Another Commitment

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

C J Morgan - WR

5'10", 4.45 speed, 32 inch verticle, fastest guy at Wyoming's most recent camp. He was getting looks from a couple of Big 12 schools as well as CSU...

http://coloradoprepreport.rivals.com/co ... CID=964517
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
WyomingAg
A Real Cowboy

Does anyone know how many commits we have now?
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

I just saw that we got a commitment from another 3 star QB - Darren White out of Missouri.

http://wyoming.rivals.com/barrier_noent ... &mid=&rid=
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
TheRealUW
Cowpoke
Been liked: 52 times

Darrenn White will more than likely be an impact player. CJ Morgan...not so much. Hope he proves me wrong, but I doubt it.
Fullback41
A Real Cowboy

I believe that is ten now, and whats even better is CSU has zero commitments. Darrenn White appears to be listed as an Athlete by Rivals. Keep it up DC and company, it looks like we have a couple WR prospects now, how bout a stud TE like DC had in Missouri. I haven't seen us land any stud linebackers yet like we usually do, and we need future DBs to help defend in this league, and OL we can customize for our wide splits and aggressive new offense.

They appear to be raking in some recruits now and I love it!!!!!!!
In heaven there is no beer, thats why we drink it here, and when we're gone from here, our friends will be drinking all the beer!
TheRealUW
Cowpoke
Been liked: 52 times

Fullback41 wrote:I believe that is ten now, and whats even better is CSU has zero commitments. Darrenn White appears to be listed as an Athlete by Rivals. Keep it up DC and company, it looks like we have a couple WR prospects now, how bout a stud TE like DC had in Missouri. I haven't seen us land any stud linebackers yet like we usually do, and we need future DBs to help defend in this league, and OL we can customize for our wide splits and aggressive new offense.

They appear to be raking in some recruits now and I love it!!!!!!!
CSU does actually have 2 commits. Neither of them very good in my opinion :D . I've been complaining about recruiting for years now. Things look to be turning around in that area and I fully expect it to show on the field. 2 years from now could be a very, very good football team. I f-word love it.
WyomingAg
A Real Cowboy

The one major thing I like about Christensens approach to recruiting is rather then taking the Glenn approach of "well you just can't recruit to laramie so we will take whatever we can get and it doesn't matter", Christensen is taking the "we're going after anyone we want regardless of who else is recruiting them, and we are going to show them everything about wyoming" and what do you know we are pulling in 3 star recruits before the season even starts.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 313 times
Been liked: 121 times

WyomingAg wrote:The one major thing I like about Christensens approach to recruiting is rather then taking the Glenn approach of "well you just can't recruit to laramie so we will take whatever we can get and it doesn't matter", Christensen is taking the "we're going after anyone we want regardless of who else is recruiting them, and we are going to show them everything about wyoming" and what do you know we are pulling in 3 star recruits before the season even starts.
Right you are, and it will continually get better the closer to February signing day. Joe Glenn knew how to recruit D2 talent, and he recruited D2 talent, or leftover D1 talent. Only bits & pieces kept him employed here for 6 years.

UW is a solid academic institution (and still growing), Laramie is a safe place to live...yet only 2 hours from a major US city (close enough yet far enough away), UW has great facilities, and great fans. There are a lot of kids out there that would love to be a part of that...and DC knows, you have to ask & show to find out.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
MtnFBfan
Buckaroo

It looks like DC is doing a nice job with the QBs given that they run 4.5 40 yard dashes. Chase Daniel at Missouri wasn't a slow player himself...if you check the 2005 Missouri class, Daniel ran a 4.5 40 as well. Cowboy fans should be more excited about this offense down the road.
MtnFBfan
Buckaroo

WYCowboy wrote:C J Morgan - WR

5'10", 4.45 speed, 32 inch verticle, fastest guy at Wyoming's most recent camp. He was getting looks from a couple of Big 12 schools as well as CSU...

I wonder if he would be Wyoming's version of Jeremy Maclin?
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 313 times
Been liked: 121 times

MtnFBfan wrote:

MtnFBfan...it is hard to compare anything these days. Back some years ago, UW was quite the "WR University" with names like hiesman candidate Marcus Harris, Ryan Yarborough, Jovon Bourknigth, Scottie Vines, Malcolm Floyd (still playing with the chargers), etc., etc. I hope he turns out to be the next Harris honestly!
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
MtnFBfan
Buckaroo

McPeachy wrote:
MtnFBfan wrote:

MtnFBfan...it is hard to compare anything these days. Back some years ago, UW was quite the "WR University" with names like hiesman candidate Marcus Harris, Ryan Yarborough, Jovon Bourknigth, Scottie Vines, Malcolm Floyd (still playing with the chargers), etc., etc. I hope he turns out to be the next Harris honestly!
Anyone that is explosive at WR and is dangerous in the return game would be awesome to have!