2014/2015 Recruiting Thread

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
BackHarlowRoad
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 4 times

theman12 wrote:
Wyo2dal wrote:Maybe you guys didn't listen to the interview but Cade has zero interest in Wyoming. On top of that he is a spread QB do you really think Brett would have played at UW under center in a pro style offense when he was groomed as a spread QB? Clearly he isn't he left for the NFL.

It's not a mistake to pull a scholarship from someone that has no want or interest to attend the school. If he had shown any interest in coming here he would probably still have that offer on the table and that was his mistake.
Thank you. Get guys here that want to be here. Period
For those who didn't watch the video this is how it went....

Interviewer: "Do you have any interest in Wyoming still?"

Cade (who hadn't stuttered the entire interview up to this point): "Uh...well, yeah, I mean any school willing to give me a shot...uh...obviously with Coach Bohl and the new staff there now and changing the offense...uh...yeah, um, we'll just have to see how it goes I guess."

Not interested.
Last edited by BackHarlowRoad on Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

BeaverPoke wrote:
theman12 wrote: But in less than a month he's going to officially move on. It's time for us to do the same
I will never move on.

When I'm an old man I will be the "Wyokie". But instead of talking about how great the 80s were and our jerseys were, I will be talking about how great Brett Smith was and how we don't have any Brett Smiths! :roll:
I think you already are... :lol:
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

fromolwyoming wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:
theman12 wrote: But in less than a month he's going to officially move on. It's time for us to do the same
I will never move on.

When I'm an old man I will be the "Wyokie". But instead of talking about how great the 80s were and our jerseys were, I will be talking about how great Brett Smith was and how we don't have any Brett Smiths! :roll:
I think you already are... :lol:
:D

Well if Cade doesn't want to come to Wyo, and Wyo doesn't want Cade....

Time for me to start the "Cade to Corvallis" bandwagon.

And actually...it's funny with all this Cade Smith talk, I logged onto the Beaver board, and there was a giant picture of Cade Smith and an article about his recruiting.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
BackHarlowRoad
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 4 times

BeaverPoke wrote:And actually...it's funny with all this Cade Smith talk, I logged onto the Beaver board, and there was a giant picture of Cade Smith and an article about his recruiting.
Haha, "Beaver board"
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

BeaverPoke wrote: And actually...it's funny with all this Cade Smith talk, I logged onto the Beaver board, and there was a giant picture of Cade Smith and an article about his recruiting.
I just hope he doesn't end up at USU. The Smith's have a knack for making people wish they had taken them more seriously.....I'd hate to see Cade remind Wyoming of that for 4 years.

But Wyo2Dal has a point......it could be Cade's the one not interested in Wyoming.
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

I guess I have a different interpretation of what he meant by his comments in the interview.
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

We'll probably all carry that with us for a long time BP, TBH it's been how many years and I still wonder if we will ever have another jovon bouknight or fennis dembo.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Wyo2dal wrote:We'll probably all carry that with us for a long time BP, TBH it's been how many years and I still wonder if we will ever have another jovon bouknight or fennis dembo.
We did just have a Brett Smith and we still have a Larry Nance Jr.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 231 times

The days of another Chris Stutzreim may not be too far away!

Brett Smith was a great QB at Wyoming (absolutely no denying that), but I'll take whoever can lead the team into Knoxville and come out with a W!
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

BYU now interested in Cade.
WTF Bohl.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

BeaverPoke wrote:BYU now interested in Cade.
WTF Bohl.
Where did you see that?

I know Wazzu landed Hillinski, as expected....so they're not after Cade anymore. Utah State would suck, but BYU would be a swift kick to the balls. Please no.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

J-Rod wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:BYU now interested in Cade.
WTF Bohl.
Where did you see that?

I know Wazzu landed Hillinski, as expected....so they're not after Cade anymore. Utah State would suck, but BYU would be a swift kick to the balls. Please no.
His father tweeted it.

And speaking of Wazzu...did they are becoming the Texas Tech of the Pac12.
Everyone talked about how it could happen with Mike Leach, but no one truly believed it would because they are Wazzu.

Wazzu is going to be REALLY good, and is going to start upsetting the big teams in the Pac12 in the next few seasons.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

What is with recruits with Wyoming ties and BYU this week?
https://twitter.com/portgus15/status/460175285023805440
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p= ... id=7495341" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

CowboyJunky says Wyoming has offered Regis Jesuit's Tim Lynott. He's already visited Colorado State. That's Bohl's next step....get one of these top recruits to visit Laramie!

I don't care, cheat! I see Washington State push real hard to get commits from good recruits in June/July during their visits so they don't have to do it in December/January when the valley is drowning in snow. Its worked.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

We offered Kellen Overstreet as well...

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/668556/kellen-overstreet" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Here's Lynott's Hudl...

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1382902/tim-lynott" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p= ... id=6109629" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Overstreet is a consensus 3-Star RB.....only FBS offer is Wyoming....but appears to be on course to see more. Northern Illinois and Boston College look poised to offer.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

And....Mason Tobeck...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnFxESD1 ... e=youtu.be" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

National Champions 1943.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

I do.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

Adam Holtorf...

http://nebraska.247sports.com/Bolt/Holt ... r-28227778" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

National Champions 1943.

I do.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

C.J. Johnson...

https://rivals.yahoo.com/wyoming/footba ... son-147906" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

National Champions 1943.

I do.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

I mentioned Trevor Allen a couple of months ago too, but Trevor Allen is another Wyoming offer...

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1723590/trevor-allen" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

National Champions 1943.

I do.