Not a HR, not even a GRD. A base hit though...

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

Find me a MWC team with a 7-3 record in their last ten games against FBS opponents, with four of those wins coming against BCS conference teams almost exclusively on the road: there isn't one.
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

Cowboy Junky wrote:Find me a MWC team with a 7-3 record in their last ten games against FBS opponents, with four of those wins coming against BCS conference teams almost exclusively on the road: there isn't one.
All but one left. bWHYu, TCU, Utah...and then you have Boise State.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

McPeachy wrote:
Cowboy Junky wrote:Find me a MWC team with a 7-3 record in their last ten games against FBS opponents, with four of those wins coming against BCS conference teams almost exclusively on the road: there isn't one.
None of the BYU, Utah, TCU, or Boise quartet played that well against BCS teams on the road. Yes it was Minnesota, Kansas, and Kansas State but Kansas State was the returning Big 12 champion.

National Champions 1943.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

I do.
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

Bohl talks a good talk and that has me excited. In what I've briefly heard him say, he respects offense and isn't sold on running a certain scheme - he'll run multiples (whatever it takes to mix it up or get the job done), he knows he can't achieve great things without great defense - "stop the run and make them pass quickly, we are coming after the quarterback". He respects his special teams as well.

I think its an upgrade to focus on the 3 sides of the ball vs just 1.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

Cowboy Junky wrote:
McPeachy wrote:
None of the BYU, Utah, TCU, or Boise quartet played that well against BCS teams on the road. Yes it was Minnesota, Kansas, and Kansas State but Kansas State was the returning Big 12 champion.
poop. Take the time and look back if you think that. Hell just google 2011 Boise State - and you can see they went 2 & 1 against BCS competition, both wins were away or neutral site games. And they played a much tougher overall schedule as well - which is largely important.
Dear Karma,

Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

I'm just glad I never have to read the following quote again, "Time of possession is the most over-rated statistic in football." There's nothing like reading that quote and then watching 5 straight games where your defense is on the field two thirds of the game, giving up 50 points a game and your offense is scoring 7 or 10 points.

National Champions 1943.

I do.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

McPeachy wrote:
Cowboy Junky wrote:
McPeachy wrote:
poop. Take the time and look back if you think that. Hell just google 2011 Boise State - and you can see they went 2 & 1 against BCS competition, both wins were away or neutral site games. And they played a much tougher overall schedule as well - which is largely important.
I'm not talking about 2011 Boise, I'm talking about every team in the MWC NOW and since you brought up TCU, BYU, and Utah we might as well throw them in. None of them, including MWC teams are 4-1 against BCS conference teams(2-1 vs Minnesota, 1-0 vs Kansas, and 1-0 vs Kansas State) in their last five games.
Last edited by Cowboy Junky on Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.

National Champions 1943.

I do.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

Cowboy Junky wrote:I'm just glad I never have to read the following quote again, "Time of possession is the most over-rated statistic in football." There's nothing like reading that quote and then watching 5 straight games where your defense is on the field two thirds of the game, giving up 50 points a game and your offense is scoring 7 or 10 points.
That, I totally, and completely agree with you on. Always have thought that (although many crucified me here for saying it). Gotta have a solid defense, and score some points to run the hurry up cluster f-word!!
Dear Karma,

kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

Cowboy Junky wrote:
McPeachy wrote:
Cowboy Junky wrote:
McPeachy wrote:
I'm not talking about 2011 Boise, I'm talking about every team in the MWC NOW and since you brought up TCU, BYU, and Utah we might as well throw them in. None of them, including MWC teams are 4-1 against BCS conference teams(2-1 vs Minnesota, 1-0 vs Kansas, and 1-0 vs Kansas State) in their last five games.
Bottom Dweller Minnesota 2/3 of those years. The other third to an avg Minn team at best and NDSU lost. KU straight sucks! The Bottom Dweller of the Big 12. K-St, "Returning champs"??? Only the name returned. This team lost ALL of its leadership and most playmakers from that Champion team. NDSU came in and barely got a 7-5 team, who at the time had absolutely no identity!!! They were so freaking used to Klien this and Klien that, that they played lost. And it showed all year long.
So yep, 7-3 and they had ONE great win against 7-5 K-st team.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

kansasCowboy wrote:
Cowboy Junky wrote:
McPeachy wrote:
Cowboy Junky wrote:
McPeachy wrote:
Bottom Dweller Minnesota 2/3 of those years. The other third to an avg Minn team at best and NDSU lost. KU straight sucks! The Bottom Dweller of the Big 12. K-St, "Returning champs"??? Only the name returned. This team lost ALL of its leadership and most playmakers from that Champion team. NDSU came in and barely got a 7-5 team, who at the time had absolutely no identity!!! They were so freaking used to Klien this and Klien that, that they played lost. And it showed all year long.
Still, who gives a poop? Wyoming fans acted like we were the second coming of Christ when we beat Ol Miss, UCLA, and a garbage Tennessee team.

7-3, all on the road is impressive. It's really impressive when you're doing it with 40 less scholarships.

I don't care if he beat bottom dwellars Minnesota and Kansas. That's good scheduling.

Statistics are what you want them to be, but you can't change the FACT that Craig Bohl, with a FCS team, has a better record against BCS teams in their last five games then any of the MWC teams including TCU, BYU, and Utah.

National Champions 1943.

I do.
cowboyz
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

kansasCowboy wrote:
Cowboy Junky wrote:
McPeachy wrote:
Cowboy Junky wrote:
McPeachy wrote:
You do realize that he is beating these FBS teams with an FCS team, right? A DC lead team didn't have 7 FBS wins in any of his 5 years here. This guy did it in 10 games with a team that has a much lower budget, less scholar-shipped players, etc. ND wasn't looking for the bottom feeder teams from the bottom feeder conferences (FIU, New Mexico, etc.) to build a resume, they were generally playing teams from decent to top conferences.

Only time will tell, but from where I sit, this is a huge upgrade.

I am so pumped for this to get started!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

Cowboy Junky wrote:Still, who gives a poop? Wyoming fans acted like we were the second coming of Christ when we beat Ol Miss, UCLA, and a garbage Tennessee team.

7-3, all on the road is impressive. It's really impressive when you're doing it with 40 less scholarships.

I don't care if he beat bottom dwellars Minnesota and Kansas. That's good scheduling.

Statistics are what you want them to be, but you can't change the FACT that Craig Bohl, with a FCS team, has a better record against BCS teams in their last five games then any of the MWC teams including TCU, BYU, and Utah.
HF. I didn't know FCS teams only have 45 scholarships?! Now I am really impressed. Because I guess you can actually play more than 11 at a time?

It is almost as if you are arguing with yourself - with the whole "statistics are what you want" backed up by "Craig Bohl, with a FCS team, has a better record" poop. Who gives a poop, right? They played garbage, and won, 70% of the time. Holy poop, he IS THE NEXT Urban Meyer! :rofl:
Dear Karma,

kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

McPeachy wrote:
Cowboy Junky wrote:Still, who gives a poop? Wyoming fans acted like we were the second coming of Christ when we beat Ol Miss, UCLA, and a garbage Tennessee team.

HF. I didn't know FCS teams only have 45 scholarships?! Now I am really impressed. Because I guess you can actually play more than 11 at a time?

It is almost as if you are arguing with yourself - with the whole "statistics are what you want" backed up by "Craig Bohl, with a FCS team, has a better record" poop. Who gives a poop, right? They played garbage, and won, 70% of the time. Holy poop, he IS THE NEXT Urban Meyer! :rofl:
Wow! I'm actually on the same side of an arguement with McPeach... It's a bit surreal.
knapplc
Buckaroo

I'm surprised at the lack of excitement for Craig Bohl here. There were a few Nebraska fans hoping we'd can Pelini and bring Bohl to Lincoln. He's proven himself at the FCS level and then some.

Here's what I'm hoping. Bohl comes in to Wyoming and gets his feet wet at the FBS level. He brings you guys up to a pretty decent level of respectability, gets his experience and in the next three to five years when Pelini either crashes and burns or moves on, Nebraska brings Bohl back home and we start up another championship era, just like when Devaney came over.
zappinpoke
Cowpoke

McPeachy wrote:

FBS schools can give up to 85 scholarships
FCS up to 63
Div.II up to 46 and can split these and give partial scholarships. A lot harder to get a full ride at this level