Brett Smith Top 15 pick in 2014 NFL Draft

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
gbpoke
Cowpoke

Here's a nice article that gives Brett a ton of love. Even if a couple of the facts are maybe a little less than true.

http://lockerroompicks.com/wyoming-qb-b ... map=%5B%5D" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
cowboysfan33
Ranch Hand

That is some major love. Nice too see people taking notice.
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

I'd rather he waited a year
disclaimer: I could be wrong. I've done it before...I'll probably do it again.

a high fallootin'...rootin' tootin' sonofa gun from 'ol WYOMIN'
gbpoke
Cowpoke

whyoh wrote:I'd rather he waited a year
Yeah, me too. A lot of others have said that they think he will stick around just so he can go and show his stuff against Oregon next season. The more I think about the type of personality he is, I could totally see that. He's always out to prove people wrong, who better than the home town/state team that wouldn't give him a scholarship offer?
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Here's a nice article that gives Brett a ton of love. Even if a couple of the facts are maybe a little less than true.
What facts where off?
gbpoke
Cowpoke

marcuswyo wrote:
What facts where off?
There was one about the Nebraska game, said the last drive stalled with just over a minute left. I guess the other one was more of an opinion, about Air Force being a decent team. And is Taylor Martinez really that highly touted?
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

gbpoke wrote:
marcuswyo wrote:
What facts where off?
There was one about the Nebraska game, said the last drive stalled with just over a minute left. I guess the other one was more of an opinion, about Air Force being a decent team. And is Taylor Martinez really that highly touted?
It said we're 4-0 ATS in OOC games.....we haven't even played 4 OOC games
disclaimer: I could be wrong. I've done it before...I'll probably do it again.

a high fallootin'...rootin' tootin' sonofa gun from 'ol WYOMIN'
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Going to be interesting to see what Brett does if this season leads to a 9+ win year. Guess that goes the same for CDC too.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

J-Rod wrote:Going to be interesting to see what Brett does if this season leads to a 9+ win year. Guess that goes the same for CDC too.
Well, I don't know how well the defense will be tested this weekend (Texas State not known for its offense, period), but if they can keep teams from scoring like they have been, than a 9 win season is not out of the realm of possibility. But first things first, Texas State. Their D, like our offense, has put up big numbers against bad competition. Southern Miss (one of the worst teams in FBS the last couple of years), Prarie View A&M (never even heard of them until this year), and a Texas Tech team trying to find its identity this year. Texas State clearly goes for the "bend but don't break" philosophy like we do, as they allow a lot of yards, but do pretty well in keeping the scores low.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 46 times

fromolwyoming wrote:
J-Rod wrote:Going to be interesting to see what Brett does if this season leads to a 9+ win year. Guess that goes the same for CDC too.
Well, I don't know how well the defense will be tested this weekend (Texas State not known for its offense, period), but if they can keep teams from scoring like they have been, than a 9 win season is not out of the realm of possibility. But first things first, Texas State. Their D, like our offense, has put up big numbers against bad competition. Southern Miss (one of the worst teams in FBS the last couple of years), Prarie View A&M (never even heard of them until this year), and a Texas Tech team trying to find its identity this year. Texas State clearly goes for the "bend but don't break" philosophy like we do, as they allow a lot of yards, but do pretty well in keeping the scores low.
I heard of them....a historically all-black college. The Panthers. And they had the longest losing streak ever during the 1990s.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

fromolwyoming wrote: Well, I don't know how well the defense will be tested this weekend (Texas State not known for its offense, period), but if they can keep teams from scoring like they have been, than a 9 win season is not out of the realm of possibility. But first things first, Texas State. Their D, like our offense, has put up big numbers against bad competition. Southern Miss (one of the worst teams in FBS the last couple of years), Prarie View A&M (never even heard of them until this year), and a Texas Tech team trying to find its identity this year. Texas State clearly goes for the "bend but don't break" philosophy like we do, as they allow a lot of yards, but do pretty well in keeping the scores low.
Maybe I'm misguided or blinded by early results against weak teams, but I only see Fresno, Boise, and Utah State as threats to Wyoming, with San Jose St. as a small threat (game in California, Fales is good). That's 7-5 at worst. I think they get to 9 wins....but its still early. Texas St. though? I'm sorry....I just don't see it. Hangovers, traps, I think that's all overblown. Wyoming is flat out better at football than Texas St.
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

yoming is flat out better at football than Texas St
Couldn't agree more!
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

Wyokie wrote:
fromolwyoming wrote:
I heard of them....a historically all-black college. The Panthers. And they had the longest losing streak ever during the 1990s.
Didn't our basketball team play them fairly recently?
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 46 times

kdwrightuwyo wrote:
Wyokie wrote:
fromolwyoming wrote:
Didn't our basketball team play them fairly recently?
Yep. Sometime in the past couple of years.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

gbpoke wrote:
whyoh wrote:I'd rather he waited a year
Yeah, me too. A lot of others have said that they think he will stick around just so he can go and show his stuff against Oregon next season. The more I think about the type of personality he is, I could totally see that. He's always out to prove people wrong, who better than the home town/state team that wouldn't give him a scholarship offer?

I think he may test the waters, but NOT sign with an agent, if he's this good this year, just wait one more!!! Plus I wanna be at Autzen in Eugene next year watching him torch the Ducks!!!! It's been fun watching him climb the ladder in NCAA football
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

If projections like this are accurate I think it's very likely Brett may go. He's already had a couple of concussions in college. If he's looking at some real money in the draft and a higher round pick, I think he's probably going to go to the NFL.
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 23 times

Cowboy Junky wrote:If projections like this are accurate I think it's very likely Brett may go. He's already had a couple of concussions in college. If he's looking at some real money in the draft and a higher round pick, I think he's probably going to go to the NFL.
Sadly, I'd be forced to agree. If you have a good chance of getting drafted in the first round, you probably take the guaranteed money rather than risk having a career ender your senior year of college.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Either way - stay or go - DC can say to good prospective QB's: Look at us. Look at what we did to develop a QB only a few wanted. Come play for us.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Let's enjoy him while we can then, eh??????
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 23 times

stymeman wrote:Let's enjoy him while we can then, eh??????
For sure - he's a treat to watch, and I'd enjoy it even if he wasn't a Cowboy.