wyo vs hawaii

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Well we are not winning at Boise.
4-6 wyo playing Hawaii. For bowl hopes, wyo needs to win.
Leaving our bowl hope coming down to the Utah state- wyo game.
Can wyo do it? Win their final 2 games to go to a bowl?
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
PokePride.com
Cowpoke

After watching then last night I am not holding my breath. HCDC offense has been to easy to defend lately. I will be at the Hawaii game but as of right now would not be surprised if Wyoming is win number 1 for Hawaii.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Hawai'i has at least played competitively in most their games. It won't be easy to beat them but we SHOULD.
@usu though.....it will be very similar to DC and ACS first season...going to foco to get a W to go bowling for the last game of the season. Difference is, usu is much better than that csu team.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 80 times

A low level bowl would be the worst thing for us, IMO. It would continue the charade that we are a decent team and further gloss over the fact that we are going backwards. Low level bowls, after the first year of two of a new coaching administration, are the death knell. They incite mediocrity.

We either need to win out (can't believe I even typed that, as it will not happen) or we need to get to next season, find someone new to lead the ship (and I mean that to include more than DC) and go forward.

For my part, I might not donate to the general CJC fund for much longer...but of my modest donation, I would continue to give at the same level if I could split it between the general scholarship fund and a coaching (head coach, assistants, etc.) excellence fund. I want to support the kids, but think that the best way to do it might be to give them coaches that can instill a sense of pride in UW again, while also helping fund scholarships. Hell, I'd even give a little bit toward that logo riddled SUV thing that they talk about in the consultant report, if that would help. Perhaps I will do that after the folks in Old Main finally arrive at a thoughtful JUCO transfer program that isn't so elitist. If they have gone to school and got the grades, let them transfer the credits...this ain't Harvard.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

I actually had high hopes for this game being good at the beginning of the year partly since I have a bunch of good friends in the Islands whom I met on Sports Hawaii.

But....now....Oh, boy..... :roll:

I'm going to need to get a 6-pack of Coors Light to watch this farce on-line November 23. With my lucky, I'll probably drink all 6 bottles by halftime!
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 290 times
Been liked: 115 times

Wyokie wrote:I actually had high hopes for this game being good at the beginning of the year partly since I have a bunch of good friends in the Islands whom I met on Sports Hawaii.

I'm going to need to get a 6-pack of Coors Light to watch this farce on-line November 23. With my lucky, I'll probably drink all 6 bottles by halftime!
6 pack? LOL.

Lightweight.

You know what having the deed on a beach, and Coors Light (and Bud light for that matter) have in common?

They are both f-word near water.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

McPeachy wrote:
Wyokie wrote:I actually had high hopes for this game being good at the beginning of the year partly since I have a bunch of good friends in the Islands whom I met on Sports Hawaii.

6 pack? LOL.

Lightweight.

You know what having the deed on a beach, and Coors Light (and Bud light for that matter) have in common?

They are both f-word near water.
I know but light lagers like Coors Light don't give me headaches. Stuff like Coors or Budweiser did. Can't stand ales.

BTW, beer here is 3.2% poop! :roll:
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 31 times

Oklahoma is oppressive. I had a nice 11% beer the other day.. knocked me on my ass temporarily.
ImageImageImageImage
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

MrTitleist wrote:Oklahoma is oppressive. I had a nice 11% beer the other day.. knocked me on my ass temporarily.
I would love to have that beer. Oklahoma is belt buckle of the Bible Belt. Still shocked there are strip clubs here.....but sadly you can only see the girls with the tops off. No complete nudity.
The Virginian
Cowpoke

BeaverPoke wrote:Well we are not winning at Boise.
You seriously want this team in a bowl game? No thank you. I don't want to have them get their asses handed to them on National TV. Just let this season die a quiet death.
This post submitted anonymously by Jeff Fry aka DCPoke
ZapPoke
Cowpoke
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 40 times

Hey, watch it. Last year I said the Cowboys shouldn't play in that post season b-ball tournament I got ripped a new one.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

The Virginian wrote:
You seriously want this team in a bowl game? No thank you. I don't want to have them get their asses handed to them on National TV. Just let this season die a quiet death.
Uhh yes I want them in a bowl game. I'm not going to cheer against Wyoming to not make a bowl game and win one, then somehow justify it as being a better fan for cheering for them to lose.
The goal is to win a bowl game, it's still possible, and that's what I want.
cowboyz
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

BeaverPoke wrote:
The Virginian wrote:
Uhh yes I want them in a bowl game. I'm not going to cheer against Wyoming to not make a bowl game and win one, then somehow justify it as being a better fan for cheering for them to lose.
I'd like to see them make a bowl game for the extra 20 practices if nothing else. However, even if we win 2 of 3 I don't see us going to one. The MWC has 6 bowl games. FSU, USU and Boise are locks. UNLV beats NM and they're at 6, CSU beats NM or AF and they're at 6, SDS beats HI and they're at 6, San Jose beats NV or Navy and they're at 6. We win 2 of 3 and we're at 6. Even if FSU goes to a BCS bowl, we're still one bowl game short. With our small market and getting clocked last time out, we probably don't get the invite.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

cowboyz wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:
The Virginian wrote:
I'd like to see them make a bowl game for the extra 20 practices if nothing else. However, even if we win 2 of 3 I don't see us going to one. The MWC has 6 bowl games. FSU, USU and Boise are locks. UNLV beats NM and they're at 6, CSU beats NM or AF and they're at 6, SDS beats HI and they're at 6, San Jose beats NV or Navy and they're at 6. We win 2 of 3 and we're at 6. Even if FSU goes to a BCS bowl, we're still one bowl game short. With our small market and getting clocked last time out, we probably don't get the invite.
Also depends on if CSU gets in a 6-7 (13 game schedule) and how many bowl eligible teams there are in the country.
Regardless, I still hope Wyoming ends up 7-5 and beats Boise. Always cheer for the Pokes to win, regardless of what bowls are eligible.
cowboyz
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

BeaverPoke wrote:
cowboyz wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:
The Virginian wrote:
Also depends on if CSU gets in a 6-7 (13 game schedule) and how many bowl eligible teams there are in the country.
Regardless, I still hope Wyoming ends up 7-5 and beats Boise. Always cheer for the Pokes to win, regardless of what bowls are eligible.
A win vs. Boise would take a lot of the sting out and 7-5 would get us a bowl game, as all the teams I mentioned won't get 7. CSU could get to 7-6 by beating AF and NM. Both very winnable. Plus, I don't see FSU making a BCS bowl. But there just isn't always enough bowl games to go around. Western Kentucky got burned at 7-5 last year. Louisiana Tech also got burned, but that was their own fault.
DocHolliday
Cowpoke

I simply cannot believe anyone in their right mind is:

A-Even thinking about a Bowl scenario.

B-Wants to see Wyoming in a Bowl game.

C-Feels this team is even anywhere close to Bowl worthiness.

My word...

Are you serious?

This football program is shipwrecked.

The last 3 games we have given up, 52, 51, and yesterday, 48 points.

And some of you are talking Bowl possibilities?

You mean, you want to see more of this team?

A Bowl Game?

Seriously?

Riddle me this; would you vote for A-2 more wins and the potential of a bowl game invite - and the return of the same cast and crew next season. Or B-3 more losses and the complete house cleaning of the football department?

Me? I'll take the latter...and I'll do so without any apologies.

Go POKES.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

DocHolliday wrote:I simply cannot believe anyone in their right mind is:

My word...

Are you serious?
Really? I mean seriously?
You don't want to see Wyo in a bowl game? Then you are not a Wyoming fan. Don't even try and say how you are if you don't want to see Wyo in a bowl game.
What a joke.

And to think about a bowl scenario, my god it's not like they are 0-6 and need to win 6 straight. They just need to win 2 out of the last 3 games.
And bowl worthiness is winning 6 games. If this team wins 6 games they are bowl worthy. That's the way it works so deal with it.

I don't understand how anyone can call themselves a Wyo fan and DON'T want them to go to a bowl game.
What a bunch of poop.
Pokes Forever
Ranch Hand

BeaverPoke wrote:
DocHolliday wrote:I simply cannot believe anyone in their right mind is:

My word...

Are you serious?
Really? I mean seriously?
You don't want to see Wyo in a bowl game? Then you are not a Wyoming fan. Don't even try and say how you are if you don't want to see Wyo in a bowl game.
What a joke.

And to think about a bowl scenario, my god it's not like they are 0-6 and need to win 6 straight. They just need to win 2 out of the last 3 games.
And bowl worthiness is winning 6 games. If this team wins 6 games they are bowl worthy. That's the way it works so deal with it.

I don't understand how anyone can call themselves a Wyo fan and DON'T want them to go to a bowl game.
What a bunch of poop.
Six wins makes you bowl eligible.......not necessarily worthy......a blowout last night, another probable next week (hope not just being realistic) both on national TV.......great for recruiting!
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

The whole issue of the Pokes making it to a bowl this year presents a moral dilemma: Go to a "trash" bowl and Dave stays to create another painful season to watch but the players get some satisfaction. Fail at a bowl and the players are penalized (although many may wish the season would just end) but Dave probably goes, at least creating hope for the future.
DocHolliday
Cowpoke

I'm sorry if I cannot agree with some of the fan base here.

A bowl game.

For this team.

That's pretty rich.