Brett Declares!

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Vapoke
Cowpoke

Rumor is that Brett is declaring for the draft. Best of luck to him.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Yep, looks to be true. Massive loss going into next season, but it was a pleasure watching B. Smith play at Wyoming. He personified what it meant to be Cowboy Tough. Someone will get a steal in the draft.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Yep, Vorel confirmed it. Best of luck to Smith in the NFL! Hopefully he can get a good o-line.
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

Fool. No way he gets drafted. Guess he didn't want to play for a good coach for once.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 66 times

SDPokeFan wrote:Fool. No way he gets drafted. Guess he didn't want to play for a good coach for once.
Fool is a bit extreme. However, I would be shocked if he's drafted in the first 5 rounds. I know there is a thread about his draft potential being very high, maybe higher than Johnny Manziell. I find that hard to believe. Oh well. I wish him luck and hope he get's a chance.
wyocowboy2014
A Real Cowboy

If I were a NFL GM, I would not draft Smith. Too many question marks. The biggest to me is his concussions. If he takes another big hit (from much more powerful athletes than what he has seen thus far), can he still play? Also, Brett has lacked consistency, partly due to his concussions. I wish him the best but I think this is the wrong move for him. Also, lets say he gets drafted and takes a big hit in training camp. Is he done playing then without having any education? To me, getting your diploma is one of the most important things that any college athlete can do. If you are a absolute standout top 20 pick, that could be different, but I just don't know if this is the right move.
KansasPoke
Ranch Hand

He wouldn't have left unless the NFL told him he was likely going high.
Gunshow03
Buckaroo

Brett is a smart kid and I don't think he declares if there is no way he gets drafted... It was great watching him play for 3 years and look forward to seeing him on Sundays!
Hayduke
Cowpoke

Third or fourth round. He is a worthy project in the QB friendly NFL.
“If you want to get laid, go to college. If you want an education, go to the library.”
Frank Zappa
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict

He's a quitter. I hope he doesn't get drafted and ends up third string in the AFL.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Jesus guys.....sour grapes much? Thank the kid for what he's done and move on. No need to turn on him the moment he leaves....
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict

J-Rod wrote:Jesus guys.....sour grapes much? Thank the kid for what he's done and move on. No need to turn on him the moment he leaves....
What exactly has he done?
Gunshow03
Buckaroo

SDPokeFan wrote:He's a quitter. I hope he doesn't get drafted and ends up third string in the AFL.
Haha he's pursing his dream and I can't blame him at all for it. Good for him as far as I'm concerned.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

SDPokeFan wrote: What exactly has he done?
Been undoubtedly the best QB Wyoming's had in some time. Dazzled and brought excitement. I guarantee you the next Wyoming QB will be a big drop off from Brett.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

wyocowboy2014 wrote:If I were a NFL GM, I would not draft Smith. Too many question marks. The biggest to me is his concussions. If he takes another big hit (from much more powerful athletes than what he has seen thus far), can he still play? Also, Brett has lacked consistency, partly due to his concussions. I wish him the best but I think this is the wrong move for him. Also, lets say he gets drafted and takes a big hit in training camp. Is he done playing then without having any education? To me, getting your diploma is one of the most important things that any college athlete can do. If you are a absolute standout top 20 pick, that could be different, but I just don't know if this is the right move.
Doesn't he get his diploma this year or something? I know Beaver or someone was saying something about it.

But no concussions this year, bulked up, played smarter, better, set multiple Wyoming and MWC records, and improved upon all his stats. What more do want from him? The kid would only go if told he would be drafted in the first few rounds.
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict

J-Rod wrote:
Been undoubtedly the best QB Wyoming's had in some time. Dazzled and brought excitement. I guarantee you the next Wyoming QB will be a big drop off from Brett.
I notice "won games" is absent from this description.
wyocowboy2014
A Real Cowboy

I'm not sour. I wish him the best. I just see a lot of question marks for having a long career.
Vapoke
Cowpoke

I think Jason Thompson will be outstanding at QB and may for Bohl system better. Best of luck Brett whatever team drafts you I will go to fedEx field and watch you play
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

SDPokeFan wrote: I notice "won games" is absent from this description.
Yeah, cause the rest of the team had nothing to do with that, huh? Only God knows just how bad these last few seasons would have been without Brett's brilliance.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

SDPokeFan wrote:
J-Rod wrote:
I notice "won games" is absent from this description.
Its called having an incompetant HC that also acted as the OC and refused to make adjustments.