Difference between Smith & Carr

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
BackHarlowRoad
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 4 times

Things don't go Brett's way, he gets emotional, angry, tries to make up for it by doing too much.

Things don't go Carr's way, he stays calm, confident, stays poised and does what he has to do.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Sure wasn't that way last season. Derek has greatly improved.
STJ10
Buckaroo

I somewhat agree. However, the frustration was also apparent on Carr's face in the first half of last night's game. There is also another difference between the two. When Derek Carr gets shut down, he simply gets "shut down." Why? Because he can't do anything other than throw the ball. When B. Smith gets shut down throwing the ball, at least he has another aspect to his game. He can make up for the lack of passing production with his feet. Carr is the better passer, and yet I still feel that Smith is the better overall QB. IF Smith had protection and the offensive weapons to distribute the ball to, he would put up much bigger numbers than what he has the past couple of weeks. I know from experience, that when a QB is running for his life every time he receives the snap, it will seriously affect his timing, throwing motion (back leg throws) and his overall productivity. There are a lot more factors to a QB being successful, than staying cool-headed.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

BackHarlowRoad wrote:Things don't go Brett's way, he gets emotional, angry, tries to make up for it by doing too much.

Things don't go Carr's way, he stays calm, confident, stays poised and does what he has to do.
Sorry I don't agree with that at all, your calling Carr better than Smith because of a poop job coaching.

i'll say it again, second half adjustments, DC never makes them and they always ALWAYS cost us the game this isn't something new this is a repeat offense that happens multiple times during the year. This is why DC is an amazing OC but a poop head coach.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

the big difference is FSU has an O line to protect him Brett doesn't really
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Yeah, I can understand Brett getting frustrated, his o-line gets pushed back too easily and he gets a lot of pressure early and often. Even as mobile as he is, he can only do so much.
mwc fan
Cowpoke

Still there were many 3rd down opportunities where the receiver was wide open and the pass was way off target. That isnt CDC's fault at all. While the Oline did struggle with pass protection, there were many instances where San Jose blitzed leaving receivers wide open. Not one of Bretts better games, but he is a great player and I anticipate he will bounce back against Fresno in a big way. Ive never seen Brett have 3 bad games in a row. Being on ESPN2 will bring out Bretts best.
Wyogogo
Buckaroo

if you are going to analyze somebody you have to analyze everything. you can't just look at stats from a couple games and the W/L column. carr is surrounded by better talent than smith is, with the statistics brett has been able to put up that poop has to be taken into consideration. i'd also like to see a stat about how many throws smith is forced to make on the run. if you watched the games that's not a result of happy feet, that's a result of having the pocket collapse immediately. if you are going to make a claim like that then you have to explain why with more than two sentences, otherwise i'm not taking it seriously. i would even make the argument that smith is more important to his team than carr is, and THAT is an underrated and often overlooked aspect in my opinion.