Brett Declares!

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Gunshow03
Buckaroo

PotatoCreekPete wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:
SDPokeFan wrote:Let's just call a spade a spade. He saw DC leave and realized he wouldn't be able to put up video game numbers so he quit. He was more interested in his numbers than winning, clearly. I say good riddance. He is delusion if he thinks he has a future I'm the NFL. He's about the third best quarterback in the MWC, much less the country.
Go somewhere else, you aren't even a f-word Wyo fan.
I agree with BeaverPoke, go somewhere else because your ignorance is stinking up the site. In Vorel's blog Brett said that the coaching change had NOTHING whatsoever to do with his decision to go to the NFL. Secondly, I do think that Brett has a very decent shot at having a good NFL career, it mainly depends upon who drafts him and what type of situation he is thrown into, i.e. - meaning is there a good training situation, and is there a decent offensive line so he doesn't get beat up, etc., etc. If he wasn't NFL material they would have told him by now, and considering that he has been working with Drew Brees, Garcia and Peyton Manning I think that he has some really good connections and teachers so far, so your ignorance is astounding. I wish Brett all the best and he will always be a great Cowboy and I hope that his NFL career turns out to be a great one as well.
+1
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

PotatoCreekPete wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:
SDPokeFan wrote:Let's just call a spade a spade. He saw DC leave and realized he wouldn't be able to put up video game numbers so he quit. He was more interested in his numbers than winning, clearly. I say good riddance. He is delusion if he thinks he has a future I'm the NFL. He's about the third best quarterback in the MWC, much less the country.
I agree with BeaverPoke, go somewhere else because your ignorance is stinking up the site. In Vorel's blog Brett said that the coaching change had NOTHING whatsoever to do with his decision to go to the NFL. Secondly, I do think that Brett has a very decent shot at having a good NFL career, it mainly depends upon who drafts him and what type of situation he is thrown into, i.e. - meaning is there a good training situation, and is there a decent offensive line so he doesn't get beat up, etc., etc. If he wasn't NFL material they would have told him by now, and considering that he has been working with Drew Brees, Garcia and Peyton Manning I think that he has some really good connections and teachers so far, so your ignorance is astounding. I wish Brett all the best and he will always be a great Cowboy and I hope that his NFL career turns out to be a great one as well.[/quot

So you think he would admit he is leaving because he won't be able to pad his stats? And before you anoint him to the hall of fame because people have told him he would get drafted high, they have said the same thing about Ryan Leaf, JaMarcus Russell, Todd Blackledge, Jeff George, Blaine Gabbedt, Jeff George, etc.
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

SDPokeFan wrote:
PotatoCreekPete wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:
I agree with BeaverPoke, go somewhere else because your ignorance is stinking up the site. In Vorel's blog Brett said that the coaching change had NOTHING whatsoever to do with his decision to go to the NFL. Secondly, I do think that Brett has a very decent shot at having a good NFL career, it mainly depends upon who drafts him and what type of situation he is thrown into, i.e. - meaning is there a good training situation, and is there a decent offensive line so he doesn't get beat up, etc., etc. If he wasn't NFL material they would have told him by now, and considering that he has been working with Drew Brees, Garcia and Peyton Manning I think that he has some really good connections and teachers so far, so your ignorance is astounding. I wish Brett all the best and he will always be a great Cowboy and I hope that his NFL career turns out to be a great one as well.[/quot

So you think he would admit he is leaving because he won't be able to pad his stats? And before you anoint him to the hall of fame because people have told him he would get drafted high, they have said the same thing about Ryan Leaf, JaMarcus Russell, Todd Blackledge, Jeff George, Blaine Gabbedt, Jeff George, etc.
...Most of them DID get drafted high, too...and were given a shot with a pro line and defense, as Brett will
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict

He didn't do anything against a good defense all season.
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

And was running for his life against every decent defense, more than I've ever seen a pro have to run for his
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

SDPokeFan wrote:He didn't do anything against a good defense all season.
Name me a good performance from a Wyoming QB against a Top 25-50-caliber defense (or, "good" defense). We're going back a ways....
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

J-Rod wrote:
Name me a good performance from a Wyoming QB against a Top 25-50-caliber defense (or, "good" defense). We're going back a ways....
Bramlet? maybe?
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

Not surprised by this move. I hope he gets drafted by a team where he has a chance to succeed. I'll be watching his pro career very closely . If I had a chance to play amateur status or leave and make millions in the nfl it's a no brainier. Nothing but love for Brett smith
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

pokefanchaz7 wrote:Not surprised by this move. I hope he gets drafted by a team where he has a chance to succeed. I'll be watching his pro career very closely . If I had a chance to play amateur status or leave and make millions in the nfl it's a no brainier. Nothing but love for Brett smith
+1
PotatoCreekPete
Cowpoke

You are just an idiot......the LAST thing that Brett Smith was worried about was "padding" his stats....just a statement like that shows you know absolutely nothing about him or his character. I have no doubt that you don't have the guts to dare say that to his face....and that is all that people on here need to know about you and your LACK of character!

Frankly speaking, Brett Smith will be may more a Cowboy and a Cowboy fan his whole life way more than your pathetic attempt to come on here for this short time period and dirty his name!
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict

PotatoCreekPete wrote:
You are just an idiot......the LAST thing that Brett Smith was worried about was "padding" his stats....just a statement like that shows you know absolutely nothing about him or his character. I have no doubt that you don't have the guts to dare say that to his face....and that is all that people on here need to know about you and your LACK of character!

Frankly speaking, Brett Smith will be may more a Cowboy and a Cowboy fan his whole life way more than your pathetic attempt to come on here for this short time period and dirty his name!
Arrange for me to fly to him or him to me and I will say it to his face.
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict

pokefanchaz7 wrote:Not surprised by this move. I hope he gets drafted by a team where he has a chance to succeed. I'll be watching his pro career very closely . If I had a chance to play amateur status or leave and make millions in the nfl it's a no brainier. Nothing but love for Brett smith
He's not going to make millions. In drafted free agents don't make millions.
dapokes
Ranch Hand

SDpokefan

Shut the f-word up. Brett Smith is the best QB you will ever witness playing at University of Wyoming. Go be a Vanderbilt fan and get that garbage off here.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

Some of you Wyoming fans sicken me. Quitter? You call Brett Smith an idiot for leaving. You should be ashamed of yourselves. Brett made a grown up decision and the right one. You guys are acting like children because our qb, under advice of NFL scouts decided to pursue his dream(with a history of concussions).

Congrats Brett! You'll always be a Cowboy. Give em hell in the NFL.
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict

dapokes wrote:SDpokefan

Shut the f-word up. Brett Smith is the best QB you will ever witness playing at University of Wyoming. Go be a Vanderbilt fan and get that garbage off here.
False. Walwork was much better. Stats aren't everything. Walwork won.
Cowduck
Cowpoke

Troll hard, SDPokeFan. Troll hard.
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

dapokes wrote:SDpokefan

Shut the f-word up. Brett Smith is the best QB you will ever witness playing at University of Wyoming. Go be a CSU fan and get that garbage off here.
FIFY
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict

Cowboy Junky wrote:Some of you Wyoming fans sicken me. Quitter? You call Brett Smith an idiot for leaving. You should be ashamed of yourselves. Brett made a grown up decision and the right one. You guys are acting like children because our qb, under advice of NFL scouts decided to pursue his dream(with a history of concussions).

Congrats Brett! You'll always be a Cowboy. Give em hell in the NFL.
It wasn't NFL scouts it was knowing he wouldn't put up gaudy numbers under an offense that isn't some gimmicky arena league garbage.
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict

Cowduck wrote:Troll hard, SDPokeFan. Troll hard.
Sigh. If it's a differing opinion it's trolling. I forgot.
PotatoCreekPete
Cowpoke

SDPokeFan wrote:
PotatoCreekPete wrote:

Arrange for me to fly to him or him to me and I will say it to his face.
You are a gutless piece of trash....you expect me to pay the way for you to get your face smashed in? You know very well you don't have the guts to say it to his face and yet you expect someone else to make the arrangement? You can very easily go to Salem, Oregon and see the Smith family.....but you are a gutless wonder and don't have the guts to do it....frankly it would almost be worth the money to see you get your face pounded in.....
Last edited by PotatoCreekPete on Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.