "fans" who love nothing more than to criticize the coach, rip on the character of the players, and in general bitch that we aren't winning national championships. It's like they've forgotten how to just be a fan of their team, to root for them whether they're winning ten games or losing ten games.

I'm impressed with you guys, and somewhat jealous. Even if you guys lose Saturday you'll all be right there on the Cowboy bandwagon. Even if Nebraska wins Saturday we'll have tons of people griping that we didn't do it impressively enough.
you hit it right on the $$, I have many many relations from Nebraska as my grandparents grew up just south of York and I can remember all the talk when we'd come visit back in the 70's early 80's. So I've kinda had a special place in my heart for Big Red. Fans are what make or break rivalries no matter how big or small, there are knowledgable fans and those fans that their passion makes them forget what's truly important. I would like to have us vie for a run like Boise St or TCU did a few years back, but that's a long time coming...lol. We'd like to be able to sneak into a BCS bowl and let the world know that we belong once in a while, but again, not going to happen anytime soon. We now have a few more bowl ties which makes it nice. I remember when I went to school when we were in the top 20 week in and week out 88-93...that was fun, we had teams that truly gave others a run for their $$ and we used to be known as Receiver U, man that was fun until we ran into that buzz saw that was Okla ST and Barry Sanders, ugh 63-19 final score in 1988 Holiday Bowl. We make an occassional bowl and guess that's all we can ask for!!! Thanks for be cordial in this matter, I do appoligize that I went of earlier in the week, you have made it fun and I'm really looking forward to this once in a lifetime event in Lincoln on Saturday.... Thanks for all the fun.
GO POKES
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

stymeman wrote:you hit it right on the $$, I have many many relations from Nebraska as my grandparents grew up just south of York and I can remember all the talk when we'd come visit back in the 70's early 80's. So I've kinda had a special place in my heart for Big Red. Fans are what make or break rivalries no matter how big or small, there are knowledgable fans and those fans that their passion makes them forget what's truly important. I would like to have us vie for a run like Boise St or TCU did a few years back, but that's a long time coming...lol. We'd like to be able to sneak into a BCS bowl and let the world know that we belong once in a while, but again, not going to happen anytime soon. We now have a few more bowl ties which makes it nice. I remember when I went to school when we were in the top 20 week in and week out 88-93...that was fun, we had teams that truly gave others a run for their $$ and we used to be known as Receiver U, man that was fun until we ran into that buzz saw that was Okla ST and Barry Sanders, ugh 63-19 final score in 1988 Holiday Bowl. We make an occassional bowl and guess that's all we can ask for!!! Thanks for be cordial in this matter, I do appoligize that I went of earlier in the week, you have made it fun and I'm really looking forward to this once in a lifetime event in Lincoln on Saturday.... Thanks for all the fun.
GO POKES

Correction....it was 62-14 Okie State.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

Wyokie wrote:
stymeman wrote:you hit it right on the $$, I have many many relations from Nebraska as my grandparents grew up just south of York and I can remember all the talk when we'd come visit back in the 70's early 80's. So I've kinda had a special place in my heart for Big Red. Fans are what make or break rivalries no matter how big or small, there are knowledgable fans and those fans that their passion makes them forget what's truly important. I would like to have us vie for a run like Boise St or TCU did a few years back, but that's a long time coming...lol. We'd like to be able to sneak into a BCS bowl and let the world know that we belong once in a while, but again, not going to happen anytime soon. We now have a few more bowl ties which makes it nice. I remember when I went to school when we were in the top 20 week in and week out 88-93...that was fun, we had teams that truly gave others a run for their $$ and we used to be known as Receiver U, man that was fun until we ran into that buzz saw that was Okla ST and Barry Sanders, ugh 63-19 final score in 1988 Holiday Bowl. We make an occassional bowl and guess that's all we can ask for!!! Thanks for be cordial in this matter, I do appoligize that I went of earlier in the week, you have made it fun and I'm really looking forward to this once in a lifetime event in Lincoln on Saturday.... Thanks for all the fun.
GO POKES

My memory isnt' what it used to be I knew it was something like that, an assswhooopin...63-19 was the Utah St UW game a few years back i attended, ugh
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

stymeman wrote:
Wyokie wrote:
GO POKES

My memory isnt' what it used to be I knew it was something like that, an assswhooopin...63-19 was the Utah St UW game a few years back i attended, ugh
I have an excellent memory.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!