Wyoming Spring Practice 2014

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

Vorel: Wyoming quarterbacks scramble to learn new offense, make positive impression

Tom Thornton might be cursed.

Where Wyoming's sophomore quarterback has gone, offensive coordinators have scattered. Consistency, for Thornton, has been as elusive as water in the desert.

So when Dave Christensen's spread offense left town in the offseason and Brent Vigen's west coast system replaced it, Thornton was more uncertain than he was surprised.

http://trib.com/sports/college/wyoming/ ... eb2f4.html
PokeTransplant
Cowpoke
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 14 times

I AM JACKED to see how this year is going to progress. Granted, I bought into the DC snake oil...but, after watching the hiring process of CCB and what he has brought into the Cowboy program...I am all in with this guy, this staff, and this team. Watch out Beav...I'm really close to becoming the new board homer if CCB and staff keep progressing at this rate.

Who else is excited to see what Wick and May can do when they become a legit part of the offense...it may be a new incarnation of "Thunder and Lightning" with Wick bringing the "Thunder" and May bringing the "Lightning".

I'm not so worried about the QB position with the offense CCB is bringing in. Granted, with the spread, the QB was the single point of failure...in this system, we need a QB that can be effective by protecting the ball and not be the focus of the entire offense.

On D...with Duval at the helm (in the weight room)...I'm looking forward to our guys actually getting the push instead of constantly getting pushed....

I AM JACKED! I am totally buying in to this staff. The Cowboys may not win the conference, but we will make other teams hurt on Sunday morning......
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

Article on May and Wick, with video attached.

http://www.wyosports.net/university_of_ ... 963f4.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

Practice #3 (3/29/14)
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

Video Highlights of Practice #3 (WyoSports.net):

POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

UW Athletics Site:

Cowboys Practice in Full Pads for the First Time This Spring on Saturday

The Play of Defensive Ends Highlights Saturday's Practice

LARAMIE, Wyo. - Saturday morning saw the Wyoming Cowboy football team practice in full pads for the first time this spring. The Pokes conducted practice in both War Memorial Stadium and the Indoor Practice Facility, with it lasting a little over two hours. The tempo of practice took another step forward with the addition of full pads. Head coach Craig Bohl was pleased with the play of Cowboy defensive ends Sonny Puletasi and Eddie Yarbrough, as well as the continued development of the Cowboy running game.

http://www.gowyo.com/sports/m-footbl/sp ... 14aaa.html
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

Bohl Comments After Practice #3 (WyoSports.net):

POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

UW Athletics Site: Spring Practice #3 Recap

Comments From Bohl, Kaligis, Richardson

McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

Hey POKE FAN - thanks for posting the updates / tweets / etc. Great thread, and good info.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

God when is kick off!?!?!? I'm so damn stoked
PokeTransplant
Cowpoke
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 14 times

Not that he would say anything negative about the previous staff, but I am curious as to what the biggest differences in practice atmosphere and overall attitude there is in Coach Kaligis' opinion? Would be a good question for Gags or Vorel to throw out there...
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

McPeachy wrote:Hey POKE FAN - thanks for posting the updates / tweets / etc. Great thread, and good info.
No problem. The ability to embed tweets and youtube videos makes these particular forums more colorful and interesting for the fanatics. Hopefully, a few WYO prospects will find the site and be inspired. A little flavor for future Pokes with a "one-stop shopping" thread, so to speak. I know at least one of the 2014 commits frequents this site.
Last edited by POKE FAN on Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.