Not a HR, not even a GRD. A base hit though...

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

And for all of our sake, I hope it pans out to MWC championships. I am not as confident as some are here on the hire though.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
HR_Poke
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

McPeachy wrote:And for all of our sake, I hope it pans out to MWC championships. I am not as confident as some are here on the hire though.
You talkin about me?
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

McPeachy wrote:And for all of our sake, I hope it pans out to MWC championships. I am not as confident as some are here on the hire though.
As with any new coach...only time will tell. That is the same regardless if someone thinks we hired a grand slam or if someone thinks we hired a dude.

I think the hire is solid...but only time will tell.

Go Pokes!!
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

This is the 15th coaching change I've seen at UW since I started rooting for the Cowboys in the late 50's, so my excitement over Coach Bohl is a bit tempered.

These are the coaches I've watched over the years. Some good ones, and some not so good ones:

Bob Devaney
Lloyd Eaton
Fritz Shurmur
Fred Akers
Bill Lewis
Pat Dye
Al Kincaid
Dennis Erickson
Paul Roach
Joe Tiller
Dana Dimel
Vic Koenning
Joe Glenn
Dave Christensen

And now Craig Bohl

I sincerely hope he is the best hire ever, and that his results in Laramie will continue to be as stellar as possible. UW and the kids that wear the brown and gold deserve a winner. I'll fly my flag proudly and cheer as I always have. But I'll wait a while before anointing him the king and saviour of Wyoming football.

Go Pokes!
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

CowboyNV wrote:This is the 15th coaching change I've seen at UW since I started rooting for the Cowboys in the late 50's, so my excitement over Coach Bohl is a bit tempered.

These are the coaches I've watched over the years. Some good ones, and some not so good ones:

Bob Devaney
Lloyd Eaton
Fritz Shurmur
Fred Akers
Bill Lewis
Pat Dye
Al Kincaid
Dennis Erickson
Paul Roach
Joe Tiller
Dana Dimel
Vic Koenning
Joe Glenn
Dave Christensen

And now Craig Bohl

I sincerely hope he is the best hire ever, and that his results in Laramie will continue to be as stellar as possible. UW and the kids that wear the brown and gold deserve a winner. I'll fly my flag proudly and cheer as I always have. But I'll wait a while before anointing him the king and saviour of Wyoming football.

Go Pokes!
Agree, hope Bohl is the best hire ever. I hope my liver can stand to be patient (again). Makes me pretty damn tired though. Can't help think that Burman knows his livelihood rides on this hire (although that is another conversation entirely). And I am right behind you...I was playing football in the south endzone when Eaton was at the helm.
Dear Karma,

McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

HR_Poke wrote:
You talkin about me?
I saw a hint of your stance - I couldn't stomach reading all that poop. Not being a smartass - but I take it you are on the "not-very-confident" side of things?

I simply just don't know about this hire. And honestly, would Tedford have done better at UW? We will never know, so the point is moot. Even if Bohl turns out to be the next Urban Meyer...we still will never know.

If my balls were in a vice on a hire at my job, guarantee you I would have shot for the moon.
Dear Karma,

CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

I quit drinking a fews years back, started using pharmaceuticals instead :D I do believe this is Burman's swan song. If this hire goes badly, he stands no chance of keeping his job. So, we get to watch and see what happens. I loved those days and playing in the south endzone as well....dreaming of being a Cowboy someday. Now, I feel lucky just to get out of bed in the morning without injuring myself.
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
HR_Poke
Cowpoke

McPeachy wrote:
HR_Poke wrote:
You talkin about me?
I saw a hint of your stance - I couldn't stomach reading all that poop. Not being a smartass - but I take it you are on the "not-very-confident" side of things?

I simply just don't know about this hire. And honestly, would Tedford have done better at UW? We will never know, so the point is moot. Even if Bohl turns out to be the next Urban Meyer...we still will never know.

If my balls were in a vice on a hire at my job, guarantee you I would have shot for the moon.
I was just joshin ya since you said HR in your title. But yeah I'm not sold on Bohl. I hope I'm proven wrong, but I'm pessimistic at this point. Too many times we thought we had a HR coach and we got burned. You would think some of us would be more guarded then we are.....
BackHarlowRoad
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 4 times

JimmyDimes wrote: As with any new coach...only time will tell. That is the same regardless if someone thinks we hired a grand slam or if someone thinks we hired a dude.
I can say with 100% certainty at this point in time that we did, in fact, hire a dude.
HR_Poke
Cowpoke

BackHarlowRoad wrote:
JimmyDimes wrote: As with any new coach...only time will tell. That is the same regardless if someone thinks we hired a grand slam or if someone thinks we hired a dude.
I can say with 100% certainty at this point in time that we did, in fact, hire a dude.
You inspected his package?
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

HR_Poke wrote:
McPeachy wrote:
HR_Poke wrote:
You talkin about me?

I was just joshin ya since you said HR in your title. But yeah I'm not sold on Bohl. I hope I'm proven wrong, but I'm pessimistic at this point. Too many times we thought we had a HR coach and we got burned. You would think some of us would be more guarded then we are.....
I am so out of it...didn't even see that (or clue in). I definitely am guarded about this hire - having been through 4+ decades of WYO football will do that to a fan.
Dear Karma,

JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

BackHarlowRoad wrote:
:) Hopefully that dude won't turn out to be a dud.
BackHarlowRoad
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 4 times

HR_Poke wrote:
BackHarlowRoad wrote:
You inspected his package?
Haha, ok, I guess I better change that to 95% certainty.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

Bohl already beat a BCS team with a winning record this season. That alone is an upgrade, isn't it?
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

Asmodeanreborn wrote:Bohl already beat a BCS team with a winning record this season. That alone is an upgrade, isn't it?
I don't think that means anything quite honestly. That stuff is why they play the game.

Going undefeated though - that is an accomplishment. Probably an expected accomplishment given the circumstances, but an accomplishment none the less.

Again, hope he turns out to be the next Urban Meyer, as I mentioned. I will reserve judgment for a few years.
Dear Karma,

kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

McPeachy wrote:
Asmodeanreborn wrote:Bohl already beat a BCS team with a winning record this season. That alone is an upgrade, isn't it?
I don't think that means anything quite honestly. That stuff is why they play the game.

Going undefeated though - that is an accomplishment. Probably an expected accomplishment given the circumstances, but an accomplishment none the less.

Again, hope he turns out to be the next Urban Meyer, as I mentioned. I will reserve judgment for a few years.
Same here. As always I will be behind our coach and Cowboys by next year. I just feel we took a step in the same direction, instead of a step up. I too, hope that he will be WYOs "Urban Meyer" or "Brady Hoke".

Most peoples eyes light up at his 41-2 record over the last three years.
For me, I shrug my shoulders at that number considering a vast majority of those programs that they beat would be the equivalent of Georgia St or UMass at this level...
The number that has me interested, but still mostly shrugging my shoulders is their 7-3 record over FBS schools. Most of those wins were against "Nobodies". And they lost to a bad WYO team.
So how will that translate to wins and losses for WYO? I guess we'll see.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

kansasCowboy wrote:
Same here. As always I will be behind our coach and Cowboys by next year. I just feel we took a step in the same direction, instead of a step up. I too, hope that he will be WYOs "Urban Meyer" or "Brady Hoke".

For me, I shrug my shoulders at that number considering a vast majority of those programs that they beat would be the equivalent of Georgia St or UMass at this level...
The number that has me interested, but still mostly shrugging my shoulders is their 7-3 record over FBS schools. Most of those wins were against "Nobodies". And they lost to a bad WYO team.
CSU is a nobody. Texas State is a nobody. Maybe moving up to consistently beating the nobodies on our schedule would be a move in the right direction....I'd put money on NDSU beating both of those teams this year. I get what youre saying but he seems to really be able to recruit those inbetween players that bigger programs arent quite sure about then gets 110% out of them. Thats going to have to be us for awhile, until we develop a winning culture. And lets not forget, he has gotten recruits to choose NDSU over FBS schools...I think he'll do far better on the field than CDC
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote:...I think he'll do far better on the field than CDC
I have read a bunch of posters put this same sentiment out there. And all I have to say, is he needs to do MUCH better than DC - as DC sucks and just got fired for sucking.

Wouldn't make sense to fire DC to hire somebody to do worse. Although Sperman Burman has done that before with Buckymac & Slickdick...hmmmmmm.
Dear Karma,

OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 231 times

kansasCowboy wrote:
McPeachy wrote:

Find me an FCS team with half as many FBS victories as NDSU since Bohl took over. I can't name one.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

OrediggerPoke wrote:Find me an FCS team with half as many FBS victories as NDSU since Bohl took over. I can't name one.
I don't care enough about FCS teams to look to be honest. But probably none to answer your question. Which is like being the least smelly turd.
Last edited by McPeachy on Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dear Karma,