Utah state

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

Man, my ancient ticker can't take many more of these. Another fantastic win! Keep it going, Pokes!
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
MN_Poke
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 24 times

laxwyo wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:14 am
MN_Poke wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:04 pm Lousy refs Td him up 2x four min into game after he cussed em out for two crap fouls on Ike in 15 seconds. One T I get. You don’t run a coach in a hot game like this when you are sucking as a ref
I’m going to disagree with this assessment. Both were fouls with the first being fairly weak call. Ike turned and it really looked like he elbowed him on purpose. It wasn’t that bad for an offensive foul. Then Ike came down and lowered his shoulder into a guy. In my opinion, neither were that bad but I wouldn’t call them sh#t[#] calls. There were plenty of those to follow lol. My biggest gripe was the second and 3rd guy on Ike were raking his arms when he went up and when Ike would make his spin move, they were body fouling him in the air. We did have quite the foul advantage in the second half so maybe linders freak out bought us second half calls. The no call on the over and back was unacceptable. I think we got away with a lot too

I think Linder was correct to chew on the refs. I was totally fine with the first T. Getting the second T was stupid and put us in a big hole. Hell, Ike didn’t even get called for a foul after those first 2 so Linder took a play out of Rices book.

I really thought the crowd came through there at the end to help out that great D. To not even get a shot off is unacceptable.
You're probably right - I had my brown and gold goggles on in full last night. I do think the first foul call was unnecessary but the ref was probably trying to set a tone and not let things get out of hand. The tv feed never showed any of the Linder interaction with the refs so I have no idea how vocal or animated he may have gotten in order to draw the two T's. I do think the ref should have called one and then let things calm down. From Linder's remarks in the press conference he sounded like maybe he pushed it a bit in order to get the ejection and make a statement to the team that he wasn't going to back down defending them. Late in the game that might be a good idea. That early it wasn't his best moment. Aggies turned that into a quick 6 pt run with 3 free throws and a 3. Pokes fought to the end and happy they came out with the W.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 622 times
Been liked: 256 times

seattlecowboy wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:33 pm Kenpom has us up to 34th now.

Utah St is 33rd after their loss to us tonight lol.
Usu moved to 31 we are 34. Laughable. If you lose to a team that is behind you and you move up more than the team you just LOST to then the metric sucks . Like , how does that make any sense at all? Kenpom is garbage. Farcical
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 249 times

LanderPoke wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 7:40 am

Usu moved to 31 we are 34. Laughable. If you lose to a team that is behind you and you move up more than the team you just LOST to then the metric sucks . Like , how does that make any sense at all? Kenpom is garbage. Farcical
I'll take RPI. Wyoming moves up to #10 and Utah State falls to #54.
https://www.cbssports.com/college-baske ... kings/rpi/
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 134 times

Only able to catch a few games this year so can't comment much. However, I will say very fun team to watch.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 322 times
Been liked: 127 times

Worst reffing I have seen this year. They should be held accountable by the MW conference, but that will never happen with Hair in charge.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

LanderPoke wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 7:40 am

I like Kenpom. It is actually one of the best to be honest.

Utah st. Did play a lot better out of conference schedule than Wyoming did and won a couple of good games. That’s the main reason Kenpom and NET and other metrics like them so much.

The ones like BPI and Sagarin aren’t that great. The thing is though, there are like 75 + computer ratings these days and they all have different ratings on each team, so you can’t really say one is better than the other with so many out there.

Half of them will give a prediction that one team will win and the other half predict the opposite team and have the teams rated all over the place.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 151 times
Been liked: 156 times

I was like everyone else and booed but when I saw the replay, I definitely calmed down. Both could have not been called. The second T was called from pretty far away so I’m sure Linder was still jawing. Depending on what he said, he didn’t push it any more than Rice did the other night.
MN_Poke wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 7:17 am
laxwyo wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:14 am
MN_Poke wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:04 pm Lousy refs Td him up 2x four min into game after he cussed em out for two crap fouls on Ike in 15 seconds. One T I get. You don’t run a coach in a hot game like this when you are sucking as a ref
I’m going to disagree with this assessment. Both were fouls with the first being fairly weak call. Ike turned and it really looked like he elbowed him on purpose. It wasn’t that bad for an offensive foul. Then Ike came down and lowered his shoulder into a guy. In my opinion, neither were that bad but I wouldn’t call them sh#t[#] calls. There were plenty of those to follow lol. My biggest gripe was the second and 3rd guy on Ike were raking his arms when he went up and when Ike would make his spin move, they were body fouling him in the air. We did have quite the foul advantage in the second half so maybe linders freak out bought us second half calls. The no call on the over and back was unacceptable. I think we got away with a lot too

I think Linder was correct to chew on the refs. I was totally fine with the first T. Getting the second T was stupid and put us in a big hole. Hell, Ike didn’t even get called for a foul after those first 2 so Linder took a play out of Rices book.

I really thought the crowd came through there at the end to help out that great D. To not even get a shot off is unacceptable.
You're probably right - I had my brown and gold goggles on in full last night. I do think the first foul call was unnecessary but the ref was probably trying to set a tone and not let things get out of hand. The tv feed never showed any of the Linder interaction with the refs so I have no idea how vocal or animated he may have gotten in order to draw the two T's. I do think the ref should have called one and then let things calm down. From Linder's remarks in the press conference he sounded like maybe he pushed it a bit in order to get the ejection and make a statement to the team that he wasn't going to back down defending them. Late in the game that might be a good idea. That early it wasn't his best moment. Aggies turned that into a quick 6 pt run with 3 free throws and a 3. Pokes fought to the end and happy they came out with the W.
W-Y, Until I Die!