It's hard not to be bullish on the future of Cowboy football.

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 45 times

can't take a step back, as we've seen with our Pokes b4, CANNOT, that'll truly be unacceptable. As my fuse has been lit again with this past win, unexpectedly, win this one makes my trip to Reno all that much sweeter on Oct. 22. GET ER DONE!!!
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

stymeman wrote:can't take a step back, as we've seen with our Pokes b4, CANNOT, that'll truly be unacceptable. As my fuse has been lit again with this past win, unexpectedly, win this one makes my trip to Reno all that much sweeter on Oct. 22. GET ER DONE!!!
We can't take steps back, but there will be more ups and downs this year.......but, more ups than downs.

Go Pokes!!
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

JimmyDimes wrote:
stymeman wrote:can't take a step back, as we've seen with our Pokes b4, CANNOT, that'll truly be unacceptable. As my fuse has been lit again with this past win, unexpectedly, win this one makes my trip to Reno all that much sweeter on Oct. 22. GET ER DONE!!!
We can't take steps back, but there will be more ups and downs this year.......but, more ups than downs.

Go Pokes!!
Yep. Our fan base is just poop full of bad losses. I don't know if we can take another one.

We're already a win above last years win total. If we can get to 6 and a bowl game, I think the majority of our fan base will be happy with the progress. We'll see how many more wins we can get this year.
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

I'm ok with ups and downs as long as they are mistakes made that can be addressed etc....being flat against AFA after such a win on Saturday, or just thinking we can show up on Saturday, not acceptable, I truly don't care about any bowl game(kinda, not yet) play the kinda ball we know we can play each and every game, show me Wyoming Cowboy Football, that's all I'm asking for!!!!! our schedule gets tougher from here, 2 at home upcoming after this one for sure, but laying any eggs in Nevada or at UNLV will be steps back as well. So truthfully take em a game at a time and show me what you showed me this past Saturday, then I'm happy(ier)....don't fall back to that predictable pattern I've become accustomed to the past few years. I don't think I'm really asking for too much, I'm getting too old to feel lousy on Sundays anymore and plus my Ariz Cardinals are sucking up the the joint....lol... you all get my drift
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

stymeman wrote:I'm ok with ups and downs as long as they are mistakes made that can be addressed etc....being flat against AFA after such a win on Saturday, or just thinking we can show up on Saturday, not acceptable, I truly don't care about any bowl game(kinda, not yet) play the kinda ball we know we can play each and every game, show me Wyoming Cowboy Football, that's all I'm asking for!!!!! our schedule gets tougher from here, 2 at home upcoming after this one for sure, but laying any eggs in Nevada or at UNLV will be steps back as well. So truthfully take em a game at a time and show me what you showed me this past Saturday, then I'm happy(ier)....don't fall back to that predictable pattern I've become accustomed to the past few years. I don't think I'm really asking for too much, I'm getting too old to feel lousy on Sundays anymore and plus my Ariz Cardinals are sucking up the the joint....lol... you all get my drift
The wifey and my little brother we're both about ready to turn in their Wyoming football fan cards after the EMU loss. We had the game won and then let it slip through our fingers.

When Wyoming went down 14-3 to CSU, the wife was over football(I blame the Buccaneers for hanging a bunch of losses on her on Sunday). I had to tell her that it wasn't over yet, although inside I felt like it was actually over.

Wyoming fans, as a whole, can't take many more poop football seasons. We need a winner in a bad way. Lifelong Wyoming fans are about ready to jump ship.

I sure hope this progress we're making is real. It looks like it, but I've been fooled before.

Wyoming needs a winning football team and I really believe Bohl will get it done.
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

Agreed Junky, Agreed, live it breathe it love it, but after that EMU loss myself I was questioning it myself, sorry if this offends anyone, but it hard to like losers year in a year out, I'll never jump off the ship totally but may not go to a game etc...not follow as closely. Just give me something to feel good about and boy being at an Oktoberfest tent in Sidney, Nebraska after their win, having being one of a few Cowboy fans in attendance, when they let me turn on the TV and watch the Pokes beeet the sheep, and their fans coming over saying congrats etc....that's it, that's what I want recognition of some kind, as my team may never be on a Nebraska level, but as I said my fuse is relit, just don't rain on it Pokes. LOL
cowboyz backer
Buckaroo

Cowboy Junky wrote:
cowboyz backer wrote:
Cowboy Junky wrote:I was going to discuss how much I like the start of conference coming up. With EMU, CSU, AFA(I love how we match up with Air Force when we have a great safety), a BYE week, and then Nevada.....6-1 is not impossible. One game at a time though. We must beat EMU.

The jury is still out on this season. We'll know more after tomorrow night. Can we win on the road against inferior competition?

What I will discuss instead is the 2 deep of Wyoming football. Right now Wyoming has the following amount of players in the 2 deep(either starters or back-ups).

10 seniors(5 of them start), 9 juniors(5 of them start), 16 sophomores(8 sophomore starters), 9 freshmen(3 freshmen starters). We have more under-classmen starting than we do upper-classmen and 25 of them in the 2 deep compared to 19 upper-classmen in the 2 deep. That doesn't even include the kicker, who's a freshman. This team is very young.

I know the first two years of the Bohl regime have left many people doubting his ability to turn it around. Remember, he's done this after DC brought our program to a whole new level of small, weak, and slow. He's done this with three recruiting classes(one of them put together in 2 weeks). We'll see what he can do when using the HAPC as a recruiting tool?

It's still too early to tell, but it sure looks like Wyoming football is returning to a time when 8-4 happens more than once every 16 years.

Beat EMU. Go Pokes!!

It ain't hard tonight.
It's amazing how much difference a week makes.

We're not world beaters yet.

There's definitely signs of progress.

1. Got the boot back
2. Snapped the road losing streak.
3. Already won one more game than last year at week 5.
4. EMU is 4-1

I'm still bullish on the future of Poke football.

Here's an article by everyone's favorite Poke fan that does a good job of putting it into perspective.

http://pokesradio.com/
1) Great to have the boot back after being waxed 3 years in a row.
2) Winning on the road is hard *
3) Arleady won more games than last year

All signs of good progress.

Just don't use Eastern Michigan's record as a sign of progress. I don't care if Eastern Michigan ends up making it to the college football playoff. That was a BAD, BAD loss (even though it was on the road *). No one should ever lose after scoring 2 defensive touchdowns. We still gave up 500 yards of total offense and couldn't get "3rd down conversion" on offense or defense that game.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 126 times

cowboyz backer wrote:
Cowboy Junky wrote:
cowboyz backer wrote:
Cowboy Junky wrote:I was going to discuss how much I like the start of conference coming up. With EMU, CSU, AFA(I love how we match up with Air Force when we have a great safety), a BYE week, and then Nevada.....6-1 is not impossible. One game at a time though. We must beat EMU.

The jury is still out on this season. We'll know more after tomorrow night. Can we win on the road against inferior competition?

What I will discuss instead is the 2 deep of Wyoming football. Right now Wyoming has the following amount of players in the 2 deep(either starters or back-ups).

10 seniors(5 of them start), 9 juniors(5 of them start), 16 sophomores(8 sophomore starters), 9 freshmen(3 freshmen starters). We have more under-classmen starting than we do upper-classmen and 25 of them in the 2 deep compared to 19 upper-classmen in the 2 deep. That doesn't even include the kicker, who's a freshman. This team is very young.

I know the first two years of the Bohl regime have left many people doubting his ability to turn it around. Remember, he's done this after DC brought our program to a whole new level of small, weak, and slow. He's done this with three recruiting classes(one of them put together in 2 weeks). We'll see what he can do when using the HAPC as a recruiting tool?

It's still too early to tell, but it sure looks like Wyoming football is returning to a time when 8-4 happens more than once every 16 years.

Beat EMU. Go Pokes!!

It ain't hard tonight.
It's amazing how much difference a week makes.

We're not world beaters yet.

There's definitely signs of progress.

1. Got the boot back
2. Snapped the road losing streak.
3. Already won one more game than last year at week 5.
4. EMU is 4-1

I'm still bullish on the future of Poke football.

Here's an article by everyone's favorite Poke fan that does a good job of putting it into perspective.

http://pokesradio.com/
1) Great to have the boot back after being waxed 3 years in a row.
2) Winning on the road is hard *
3) Arleady won more games than last year

All signs of good progress.

Just don't use Eastern Michigan's record as a sign of progress. I don't care if Eastern Michigan ends up making it to the college football playoff. That was a BAD, BAD loss (even though it was on the road *). No one should ever lose after scoring 2 defensive touchdowns. We still gave up 500 yards of total offense and couldn't get "3rd down conversion" on offense or defense that game.
^^^ To this I agree ^^^
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Being a Wyoming fan brings with it such a rollercoaster of emotions!!! From the highs of bringing home the boot to the lows of EMU to now this. Wow!
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

Emu was a bad loss based on reputation but they are a team on the rise in the mac. They are one win shy of being bowl eligible as well.

I think that we are seeing a team that has improved drastically since that game though and that's all I can ask for cowboys football.

It's ok to fall down but you have to get up after falling. Last season I felt like there was a lot of give up in this team but they are much stronger mentally as well as physically this season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!