wyo vs hawaii

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
The Virginian
Cowpoke

DocHolliday wrote:I'm sorry if I cannot agree with some of the fan base here.

A bowl game.

For this team.

That's pretty rich.
Doc, I don't see eye-to-eye with you on a lot of things, but this one I'm 100 percent with you.
This post submitted anonymously by Jeff Fry aka DCPoke
DocHolliday
Cowpoke

The Virginian wrote:
DocHolliday wrote:I'm sorry if I cannot agree with some of the fan base here.

A bowl game.

For this team.

That's pretty rich.
Doc, I don't see eye-to-eye with you on a lot of things, but this one I'm 100 percent with you.

The other guy is out and out ridiculous...his inability to objectively and clearly see this situation for what it is is absurd.

They have a game coming up and this guy is all energized and seeing things through Brown & Gold glasses...come on boys! We can do it! We can win! Cain will make our defense brand new!

Then they lose...then he vents with this and that about how he cannot take it any longer, he was wrong about Christensen...

Then the next week he puffs out his chest again, buys some optimism, asks everyone here; 'can we win?'

Then he goes on and on about how we're set to turn it around...cannot wait for gameday!

They lose (as they did last night) he then vents immediately after the game...and then 24 hours later he begins his illogical methods all over again.

Now he's talking about a Bowl game.

Again.

They lose this coming weekend 61-7 and this guy will still be talking about a bowl game so long as a measly 6 wins is still possible.

He also infers that if I don't want to see the Pokes in a Bowl game this season, then I'm not a fan?

I'm sorry, but I'm not into short term gratification.

The guy is a joke - and more than that he's as predictable as another Wyoming blowout loss.

Coming to a Saturday game near you.

Soon.
Last edited by DocHolliday on Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

How about this scenario.
Wyoming gets to a bowl game, and wins it.
Then Sternberg fires Burman for running a program that has only gotten to a bowl game 3 times.
New AD lays it out pretty clearly for DC and the crew: MWC title next year, OR win 10+ next season, or you're done.

The goal is a bowl game right? I know we are all frustrated, but to hope that the team doesn't get to a bowl game is not what a real fan does.

You are painting this picture like it's either we don't get to a bowl and DC gets fired or we do get to a bowl game and DC stays on board forever.

While Sternberg was at OK-State, they would have fired an AD if the football team could only get to a bowl game 3 times in 5 years.
He might be bringing that mentality to UW.

As a fan you should still want the team to get to a bowl game and win it. You can also hope that Burman gets fired because of it as well.
But you shouldn't be hoping the team loses. That is a joke, how can you call yourself a fan?
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
DocHolliday
Cowpoke

BeaverPoke wrote:How about this scenario.
Then Sternberg fires Burman for running a program that has only gotten to a bowl game 3 times.
New AD lays it out pretty clearly for DC and the crew: MWC title next year, OR win 10+ next season, or you're done.

The goal is a bowl game right? I know we are all frustrated, but to hope that the team doesn't get to a bowl game is not what a real fan does.

You are painting this picture like it's either we don't get to a bowl and DC gets fired or we do get to a bowl game and DC stays on board forever.

While Sternberg was at OK-State, they would have fired an AD if the football team could only get to a bowl game 3 times in 5 years.

As a fan you should still want the team to get to a bowl game and win it. You can also hope that Burman gets fired because of it as well.
But you shouldn't be hoping the team loses. That is a joke, how can you call yourself a fan?
Negative.

I reject all of your scenarios.

I want the entire thing torn down and a new foundation built.

Listen though, even if they lose THIS weekend...you are aware that we still have 2 games left and we STILL could get to 6 wins and become bowl eligible?

How exciting!
The Virginian
Cowpoke

I really don't care if we make the Potato Peel Dot Com Bowl. I care about winning conference championships. That's where I want us to be. Win the championship and the bowl game will follow. Besides, you know a lot of universities lose money going to these crappy ESPN-driven bowls because they have to buy up the unsold tickets plus the cost of travel and other expenses.

Back in the day there were only a few bowl games and it meant something. Wyoming going to the 1968 Sugar Bowl is 100 times more meaningful and relevant than it's two New Mexico Bowl appearances.
This post submitted anonymously by Jeff Fry aka DCPoke
DocHolliday
Cowpoke

The Virginian wrote:I really don't care if we make the Potato Peel Dot Com Bowl. I care about winning conference championships. That's where I want us to be. Win the championship and the bowl game will follow. Besides, you know a lot of universities lose money going to these crappy ESPN-driven bowls because they have to buy up the unsold tickets plus the cost of travel and other expenses.

Back in the day there were only a few bowl games and it meant something. Wyoming going to the 1968 Sugar Bowl is 100 times more meaningful and relevant than it's two New Mexico Bowl appearances.
Amen, sir, Amen.

As an aside, I have always felt that the entire premise of any team going to a bowl game with 6 wins is preposterous and only cheapens and waters down the CFB post season environment.

To me, if you can't win at least 8 games during the regular season then you have no business playing in a 'bowl'.

Mediocrity ain't just found in Laramie these days.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

DocHolliday wrote:
The Virginian wrote:I really don't care if we make the Potato Peel Dot Com Bowl. I care about winning conference championships. That's where I want us to be. Win the championship and the bowl game will follow. Besides, you know a lot of universities lose money going to these crappy ESPN-driven bowls because they have to buy up the unsold tickets plus the cost of travel and other expenses.

Amen, sir, Amen.

As an aside, I have always felt that the entire premise of any team going to a bowl game with 6 wins is preposterous and only cheapens and waters down the CFB post season environment.

To me, if you can't win at least 8 games during the regular season then you have no business playing in a 'bowl'.

Mediocrity ain't just found in Laramie these days.
+1
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
YankPoke
Cowpoke

DocHolliday wrote:

Negative.

Listen though, even if they lose THIS weekend...you are aware that we still have 2 games left and we STILL could get to 6 wins and become bowl eligible?

How exciting!
Doc you continually seem like you aren't a Wyoming fan. All that BP is saying is you should NEVER be rooting for your team to lose, there is nothing wrong with rooting for Wyoming to win, hell that is the point of being a fan. The only time you come around is when we lose, it is almost like you enjoy it. It seems like all you ever want is people to be fired, all BP wants is for the people to actually cheer for Wyoming to win every game and not be cheering for them to lose.
DocHolliday
Cowpoke

YankPoke wrote:
DocHolliday wrote:

Negative.

How exciting!
Doc you continually seem like you aren't a Wyoming fan. All that BP is saying is you should NEVER be rooting for your team to lose, there is nothing wrong with rooting for Wyoming to win, hell that is the point of being a fan. The only time you come around is when we lose, it is almost like you enjoy it. It seems like all you ever want is people to be fired, all BP wants is for the people to actually cheer for Wyoming to win every game and not be cheering for them to lose.

Excuse me? Your accusation is absolute poop, pardon my French.

Enjoy losing?

I detest it, I hold losing in utter contempt my friend.

I know a loser when I see one, and I know a losing program when I view one enough times.

If the truth hurts I don't care.

I cannot and will not stand by this administration a second longer.

You wish to?

That's your choice.
YankPoke
Cowpoke

I never said I stand by the administration at all, I am just simply stating you should be rooting for Wyoming to win every game and get to bowl games, not hoping they will lose. I am with everyone else on this board, I hate losing more than probably anything in the world, and I want Burman and DC fired immediately. I just find it disgusting that people want us to lose games instead of always cheering for Wyoming to win.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

YankPoke wrote:I never said I stand by the administration at all, I am just simply stating you should be rooting for Wyoming to win every game and get to bowl games, not hoping they will lose. I am with everyone else on this board, I hate losing more than probably anything in the world, and I want Burman and DC fired immediately. I just find it disgusting that people want us to lose games instead of always cheering for Wyoming to win.
What Doc is saying is this....we need to lose and lose badly to force a lot of changes to happen. Otherwise, 2014 will be a repeat, only worse, of this year. Because if we go bowling...Stenberg can't fire Burman plus CDC will stay another year to where Brett Smith just might get worse. You want that to happen?!

We need changes at UW and we need it NOW!!!!! Otherwise....things WILL get much worse!!!!
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
DocHolliday
Cowpoke

YankPoke wrote:I never said I stand by the administration at all, I am just simply stating you should be rooting for Wyoming to win every game and get to bowl games, not hoping they will lose. I am with everyone else on this board, I hate losing more than probably anything in the world, and I want Burman and DC fired immediately. I just find it disgusting that people want us to lose games instead of always cheering for Wyoming to win.
I'm done with this thread.

The stupidity of the responses lacks sound reasoning worthy of my continued inclusion.

Good night.
DocHolliday
Cowpoke

Wyokie wrote:
What Doc is saying is this....we need to lose and lose badly to force a lot of changes to happen. Otherwise, 2014 will be a repeat, only worse, of this year. Because if we go bowling...Stenberg can't fire Burman plus CDC will stay another year to where Brett Smith just might get worse. You want that to happen?!

We need changes at UW and we need it NOW!!!!! Otherwise....things WILL get much worse!!!!
An intelligent man.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Lots of arguing, all for not.......no reason to expect Wyoming to go to a bowl at this point. Boise and Utah St. games could get nasty. Pokes would have to pull off a BIG upset to go to a bowl game.
YankPoke
Cowpoke

DocHolliday wrote:
I'm done with this thread.

The stupidity of the responses lacks sound reasoning worthy of my continued inclusion.

Good night.
I didn't know cheering for your team to win was stupidity. I don't care if you hate DC or Burman, or both, but you should never be not rooting for Wyoming to win. We all want DC and Burman fired, but I won't root against my team to see that happen.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 31 times

You guys should read Death to the BCS by Dan Wetzel. Great book that pretty much shines a huge light on how awful bowls are.
ImageImageImageImage
YankPoke
Cowpoke

MrTitleist wrote:You guys should read Death to the BCS by Dan Wetzel. Great book that pretty much shines a huge light on how awful bowls are.
No argument here, bowl games are a joke and there are way too many of them. You should at least have to be 7-5 minimum to make a bowl not this 6-6 bull. There should be a 16 team playoff exactly like FCS and get rid of bowls entirely.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

DocHolliday wrote:
Wyokie wrote:

An intelligent man.
Thank you, sir!
BackHarlowRoad
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 4 times

Yes, losing would bring about change more quickly. I completely see the reasoning behind that logic.

But to cheer for your team to lose? No. Give up on the seniors that gave us 4-5 years of their life so that we, as fans, get what we want? No.

I'm not that selfish. Yank's not that selfish. We sure as poop aren't stupid for not wanting to lose ON PURPOSE.
YankPoke
Cowpoke

BackHarlowRoad wrote:Yes, losing would bring about change more quickly. I completely see the reasoning behind that logic.

But to cheer for your team to lose? No. Give up on the seniors that gave us 4-5 years of their life so that we, as fans, get what we want? No.

I'm not that selfish. Yank's not that selfish. We sure as poop aren't stupid for not wanting to lose ON PURPOSE.
Thank you +1000