B Smith draft potential

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

Brett's dad keeps tweeting draft predictions for Brett. It's been reported that Smith will not transfer schools...wonder if he'll forgo his senior and declare for the draft?

http://withthefirstpick.com/2013/12/17/ ... o-round-1/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

Number 5 overall pick to the Cleveland Steamers - am I reading that right?

If so, thanks for everything you did for UW Brett, and best of luck in the NFL!
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

A lot of the things his dad is posting has him going anywhere from 1st to 3rd round..
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

kdwrightuwyo wrote:A lot of the things his dad is posting has him going anywhere from 1st to 3rd round..
Sickens me that his last year as a Cowboy may very well have been wasted by the f-word up hurry up poop offense that Mr. Stubborn Cocksucker ran.

:evil:
Dear Karma,

BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

I tried telling every single arm-chair QB and "draft expert" on this board that started bashing Brett as the season went on, that he is still BRETT SMITH.
So many people on here wanted to put all the blame on him for his performance against Fresno, Boise, and USU. Yet they forget that our poop ass head coach at the time was the one for the blame.
Brett has been opening peoples eyes since his freshman year. For every "major" publication that had Derek Carr as the best QB in the MWC, there was another, less-known publication saying how great Brett is and how he is the real deal and is a NFL QB.

So many people talked poop on him like he isn't going to the draft because he just isn't ready, but did those people forget that the kid has already opened the eyes of the Mannings, Drew Brees, and Jeff Garcia? But I guess the angry folk on Wyonation know more than those guys, especially at playing the QB position. Not to mention half the NFL had scouts here in fall camp alone, and throughout the season there were probably more.

Give Brett his credit, and if he does declare, watch what he can do at pro day and if he gets to go to the combine, watch him out perform nearly ever QB there, including Bridgewater.

With all that said, I really hope he comes back next season, and shows he can do it in a pro-style system.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

I hope he's wearing the brown and gold next season but if the kid is being projected In the first three rounds he should take it. The risk of injury At qb is so high that you have to get your money when you can.
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

4th round up, is what I predict, HE WILL be with Pokes next year, there's no way he'll go in the top 3 rounds, imo, but stranger things can and may happen, but he needs to be here for his senior year
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

pokefanchaz7 wrote:I hope he's wearing the brown and gold next season but if the kid is being projected In the first three rounds he should take it. The risk of injury At qb is so high that you have to get your money when you can.
Agreed, especially with the O line he had this year. The past three years that kid has taken a beating, and all because of a lousy coach with lousy assistants. I wish Brett nothing but the best and hope he has a long and fruitful career in the NFL. It will be fun to watch him work with a real offensive line and real coaches.
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

CowboyNV wrote:
pokefanchaz7 wrote:I hope he's wearing the brown and gold next season but if the kid is being projected In the first three rounds he should take it. The risk of injury At qb is so high that you have to get your money when you can.
Agreed, especially with the O line he had this year. The past three years that kid has taken a beating, and all because of a lousy coach with lousy assistants. I wish Brett nothing but the best and hope he has a long and fruitful career in the NFL. It will be fun to watch him work with a real offensive line and real coaches.
he would take the same beating under center for the browns
disclaimer: I could be wrong. I've done it before...I'll probably do it again.

a high fallootin'...rootin' tootin' sonofa gun from 'ol WYOMIN'
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

If I was Brett, I could see why he would want to leave right now, but I can also see a lot of upside in staying. All it takes is some trust in the coaching staff. If he trusts in Bohl and the new system, good things will happen for Brett.
He is too good not to succeed.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

whyoh wrote:
CowboyNV wrote:
Ya but he would be getting paid millions of dollars to take a beating. Show me the money $$$$$$
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
PotatoCreekPete
Cowpoke

BeaverPoke wrote:I tried telling every single arm-chair QB and "draft expert" on this board that started bashing Brett as the season went on, that he is still BRETT SMITH.
So many people on here wanted to put all the blame on him for his performance against Fresno, Boise, and USU. Yet they forget that our poop ass head coach at the time was the one for the blame.
Brett has been opening peoples eyes since his freshman year. For every "major" publication that had Derek Carr as the best QB in the MWC, there was another, less-known publication saying how great Brett is and how he is the real deal and is a NFL QB.

So many people talked poop on him like he isn't going to the draft because he just isn't ready, but did those people forget that the kid has already opened the eyes of the Mannings, Drew Brees, and Jeff Garcia? But I guess the angry folk on Wyonation know more than those guys, especially at playing the QB position. Not to mention half the NFL had scouts here in fall camp alone, and throughout the season there were probably more.

Give Brett his credit, and if he does declare, watch what he can do at pro day and if he gets to go to the combine, watch him out perform nearly ever QB there, including Bridgewater.

With all that said, I really hope he comes back next season, and shows he can do it in a pro-style system.
I am going to call you OUT on that charge...."So many people on here wanted to put all the blame on him for his performance against Fresno, Boise, and USU. Yet they forget that our poop ass head coach at the time was the one for the blame." That is TOTAL BS! I can't remember anyone ripping Brett because of his performance, all of the blame went to Christensen and the coaches. If you have someone evidence of people ripping him then put it on here and it is easy to say..."So many people..." making it seem like it is a lot of people when it ISN'T. If there is one person that did this (I can't remember seeing any but that doesn't mean that there wasn't)...but it was far from "So many..." that is a total fabrication! Show us who also put, "all of the blame on him..."...this I heard from absolutely no one. I understand that you are passionate about this subject but saying wild things does not make it! My charge has constantly been on Christensen and the coaches and his offense putting the defense in bad positions, and it was because of that "fast offense" and predictable play calling is what hurt Brett and the rest of the offense. One other thing that I said, was that the WR's were not getting separation and this was making it very difficult for Brett to throw to guys. I for one appreciate everything that Brett has done, he is probably the best QB that has ever come to Wyoming, he certainly is the most competitive without a doubt. But making wild charges against "so many" people here is not accurate or fair just because you think it might be so when in reality it isn't.

If Brett declares that is his business. Frankly I feel it would be a mistake for him but that is his decision as I said. I feel that he could really use one more season under an outstanding coach that isn't going to have him run for his life time after time as Christensen's offense did and playing in a pro-style offense will help him a lot when he does go for the draft.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

PotatoCreekPete wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:I tried telling every single arm-chair QB and "draft expert" on this board that started bashing Brett as the season went on, that he is still BRETT SMITH.

I am going to call you OUT on that charge...."So many people on here wanted to put all the blame on him for his performance against Fresno, Boise, and USU. Yet they forget that our poop ass head coach at the time was the one for the blame." That is TOTAL BS! I can't remember anyone ripping Brett because of his performance, all of the blame went to Christensen and the coaches. If you have someone evidence of people ripping him then put it on here and it is easy to say..."So many people..." making it seem like it is a lot of people when it ISN'T. If there is one person that did this (I can't remember seeing any but that doesn't mean that there wasn't)...but it was far from "So many..." that is a total fabrication! Show us who also put, "all of the blame on him..."...this I heard from absolutely no one. I understand that you are passionate about this subject but saying wild things does not make it! My charge has constantly been on Christensen and the coaches and his offense putting the defense in bad positions, and it was because of that "fast offense" and predictable play calling is what hurt Brett and the rest of the offense. One other thing that I said, was that the WR's were not getting separation and this was making it very difficult for Brett to throw to guys. I for one appreciate everything that Brett has done, he is probably the best QB that has ever come to Wyoming, he certainly is the most competitive without a doubt. But making wild charges against "so many" people here is not accurate or fair just because you think it might be so when in reality it isn't.

If Brett declares that is his business. Frankly I feel it would be a mistake for him but that is his decision as I said. I feel that he could really use one more season under an outstanding coach that isn't going to have him run for his life time after time as Christensen's offense did and playing in a pro-style offense will help him a lot when he does go for the draft.
If you're so interested in finding it, go look for it. I don't remember what thread it was in, there has been hundreds since the Fresno State game.

And trust me, I didn't just make up this claim. There have been people, maybe not the majority, but there have been people who have bashed on Brett. Whether it was a little or a lot, it happened.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 106 times

kdwrightuwyo wrote:Brett's dad keeps tweeting draft predictions for Brett. It's been reported that Smith will not transfer schools...wonder if he'll forgo his senior and declare for the draft?

http://withthefirstpick.com/2013/12/17/ ... o-round-1/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
That mock draft is laughable. Notice how 2 Fresno State players went in the first round? That's because the guy that wrote it is a high school football coach in Fresno. That's the thing about blogs, anyone can write them. Hell, I might go in and make a mock first round that's all MW players.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

BeaverPoke wrote:If you're so interested in finding it, go look for it. I don't remember what thread it was in, there has been hundreds since the Fresno State game.

And trust me, I didn't just make up this claim. There have been people, maybe not the majority, but there have been people who have bashed on Brett. Whether it was a little or a lot, it happened.
Beav...Potato wasn't the person claiming "so many" of this & that - and throwing out all the "I told you so's" you did in your post. I don't remember anyone placing the blame on Brett for this season and some of the atrocious losses. Did Brett have issues? Certainly, but he would probably be the first to admit / own it.

Who was it though, that thought the DC fast paced - no time of possession - offense was the way to go at Wyoming?

:rofl:
Dear Karma,

kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

In Beav's defense, there were a few folks on here (I don't remember who) who did try to say that Smith played poop and stuff like that. There were certainly games where the blame could be distributed amongst many on the team, including #16.
HR_Poke
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

McPeachy wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:If you're so interested in finding it, go look for it. I don't remember what thread it was in, there has been hundreds since the Fresno State game.

Beav...Potato wasn't the person claiming "so many" of this & that - and throwing out all the "I told you so's" you did in your post. I don't remember anyone placing the blame on Brett for this season and some of the atrocious losses. Did Brett have issues? Certainly, but he would probably be the first to admit / own it.

Who was it though, that thought the DC fast paced - no time of possession - offense was the way to go at Wyoming?

:rofl:
The up tempo could have worked. But you need to be willing to adjust and at times slow things down. It's great if you aren't subbing in guys and you trap the opposing defense into a formation that isn't working for the scheme you have going in that drive. But like I said you need to be willing to adjust and not make your whole offense about up tempo. It's a good tool to have for any program but unless you have the talent like oregon it's not going to work as a full on scheme.
PotatoCreekPete
Cowpoke

BeaverPoke wrote:
PotatoCreekPete wrote:

If you're so interested in finding it, go look for it. I don't remember what thread it was in, there has been hundreds since the Fresno State game.

It is called "backing up what you say"...and you don't...it isn't my job to do YOUR research for you, just because you are too lazy to back-up your charge does not mean I should do it for you! Until you do, you have NOTHING, and I do mean NOTHING to back-up your assertion, and "trust you", NO WAY until you back-up what you say. I see also that you are dancing a little now, "Whether it was a little or a lot, it happened." Your charge was that "So many people...", that means a lot of people were putting total blame as you charged on Brett and that JUST FLAT OUT ISN'T TRUE! If it is "so many people..." it shouldn't be hard for you to find evidence to back-up your claim should it be? The Wyoming fan base doesn't deserve to be painted with a broad UNTRUTHFUL brush just because you got upset.
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

pokefanchaz7 wrote:
whyoh wrote:
CowboyNV wrote:
Ya but he would be getting paid millions of dollars to take a beating. Show me the money $$$$$$
good call......and if it were me offered the millions i would take it also

find me someone that wouldn't
disclaimer: I could be wrong. I've done it before...I'll probably do it again.

a high fallootin'...rootin' tootin' sonofa gun from 'ol WYOMIN'
dapokes
Ranch Hand

Wherever he goes on the next level...whether this draft of next.

Best believe I'll be rocking that nike elite jersey.