I am still sticking with Tedford....not Bohl.

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
PotatoCreekPete
Cowpoke

from Vorel's tweet, up until acouple of days ago per Bellotti, Tedford was "very interested" in the Wyoming job and per Bellotti again only got back from Hawaii yesterday. On the flip side, Craig Bohl said that he WASN'T interested in the Wyoming job at the beginning and signed an 8 year extension at the beginning of the 2013 season with N.D. St..

So if you have Tedford that is "very interested" acouple of days ago, and Bohl who has never said that he was interested, and in addition said that he wasn't interested in the Wyoming job.....which one do you think is more likely to be at the press conference tomorrow?

My money is still on Jeff Tedford as Wyoming's new coach.....I sure do hope so....I think he would do a great job!
DocHolliday
Cowpoke

PotatoCreekPete wrote:from Vorel's tweet, up until acouple of days ago per Bellotti, Tedford was "very interested" in the Wyoming job and per Bellotti again only got back from Hawaii yesterday. On the flip side, Craig Bohl said that he WASN'T interested in the Wyoming job at the beginning and signed an 8 year extension at the beginning of the 2013 season with N.D. St..

So if you have Tedford that is "very interested" acouple of days ago, and Bohl who has never said that he was interested, and in addition said that he wasn't interested in the Wyoming job.....which one do you think is more likely to be at the press conference tomorrow?

My money is still on Jeff Tedford as Wyoming's new coach.....I sure do hope so....I think he would do a great job!
The vision is 'toughness'

This is the non-negotiable prerequisite that Burman will be demanding from his new coach and his staff.

Does Tedford embody a previous established track record for such a vision?

I say no -- but we'll see.
Dutchnation
Ranch Hand

Honestly it would not be hard to get Bohl interested. He probably had no clue what out facilities are like and if Butman dropped a 1.7 mil/yr bomb on him he might have been persuaded. But I agree with you. I think it's teddy.
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

The vision is 'toughness'
Burman's version is mediocrity. He is a part of the good enough culture. Hope he can find a high quality coach.
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

Doc I kind of thought the same thing till I saw his story.
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.
DocHolliday
Cowpoke

LasCrucesPoke wrote:Doc I kind of thought the same thing till I saw his story.
His story?

Pass it along, please.

Thanks man...
PokePride.com
Cowpoke

I posted it on twitter so I will also post it here, what I heard last night was it will be Tedford.
HR_Poke
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

PokePride.com wrote:I posted it on twitter so I will also post it here, what I heard last night was it will be Tedford.
Were you able to confirm?
Pokes Forever
Ranch Hand

I hope that is indeed the case.....some great resume's are being tossed around but Tedford has proven he can get it done against top competition.....MWC champs in 2015!
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Pokes Forever wrote:I hope that is indeed the case.....some great resume's are being tossed around but Tedford has proven he can get it done against top competition.....MWC champs in 2015!
2014!!!!
A real coach like Tedford will show why Brett Smith is the greatest Wyo QB ever and why he will be drafted in the Top 3 rounds.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
Pokes Forever
Ranch Hand

BeaverPoke wrote:
Pokes Forever wrote:I hope that is indeed the case.....some great resume's are being tossed around but Tedford has proven he can get it done against top competition.....MWC champs in 2015!
2014!!!!
A real coach like Tedford will show why Brett Smith is the greatest Wyo QB ever and why he will be drafted in the Top 3 rounds.
I could live with 14 but am giving him a year to beef up the other side of the ball.....just hope it is Tedford!
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

A friend from Cali says the papers there are saying he accepted a new job...now does that mean us?
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

DocHolliday wrote:
His story?

Pass it along, please.

Thanks man...
It was posted a few days ago. it was featured on ESPN's gameday in 03 believe. Much abridged version: father was an alcoholic, mother wasnt around. He essentially grew up homelesss and when he was in high school lived in a warehouse his brother worked a. Sounds like a tough Son' Bitch. Not the type of story I was expecting for an eventual Berkely man.
Last edited by PokeOLoco on Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.
DocHolliday
Cowpoke

LasCrucesPoke wrote:
DocHolliday wrote:
His story?

Pass it along, please.

Thanks man...
It was posted a few days ago. it was featured on ESPN's gameday in 03 believe. Much abridged version: essentially grew up homelesss and when he was in high school lived in a warehouse his brother worked it. Sounds like a tough Son' Bitch. Not the type of story I was expecting for an eventual Berkely man.
A homeless guy?

I can relate, I said, I can relate.

Bring that son bitch to Laramie.

If not JT then give me Dino.
Cowduck
Cowpoke

Tedford absolutely would have been Bellotti's successor at Oregon had he been willing to wait it out. Warrants mentioning.
DocHolliday
Cowpoke

Cowduck wrote:Tedford absolutely would have been Bellotti's successor at Oregon had he been willing to wait it out. Warrants mentioning.
After USC fired Kiffin they turned to Tedford but Tedford said no.

So, no to Troy, but yes to Laramie.

I can grow to like such a man.
PokePride.com
Cowpoke

HR_Poke wrote:
PokePride.com wrote:I posted it on twitter so I will also post it here, what I heard last night was it will be Tedford.
I got the info on a good lead but was never able to get a solid confirmation, believe me I am still trying.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

The fact he turned Cal into a very good program from where they were is amazing, and shows how hard he works. When he showed up at Cal with the recruits they had, and the facilities they had, mixed in with the Berkley crowd as fans, that would have been the PERFECT place to strive for mediocrity.
But he didn't. He turned them into a contender.

I want this coach in Laramie, NOW.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
HR_Poke
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

PokePride.com wrote:
HR_Poke wrote:
I got the info on a good lead but was never able to get a solid confirmation, believe me I am still trying.
Ringolsby said Berman never left Laramie
The Virginian
Cowpoke

Here's a story from October where Tedford turns down a consultant job with USC because he wants to be open for a head coaching job. Tedford turns down USC
This post submitted anonymously by Jeff Fry aka DCPoke