Hire Craig Bohl

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
YankPoke
Cowpoke

Tormey should not be let onto the plane home and needs to have his walking papers. DC should be fired at seasons end and we need to send money at Bohl and get him to Laramie.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

YankPoke wrote:Tormey should not be let onto the plane home and needs to have his walking papers. DC should be fired at seasons end and we need to send money at Bohl and get him to Laramie.
Unless something CRAZY happens, I agree.
I'm on board.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

For those of you campaigning for Bohl, what has he done that makes you think it'll end any different than Glenn?
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote:For those of you campaigning for Bohl, what has he done that makes you think it'll end any different than Glenn?
Beat Kansas State.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote:For those of you campaigning for Bohl, what has he done that makes you think it'll end any different than Glenn?
He could also be the next Jim Tressell. Who knows? He has FBS experience can coach and can obviously recruit kids to a barren place with horrible weather.
YankPoke
Cowpoke

Also Joe Glenn was always in FCS, Bohl was at least at Nebraska as a DC when they were still good.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

There are a lot of similarities between the two....but that does not mean things would be the same as the Glenn era. The man knows how to win big despite geographical disadvantages. I'll take my chances with him as opposed to some assistant from the Pac-12 who will hate Laramie 3 months into his tenure.
NowherePoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

He has a great resume. I actually anticipate he will take a higher profile FBS job than Wyoming this year. Reminds me of Tad Boyle in that sense. I felt like we should have fired Schroyer much earlier (like, after the first game he coached, but I digress) and hired Boyle, but we didn't get there in time. If we wanted Bohl, we needed to fire DC last year.

Still, no guarantee that he would succeed here. Glenn and DC both had quality resumes and have been complete failures.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Beat a rebuilding name and that indicates he can recruit d-1 talent? I normally agree with you beav and even drink from the same kool aid chalice but I am not sold on hiring a fcs coach
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

SDPokeFan wrote:
He could also be the next Jim Tressell. Who knows? He has FBS experience can coach and can obviously recruit kids to a barren place with horrible weather.
Recruiting to D-2 powerhouse isn't quite the same as recruiting to D-1 Laramie... We've seen what D-2 talent at this level looks like.... I agree he could go on to be the next Saban but he could just as easily become the next Vic Koennig
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

BeaverPoke wrote:
YankPoke wrote:Tormey should not be let onto the plane home and needs to have his walking papers. DC should be fired at seasons end and we need to send money at Bohl and get him to Laramie.
Unless something CRAZY happens, I agree.
I'm on board.
Same here.

And I want to add this....FIRE BURMAN ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
DocHolliday
Cowpoke

I've already implored Mr Bohl to look in this direction on his Twitter feed: @CraigBohl
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

BeaverPoke wrote:
Beat Kansas State.
He barely beat a bad Kansas St team. Trust me, not a "quality" win.
I feel for Snyder. They are way worse off than us.
Play calling: QB rush, QB rush, TE slant, punt.

But really think about it. Bohl runs a run heavy offense. Our offense, with its talent returning would be a complete waste while trying to transition.
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

We owe it Brett to not switch horses midstream. I say give DC another year with a new d coordinator.
NowherePoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

djm19 wrote:We owe it Brett to not switch horses midstream. I say give DC another year with a new d coordinator.
Don't you think we owe it to Brett to try to win?

Changing coordinators isn't likely to work in this situation. It's exactly like Joe Glenn in 2007. The program was sliding down hill and one side of the ball was completely pathetic (it was offense at that time) so they sacrificed the coordinator (Cockhill, who should have been fired years earlier). The problem was that they couldn't get a decent coordinator to come in because Glenn was a lame duck coach and everyone knew it was likely for one year before getting fired again. That's how we ended up with Bob Cole and another crappy season.

DC is done. The only question is whether we will need to endure an awful lame duck season next year or not.
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

You all realize Bohl has zero experience turning a program around. He's done great things at NDSU, but he took over a winning program.
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

djm19 wrote:We owe it Brett to not switch horses midstream. I say give DC another year with a new d coordinator.
I think we owe it to Brett to win games and find coaches that don't have defenses that give up 50 points and 500+ yards every time they step onto the field. Besides there are 100 other kids in this program to think about, not just Brett Smith.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 290 times
Been liked: 115 times

No on Bohl, yes on Tormey, yes on DC.

UW's next AD needs to make a splash hire here. No more risk taking (Tiller, Dimel, Koennig, Glenn, Christensen). Do it.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

First of all whoever talked down on beating Kansas State...really?
They BARELY beat them? Who cares? A win is a WIN! Not to mention, K-State is a BCS team and NDSU is FCS.
Saying K-State is worse off than us...really?
3-4 in the Big 12 is better than 4-4 in the MWC if you ask me.

Second of all...if we get Bohl after this season, he will have Brett Smith, and then Jason Thompson to play QB for him. Doesn't matter what system you're in, they can both play QB damn well. Pro-style or spread, whatever. Not to mention Wick and May next season.
He has offensive talent, so he just needs to worry about the O-Line which is good some games, and awful others. Good coaching can probably fix that.
Then...the defense.
Teach them to play freaking defense!
Plus, if he has been at Nebraska, and NDSU he can recruit kids to remote areas, knows how to deal with bad winters and can recruit the small town kid. The kid that wants to come to Laramie and drink a couple beers with a can of copenhagen instead of a bunch of douchey losers that just want to go to the club and chase "friendly ladies" all night.
YankPoke
Cowpoke

BeaverPoke wrote:First of all whoever talked down on beating Kansas State...really?
They BARELY beat them? Who cares? A win is a WIN! Not to mention, K-State is a BCS team and NDSU is FCS.
Saying K-State is worse off than us...really?
3-4 in the Big 12 is better than 4-4 in the MWC if you ask me.

Second of all...if we get Bohl after this season, he will have Brett Smith, and then Jason Thompson to play QB for him. Doesn't matter what system you're in, they can both play QB damn well. Pro-style or spread, whatever. Not to mention Wick and May next season.
He has offensive talent, so he just needs to worry about the O-Line which is good some games, and awful others. Good coaching can probably fix that.
Then...the defense.
Teach them to play freaking defense!
Plus, if he has been at Nebraska, and NDSU he can recruit kids to remote areas, knows how to deal with bad winters and can recruit the small town kid. The kid that wants to come to Laramie and drink a couple beers with a can of copenhagen instead of a bunch of douchey losers that just want to go to the club and chase "friendly ladies" all night.
+1