Heard Bohl is cleaning house

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

J-Rod wrote: I'm going to derail this thread. North Dakota still has no name after their Sioux issue. They allowed the public to have their say in what the new name should be. The responses were hilarious. This was printed on the university website and all.

http://und.edu/nickname/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Abdominal Snowmen - Because f-word it why not, it's basically the north pole there."
The actual finalists: Fighting Hawks, Sundogs, Roughriders, Nodaks and North Stars.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Since this thread is somewhat UND themed and we open against them

I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
yopaulie
Ranch Hand

To clarify for everyone, this is the Big Sky conference poll. Last year, UND was 5-7 overall, 3-5 in conference. So a below average FCS team.
joshvanklomp wrote:Since this thread is somewhat UND themed and we open against them

ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 134 times

Since we are bumping threads, here is one that foreshadowed the problems of our season. I have no direct evidence, but I think Bohl came in a little rah rah and ran off some of the players. It happens, but it was a choice.

I think the attrition could have been reduced with a different approach, but that is jmo. With that said, I think it impacts this year but should not impact next. I still expect Bohl to succeed within 4 years if he will succeed.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 45 times

Cowboy tough must be tough to come by anymore
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote:Since we are bumping threads, here is one that foreshadowed the problems of our season. I have no direct evidence, but I think Bohl came in a little rah rah and ran off some of the players. It happens, but it was a choice.

I think the attrition could have been reduced with a different approach, but that is jmo. With that said, I think it impacts this year but should not impact next. I still expect Bohl to succeed within 4 years if he will succeed.
If Bohl keeps landing guys like Wingard, I am very hopeful. He is fearless. Perfect example of recruiting the best athlete at schools and plugging them in where they are needed.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

djm19 wrote: If Bohl keeps landing guys like Wingard, I am very hopeful. He is fearless. Perfect example of recruiting the best athlete at schools and plugging them in where they are needed.
He's going to need a lot of them. Really, though, he is going to need his other guys to increase size, strength, and ability drastically over the next few years. A few damn good players in each class will not overcome this huge deficiency we have. We need SUBSTANTIAL improvement from 80% + of each of his classes to even be competitive within the MWC. A few star players won't get this done. With that said, it can happen or maybe it won't. The only thing certain is that there is no certainty at this point.

Nonetheless, these defections are the difference between the debacle this season and say 4ish wins. It was a choice by Bohl to run these guys off, IMO. They already went through a Spring and a season with Bohl; they could hack it.

Was Bohl's choice the right one? We'll see.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
HiCountryCowboy
Ranch Hand

He better start cleaning house and bring in some qualified coordinators regardless of them having been on his staff at some point in the past. Tommy better find him some more money to get them hired. My hunch is that he will make Kaligis (sp.) the sacrificial lamb since he was a holdover from the previous staff and give us some line of poop telling us that constitutes change/improvement.

Since these guys are D1 quality athletes, the staff better find a way to enable them to play that way!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 35 times

Fire Kaligis and you lose your PNW recruiting pipeline.
ImageImageImageImage
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

MrTitleist wrote:Fire Kaligis and you lose your PNW recruiting pipeline.
He's definitely brought in some great guys. He's been flexible and has been a position coach all over the field as well as a decent co-offensive coordinator and assistant HC. Not to mention, he and his family are great people and truly make Laramie a better community. When DC was let go, I was truly hoping Pete would stick around. Our coordinators need a definite improvement, but in my opinion Pete K. is one of the bright spots on our coaching staff. Not saying he needs to be a coordinator or replace Bohl, but I would be pretty bummed to see him go.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 621 times
Been liked: 255 times

cali2wyo wrote:
MrTitleist wrote:Fire Kaligis and you lose your PNW recruiting pipeline.
He's definitely brought in some great guys. He's been flexible and has been a position coach all over the field as well as a decent co-offensive coordinator and assistant HC. Not to mention, he and his family are great people and truly make Laramie a better community. When DC was let go, I was truly hoping Pete would stick around. Our coordinators need a definite improvement, but in my opinion Pete K. is one of the bright spots on our coaching staff. Not saying he needs to be a coordinator or replace Bohl, but I would be pretty bummed to see him go.
Yes. Kaligis needs to stay. This may be unpopular, but I think the whole staff needs more time including Stanard and Vigen.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

LanderPoke wrote: Yes. Kaligis needs to stay. This may be unpopular, but I think the whole staff needs more time including Stanard and Vigen.
Youth, bare cupboard, eating an elephant, whatever you want to say, there were still some symptoms of coaching deficiencies. The main being a complete lack of 1st quarter preparation. We were SMACKED early in almost every game. That, to me, was a sign of lack of preparation which is 100% coaching. We can argue until blue in the face about play calling, personnel, schemes, or whatever, but those may or may not be coaching (confounded with the youth factor).

So, I don't know if it needs addressed by firing someone on the staff or not, but our coaching staff obviously has a learning curve. Since Stanard is a known commodity, I don't know. Entirely up to Bohl, but I don't want to hear a coordinator excuse in a few years. If we aren't at a bowl game by year 4, everyone should be heavily evaluated, including Bohl.

Hopefully (and I think) we are bowl bound and feeling great if not next year then the following making all these discussions irrelevant!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

ImageImageImageImage
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Been liked: 2 times

Keep Kaligis, but Stanard has proven to be a bad DC just about everywhere he's been.
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

Wow....that says it all. He must have compromising photos of Bohl or something.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

fromolwyoming wrote:Keep Kaligis, but Stanard has proven to be a bad DC just about everywhere he's been.
How is this dude still employed?
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Been liked: 2 times

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote:
fromolwyoming wrote:Keep Kaligis, but Stanard has proven to be a bad DC just about everywhere he's been.
How is this dude still employed?
Maybe he's a decent positions coach and lucked into situations like what Bohl did when Bohl came here and his D stayed behind?
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

Okay who runs the wyonationblog twitter account?

Is it you? You must be trying to get him fired posting that info in public :lol:

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

seattlecowboy wrote:

Okay who runs the wyonationblog twitter account?

Is it you? You must be trying to get him fired posting that info in public :lol:
Me = @MrTitleist and @WyoNationDotCom
Chad = @WyoNationBlog and his personal acct.
ImageImageImageImage
lakesbison
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

is he moving his house? JUST KIDDING I see ZERO percent of this happening, but some guy in Youngstown has "sources" lol

http://ysupenguins.com/forum/index.php/ ... l#msg83472" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;