Big XII Further slams byu

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

Big XII says they have had zero talk about expanding and that even if they did, there are no teams worth adding. A couple great quotes that basically give byu the middle finger.
Luck added that there are no "available teams" -- schools from the non-Power Five leagues -- that would add value to the Big 12's per-school revenue.
"Our denominator is 10," Luck said. "The more you split it up ... I don't think we can find a partner who's available right now to stay at the value we have (per school) or let alone increase what we have. That's the consensus we have (staying at 10)."
:lol: :lol: :lol:

http://espn.go.com/college-football/sto ... -expansion
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 231 times

I'd say those quotes are more of a shot at every non-power conference team. Not that it is any shocker, but Wyoming, Boise State, CSU, etc... would also not add any value to the Big 12.

Here is to hoping Wyoming gets added to the Big 12 as a wrestling member! Which makes a lot of sense from both Wyoming's and the Big 12's perspectives.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Even with the massive egotistical nature of BYU, I still get the feeling that within the next 5 years they'll have to reluctantly slump back to the MW. I could be wrong of course....but I think eventually they'll get tired of existing in the unknown.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

J-Rod wrote:Even with the massive egotistical nature of BYU, I still get the feeling that within the next 5 years they'll have to reluctantly slump back to the MW. I could be wrong of course....but I think eventually they'll get tired of existing in the unknown.
Well, if they are 11-1 or 6-6, their bowl game will already be predetermined. They don't even have conference titles to try for if they otherwise lose 1 or 2 games.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

fromolwyoming wrote: Well, if they are 11-1 or 6-6, their bowl game will already be predetermined. They don't even have conference titles to try for if they otherwise lose 1 or 2 games.
Exactly. It's only a matter of time before that begins to royally bug them. They're still throwing a fit over the fact that the MWC champ has a significantly easier path to an access bowl than they do. They could go 12-0 and still not get in. This new system is very very harsh on non-Notre Dame independents.
castlerocker
Cowpoke

I remember one of their fans (on a call in radio show) said they wanted to play for a national championship and have the game scheduled for a Sunday and have BYU refuse to play on Sunday and make the NCAA and the bowl comittee change the day just because it is .....them.

They want to do whatever advertises their religion the most.
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times

castlerocker wrote:I remember one of their fans (on a call in radio show) said they wanted to play for a national championship and have the game scheduled for a Sunday and have BYU refuse to play on Sunday and make the NCAA and the bowl comittee change the day just because it is .....them.

They want special treatment always and they will do whatever it takes to get it - and that includes cheating, lying, and undermining a conference & teams.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

WYCowboy wrote:
castlerocker wrote:I remember one of their fans (on a call in radio show) said they wanted to play for a national championship and have the game scheduled for a Sunday and have BYU refuse to play on Sunday and make the NCAA and the bowl comittee change the day just because it is .....them.

They want special treatment always and they will do whatever it takes to get it - and that includes cheating, lying, and undermining a conference & teams.
In that case, they'll be perfect for the SEC. :roll:
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 23 times

Wyokie wrote:
WYCowboy wrote:

In that case, they'll be perfect for the SEC. :roll:
I can't recall any SEC teams leaving and deliberately trying to kill off the conference, though.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

If you look at the data, the TV ratings for byu are no different or less than all other G5 members. If you look at visiting attendance, sans a few places like Vegas, it really doesn't go up when byu is in town. The exception to this was when Jimmer was playing; bball attendance definitely went up in arenas he played in.

Frankly, with the way things have devolved for the G5, they really aren't worth it to the MWC either. We have 12 teams; think how much additional money they would have to bring in to make any impact on all 12 teams. I don't think the value is there.

I've been saying all along, byu simply isn't worth putting up with. They are exactly where they need to be.

Regarding the Big 12, T-Boone had this to say "And BYU? Who in the hell knows where Provo, Utah, is? The natural one is TCU. So, if that's it, do it and go forward.". Look what happened. TCU is in and byu is out. The fact is, most people in Big 12 country have no affinity for byu and no desire to add such a twisted program.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
Hayduke
Cowpoke

ragtimejoe1 wrote:If you look at the data, the TV ratings for byu are no different or less than all other G5 members. If you look at visiting attendance, sans a few places like Vegas, it really doesn't go up when byu is in town. The exception to this was when Jimmer was playing; bball attendance definitely went up in arenas he played in.

Frankly, with the way things have devolved for the G5, they really aren't worth it to the MWC either. We have 12 teams; think how much additional money they would have to bring in to make any impact on all 12 teams. I don't think the value is there.

I've been saying all along, byu simply isn't worth putting up with. They are exactly where they need to be.

Regarding the Big 12, T-Boone had this to say "And BYU? Who in the hell knows where Provo, Utah, is? The natural one is TCU. So, if that's it, do it and go forward.". Look what happened. TCU is in and byu is out. The fact is, most people in Big 12 country have no affinity for byu and no desire to add such a twisted program.
Besides, there is a HUGE drop in beer sales at the stadium when they come.

Huge!
“If you want to get laid, go to college. If you want an education, go to the library.”
Frank Zappa
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

OrediggerPoke wrote:I'd say those quotes are more of a shot at every non-power conference team. Not that it is any shocker, but Wyoming, Boise State, CSU, etc... would also not add any value to the Big 12.
How much value did TCU add to the Big XII?!
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 3 times

To be honest, I am tired of coming to Wyonation.com and seeing a new thread about BYU. Every. Single. Damn. Day.

Fact: BYU football's program is way bigger than ours
Fact: Their team is better than ours
Fact: They are douchebags
Fact: I could give two craps less about them until they come crawling back to the MWC
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times

joshvanklomp wrote:
OrediggerPoke wrote:I'd say those quotes are more of a shot at every non-power conference team. Not that it is any shocker, but Wyoming, Boise State, CSU, etc... would also not add any value to the Big 12.
How much value did TCU add to the Big XII?!
I don't know. TCU is a small, rich school in a large metro area. I think they have a good football program - probably top half of the Big 12 (but not challenging for the championship so far). Last I heard, Patterson was kind of on the hot seat. Their basketball program is probably in the bottom half of the Big 12. Not sure about the rest of their athletics.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

djm19 wrote:To be honest, I am tired of coming to Wyonation.com and seeing a new thread about BYU. Every. Single. Damn. Day.

Fact: I could give two craps less about them until they come crawling back to the MWC
I understand where you are coming from, but the original intent of this post was to bash on byu. You have to understand, and living in Utah I bet you have a pretty good idea, of how deep my hatred for that school runs. Growing up in SW Wyo, I developed a strong hate for byu. While most Wyo fans aim their anger at CSU, I am almost indifferent towards them. If CSU and byu were playing, I would root for CSU all day long. Blasphemy I know, but it just shows you how much I hate that school in Provo.

So when the chance to post an article that, IMO, indirectly bashes on byu presents itself; I'm going to jump on that chance and run with it.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

WestWYOPoke wrote:
djm19 wrote:To be honest, I am tired of coming to Wyonation.com and seeing a new thread about BYU. Every. Single. Damn. Day.

I understand where you are coming from, but the original intent of this post was to bash on byu. You have to understand, and living in Utah I bet you have a pretty good idea, of how deep my hatred for that school runs. Growing up in SW Wyo, I developed a strong hate for byu. While most Wyo fans aim their anger at CSU, I am almost indifferent towards them. If CSU and byu were playing, I would root for CSU all day long. Blasphemy I know, but it just shows you how much I hate that school in Provo.

So when the chance to post an article that, IMO, indirectly bashes on byu presents itself; I'm going to jump on that chance and run with it.
WestWYOPoke is right! EVERYONE I know of KNOWS how I feel about them ^&*(^&*()*&$^()*T^^*)^*( :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff:
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
djm19
WyoNation Addict

WestWYOPoke wrote:

Fair enough. I just find it funny when we (wyoming fans) suddenly think we are are in a better situation than the zoobs. Let me tell you....we aren't. Even their mess of being Independent... they are still positioned better than us.
djm19
WyoNation Addict

I see where you are coming from in re: to CSU. Honestly, I never caught the rabid rivalry it is to many fans. I always had BYU game circled because friends, neighbors and family were so passionate about it. (And many, complte d#%#heads).

I am not meaning to dertail the post, I just wish we had some good UW football discussion more. I get it, it is the off season and we are scraping for things to talk about, but when I see "BYU" in headlines still I just shake my head. Maybe because they dont care one second about us anymore. Likewise for me.
djm19
WyoNation Addict

WestWYOPoke wrote: So when the chance to post an article that, IMO, indirectly bashes on byu presents itself; I'm going to jump on that chance and run with it.
I see that...I would rather just bash on someone that affects us directly. Like teasing SDSU's crazy RB or Calhoun. BYU is dead to me now.
hithere
Ranch Hand

djm19 wrote:I see that...I would rather just bash on someone that affects us directly. Like teasing SDSU's crazy RB or Calhoun. BYU is dead to me now.
Are you thinking of changing your profile pic?

BYU may be dead to you, but if there exists another inherently unlikeable school, athletics program and fan base, I haven't found it.