Hey wyokie, a question.

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

According to a random NDSU fan trolling the mwcboard, Wyoming was approached the 1960s about joining up with the Montana schools and the Dakota schools to form a new conference. I and no one else ever heard of anything like this. Since you know quite a it about Wyoming history, did you hear anything about this?
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

The story probably didn't get out from the Public Relations Department at Wyoming because they couldn't stop laughing.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 46 times

fromolwyoming wrote:According to a random NDSU fan trolling the mwcboard, Wyoming was approached the 1960s about joining up with the Montana schools and the Dakota schools to form a new conference. I and no one else ever heard of anything like this. Since you know quite a it about Wyoming history, did you hear anything about this?
I never heard of that before. Sounds like someone who had been smoking WAY too much weed.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

I know that at one point in history, parts of NE Wyoming, SE Montana, and the Dakotas wanted to form their own state called Abasoka? Abasorka?

But forming an athletic conference?
Lol....
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

BeaverPoke wrote:I know that at one point in history, parts of NE Wyoming, SE Montana, and the Dakotas wanted to form their own state called Abasoka? Abasorka?

Lol....
And this was supposed to have happened when we were a strong football program in the 50s and 60s.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Some weird poop happened in the 50s and 60s.....did you know the Idaho Vandals used to be a part of the original Pac-X schools?
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

J-Rod wrote:Some weird poop happened in the 50s and 60s.....did you know the Idaho Vandals used to be a part of the original Pac-X schools?
So was Montana. :rofl:
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

I don't remember any coversations like this back in the 60's, but I was in college beginning in 1967 so my mind is a bit foggy.

The WAC consisted of Wyoming, Arizona, Arizona State, BYU, Utah, and New Mexico through most of the 60's with CSU and UTEP joining in 1967. Hell, in 1966 the Pokes finished the year ranked #15 in the nation, and in 1967 they finished #5. There was no way in hell that Wyoming would have left the WAC and thrown their lot in with the schools from Montana and the Dakotas. That's some funny poop right there.
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

CowboyNV wrote:I don't remember any coversations like this back in the 60's, but I was in college beginning in 1967 so my mind is a bit foggy.

The WAC consisted of Wyoming, Arizona, Arizona State, BYU, Utah, and New Mexico through most of the 60's with CSU and UTEP joining in 1967. Hell, in 1966 the Pokes finished the year ranked #15 in the nation, and in 1967 they finished #5. There was no way in hell that Wyoming would have left the WAC and thrown their lot in with the schools from Montana and the Dakotas. That's some funny poop right there.
And when we pointed this out to him, he tried to downplay Wyoming, even at that time as bad program.
zappinpoke
Cowpoke

BeaverPoke wrote:I know that at one point in history, parts of NE Wyoming, SE Montana, and the Dakotas wanted to form their own state called Abasoka? Abasorka?

Lol....
http://thechive.com/2014/05/02/notable- ... hq-photos/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Indeed. Scroll down to map #19. I just saw this the other day.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

zappinpoke wrote:

Lol....
http://thechive.com/2014/05/02/notable- ... hq-photos/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
That list of maps is pretty cool.
I like the wild gorillas one lol.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

zappinpoke wrote:

Lol....
lol #26 one thing I really miss about being gone!

Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

Wyo2dal wrote:lol #26 one thing I really miss about being gone!

About that map, there are Sonics almost on every corner here in OKC. I think there is one at UW.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Great pic Wyo2Dal. lmao at Florida.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

Not AT UW, but close by. And I always have problems whenever I go there, the least of which is waiting 20 minutes for a simple drink and no one else is in line/waiting.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

J-Rod wrote:Great pic Wyo2Dal. lmao at Florida.
Kinda surprised Florida has Burger King. Not surprised whatsoever of the NASCAR logo in north Florida.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

fromolwyoming wrote:Not AT UW, but close by. And I always have problems whenever I go there, the least of which is waiting 20 minutes for a simple drink and no one else is in line/waiting.
O.K. I stand corrected. I knew there's one in Wyoming.

BTW, the service at Sonic is just as bad here in OKC.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

That map in particular is about what franchises started in what states, meaning Wyoming is home to Taco John's.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

fromolwyoming wrote:That map in particular is about what franchises started in what states, meaning Wyoming is home to Taco John's.
I know. Plus Sonic was started here in Oklahoma....in particular, OKC.