Career rushing leaderboard tracker

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 45 times

the yards this weekend and the bowl game count right?????? it's going to take a special runner at UW b4 we see this for many years to come, hope i'll still be alive for that...lol

and I truly think he stays next year, that's just me.....
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

stymeman wrote:the yards this weekend and the bowl game count right??????
Yes. According to the UW football media guide, bowl games ARE counted in program records (but they aren't included in NCAA records)
stymeman wrote:it's going to take a special runner at UW b4 we see this for many years to come, hope i'll still be alive for that...lol
Call me crazy, but I'm not sure that's the case. Now, maybe no one passes 4,000, but I think we'll see more careers hit 2,500+ as long as Bohl is in town.

Looking back at his NDSU tenure, Bohl coached four of the top eight rushers in program history (including three of the top four) and seven of the top ten single season rushing totals came under Bohl. This won't be a one-player fluke.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 45 times

so Ron Dayne's career record is only regular season not bowl game numbers, wow, that's a record
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

stymeman wrote:so Ron Dayne's career record is only regular season not bowl game numbers, wow, that's a record
Yes. NCAA record books have him down for 6,397 yards, but he actually ran for 7,125 in his career. That includes two 2,000-yard seasons.
gopokes1399
Blog Team

joshvanklomp wrote:
stymeman wrote:so Ron Dayne's career record is only regular season not bowl game numbers, wow, that's a record
Yes. NCAA record books have him down for 6,397 yards, but he actually ran for 7,125 in his career. That includes two 2,000-yard seasons.
Now that they allow bowl games etc. to count why cant they go back and add on to Ron Dayne's record
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

joshvanklomp wrote: Yes. According to the UW football media guide, bowl games ARE counted in program records (but they aren't included in NCAA records)
Bowl game stats DO count towards NCAA records, one reason why Pumphrey has a shot at breaking Dayne's career yardage record. If bowl games didn't count he wouldn't have a shot. This changed in 2002, not sure why they can't go back and change those after the fact.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

WestWYOPoke wrote:
joshvanklomp wrote: Yes. According to the UW football media guide, bowl games ARE counted in program records (but they aren't included in NCAA records)
Bowl game stats DO count towards NCAA records, one reason why Pumphrey has a shot at breaking Dayne's career yardage record. If bowl games didn't count he wouldn't have a shot. This changed in 2002, not sure why they can't go back and change those after the fact.
Someone should let the University of Wyoming know that then. Per the football media guide:

The NCAA only recognizes regular-season totals, which are reflected here. School records throughout the rest of this section include bowl-game statistics.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Just dawned on me that I hadn't updated this in a while. If this really is the end for Hill, what a ride! And not too shabby for Wick either....

2016 Final
1. Brian Hill (2014-16) 4,287
2. Devin Moore (2005-08) 2,963
3. Ryan Christopherson (1991-94) 2,906
4. Wynel Seldon (2005-08) 2,672
5. Marques Brigham (1995-98) 2,605
6. Shaun Wick (2012-16) 2,537
7. Gerald Abraham (1984-87) 2,278