So, revenge on Howdy Doody after tonight complete?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

fromolwyoming wrote:
gbpoke wrote:
Brew_Poke wrote:
gbpoke wrote:
WyoAlum1987 wrote: But kudos all around, sting a few weeks together like this, and they turn into great seasons, string a few seasons like this together, and DC may very well usher in the Pokes' next (brown and) golden era.
That is if DC doesn't get courted by a power conference team, which seems to happen all to often just when we think we've got something brewing on that front.
Twice in like 50 years? Ericson, Tiller and who else?
Paul Roach was never going anywhere, but (I know a lot people don't like him as a person) Dana Dimel left and he was pretty successful, and what about Devaney who left to go to Nebraska? It also happens in basketball, I wasn't just talking about football.
Dimel wasn't successful. He took Houston to a great 0-12 season.
Plus his he had lousy morals...having an affair with a barmaid on top of a pool table.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
gbpoke
Cowpoke

Dimel was pretty successful at Wyoming, I know he sucked it up in Houston.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

gbpoke wrote:Dimel was pretty successful at Wyoming, I know he sucked it up in Houston.
He rode Tiller's recruits as long as he could. There's a reason why we were so horrible under Koening, and it wasn't all Koening's fault.
Brew_Poke
Cowpoke
Has liked: 27 times
Been liked: 2 times

Wyovanian wrote:
Brew_Poke wrote:
gbpoke wrote:
WyoAlum1987 wrote: But kudos all around, sting a few weeks together like this, and they turn into great seasons, string a few seasons like this together, and DC may very well usher in the Pokes' next (brown and) golden era.
That is if DC doesn't get courted by a power conference team, which seems to happen all to often just when we think we've got something brewing on that front.
Twice in like 50 years? Ericson, Tiller and who else?
Devaney, Dye, Erickson, Tiller. The only two winning coaches that really stuck with Wyoming since Bowden Wyatt were Eaton and Roach.
Twice in 50 years, four times in 75. I stand corrected. :?
COS Cowboy
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Don't forget Fred Akers.
UfuknDub
Ranch Hand

Why does every Wyoming fan have to start talk about our coach leaving if he does good? This season is only 1/4 over and you guys start talking like this? Pathetic I say. We haven't played much competition yet, hell we could still go 3-9, not saying we will, but jeeze come on guys.
one-smooth-poke
Ranch Hand

UfuknDub wrote:Why does every Wyoming fan have to start talk about our coach leaving if he does good? This season is only 1/4 over and you guys start talking like this? Pathetic I say. We haven't played much competition yet, hell we could still go 3-9, not saying we will, but jeeze come on guys.
Because we either have a terrible coach that needs fired, or a great coach that is gonna take off (not sure to what powerhouse team since none seem to be ready for a coach yet). So far, all season, many are all saying...good job, but we arent that good, or our defense is terrible, etc. Hell, we have a bad game against UNC and still steam roll them and people are still negative. All last week people were saying that the AF game would be a measuring stick. None of them have come and given us their most expert opinion on that measuring stick now that Wyo beat the hell out of AF worse than Boise or Fresno. Guess we are still not very good.

What kills me is that most of the people making these Einstein remarks don't even go to the games.

This is a solid team with a solid coach. CDC has said time and time again that he does not want to go anywhere else. He is not even a .500 coach and people are saying he is leaving. Well, with the weak fricken heart fans Wyoming has (last years "call for his head" mentality after the AF game is a perfect example) why would he want to stay? We should be having 25,000 to 28,000 people in the stands. Instead, we get experts on the message board who dont go to the games and bitch when a coach eventually leaves. Wyo is a stepping stone for bigger programs. But CDC does not leave for 2 more years at a minimum. Stop guessing, and go to the games.
YankPoke
Cowpoke

I wouldn't be surprised if we have a Chris Peterson on our hands here. DC loves it here and his family seem to really enjoy it here as well. He is getting over 1 million dollars per year, more than he would almost anywhere except potentially a top 25 program. I would only see him leaving for a top school, or a situation at Washington or Mizzou. He will be here at minimum two more years, and I see him being here much longer. Stop fretting about it and enjoy the great season we are having.
HellBass
Buckaroo

YankPoke wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if we have a Chris Peterson on our hands here. DC loves it here and his family seem to really enjoy it here as well. He is getting over 1 million dollars per year, more than he would almost anywhere except potentially a top 25 program. I would only see him leaving for a top school, or a situation at Washington or Mizzou. He will be here at minimum two more years, and I see him being here much longer. Stop fretting about it and enjoy the great season we are having.
This is totally spot on...I have it on good faith DC likes Laramie (I live in Columbia, MO), and he would likely only bolt for a job in Washington (state), Arizona, or Mizzou. Those are some pretty limited options...
Powder River, Let 'er Buck!