Cowboys add late signee from AF Prep

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 36 times

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/440014/hunter-atyia" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ImageImageImageImage
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

5'10 QB with 4.4 speed? Granted, the speed is probably exaggerated, but as a QB, that is more ideal for Air Force's triple option than a pro set offense. I'd say he'll most likely be safety or RB, as his speed would otherwise go to waste as QB in Bohl's offense.
zappinpoke
Cowpoke

fromolwyoming wrote:5'10 QB with 4.4 speed? Granted, the speed is probably exaggerated, but as a QB, that is more ideal for Air Force's triple option than a pro set offense. I'd say he'll most likely be safety or RB, as his speed would otherwise go to waste as QB in Bohl's offense.
Recruited as a slot receiver and punt returner.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

zappinpoke wrote:
fromolwyoming wrote:5'10 QB with 4.4 speed? Granted, the speed is probably exaggerated, but as a QB, that is more ideal for Air Force's triple option than a pro set offense. I'd say he'll most likely be safety or RB, as his speed would otherwise go to waste as QB in Bohl's offense.
Recruited as a slot receiver and punt returner.
That works too.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

zappinpoke wrote:Recruited as a slot receiver and punt returner.
Sounds like a role similar to what Ryan Smith played for Coach Bohl, though it looks like this guy is bigger.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
hithere
Ranch Hand

joshvanklomp wrote:
Sounds like a role similar to what Ryan Smith played for Coach Bohl, though it looks like this guy is bigger.
Yes. Most football playing teams' coaches recruit fast, relatively shorter players for slot receiver/punt returner.

HOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSTTT.

I realize I'm playing into this by pointing it out, but the injection of anything NDSU related into any thread, unrelated or not, is why other Wyoming fans reading this get a little perturbed with this schtick. But you already know this. And thrive on it.

Congratulations on the attention, I guess.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

hithere wrote:
joshvanklomp wrote:
Yes. Most football playing teams' coaches recruit fast, relatively shorter players for slot receiver/punt returner.

HOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSTTT.

I realize I'm playing into this by pointing it out, but the injection of anything NDSU related into any thread, unrelated or not, is why other Wyoming fans reading this get a little perturbed with this schtick. But you already know this. And thrive on it.

Soon or later they will just ignore it without blowing up, Most likely later than sooner but it will happen eventually.. I hope.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

hithere wrote:I realize I'm playing into this by pointing it out, but the injection of anything NDSU related into any thread, unrelated or not, is why other Wyoming fans reading this get a little perturbed with this schtick. But you already know this. And thrive on it.

That wasn't my intention at all. What else do we have to go on if you want to conceptualize his role in a Craig Bohl/Brent Vigen offense? Do you have Wyoming game footage yet? Last I checked, nobody does. So you have to use whatever you have at your disposal if you want to envision his role in this scheme. Once Bohl has been in Laramie for a year or two, the NDSU references will be gone because we can make Wyoming comparisons. At least I won't bring them up, I can't vouch for LB.

BTW, just like you get annoyed with the "NDSU schtick," I get just as annoyed when I see threads about BYU, CSU, Utah, etc. I thought this was a Wyoming board? Why not go to a MWC board if you want to talk about those teams?
hithere
Ranch Hand

joshvanklomp wrote: That wasn't my intention at all. What else do we have to go on if you want to conceptualize his role in a Craig Bohl/Brent Vigen offense? Do you have Wyoming game footage yet? Last I checked, nobody does. So you have to use whatever you have at your disposal if you want to envision his role in this scheme. Once Bohl has been in Laramie for a year or two, the NDSU references will be gone because we can make Wyoming comparisons. At least I won't bring them up, I can't vouch for LB.

BTW, just like you get annoyed with the "NDSU schtick," I get just as annoyed when I see threads about BYU, CSU, Utah, etc. I thought this was a Wyoming board? Why not go to a MWC board if you want to talk about those teams?
Because unlike you, I don't feel as though I need to defend myself to an internet stranger. Like a child would.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

joshvanklomp wrote:
hithere wrote:I realize I'm playing into this by pointing it out, but the injection of anything NDSU related into any thread, unrelated or not, is why other Wyoming fans reading this get a little perturbed with this schtick. But you already know this. And thrive on it.

That wasn't my intention at all. What else do we have to go on if you want to conceptualize his role in a Craig Bohl/Brent Vigen offense? Do you have Wyoming game footage yet? Last I checked, nobody does. So you have to use whatever you have at your disposal if you want to envision his role in this scheme. Once Bohl has been in Laramie for a year or two, the NDSU references will be gone because we can make Wyoming comparisons. At least I won't bring them up, I can't vouch for LB.

Because it's a forum section dedicated to Wyoming and MWC football. BYU is talked about because there is still a long history between our schools (plus they regularly schedule MWC schools) and CSU is a member of the MWC. Utah has only been mentioned when talking about our former HC, and that only in passing. NDSU is neither Wyoming affliated, nor in the MWC. Get over yourself. You already have a new HC, so go obsess over him now.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

fromolwyoming wrote:You already have a new HC, so go obsess over him now.
My school hasn't hired a new coach in a while, so I'm not sure what you're talking about.

Don't confuse me with lakesbison. I'm not a NDSU fan. I am a Craig Bohl fan.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 134 times

joshvanklomp wrote: Don't confuse me with lakesbison. I'm not a NDSU fan. I am a Craig Bohl fan.
Not meaning to be offensive here, but that is just weird. You would latch on to any program Bohl coaches?

I'm among the biggest Bohl fans in the world right now. If something happens down the road and he is lined on the other side of the field from the POKES, I hope he gets embarrassed.

I really have never "met" someone that was a fanboy of a coach and followed that coach around. I've certainly kind of hoped a team might win a game from time to time because of a player or a coach, but I've never followed a program because of a player or coach.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 49 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote:
joshvanklomp wrote: Don't confuse me with lakesbison. I'm not a NDSU fan. I am a Craig Bohl fan.
Not meaning to be offensive here, but that is just weird. You would latch on to any program Bohl coaches?

I'm among the biggest Bohl fans in the world right now. If something happens down the road and he is lined on the other side of the field from the POKES, I hope he gets embarrassed.

I really have never "met" someone that was a fanboy of a coach and followed that coach around. I've certainly kind of hoped a team might win a game from time to time because of a player or a coach, but I've never followed a program because of a player or coach.
LOL Obviously you never been to Oklahoma. There are people here who actually thinks Barry Switzer IS God and will follow him to the end of the earth. :roll:
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
Hayduke
Cowpoke

Wyokie wrote:
ragtimejoe1 wrote:

LOL Obviously you never been to Oklahoma. There are people here who actually thinks Barry Switzer IS God and will follow him to the end of the earth. :roll:
Barry Switzer isn't God?

:lol:

Is this kid set to play QB or are they going to plug him into some other position?
“If you want to get laid, go to college. If you want an education, go to the library.”
Frank Zappa
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 36 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote:I really have never "met" someone that was a fanboy of a coach and followed that coach around. I've certainly kind of hoped a team might win a game from time to time because of a player or a coach, but I've never followed a program because of a player or coach.
I'm a big Mike Leach fan.. I follow all of the programs he's coached. Same with Steve Spurrier.
ImageImageImageImage
BJC
A Real Cowboy

"Don't you be a taking the Switzer's name in vain!" :lol:

*Heard from a relative of mine that he was a world class prick...at least in reference to interactions at the U of OK hospital.

random
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

BJC wrote:"Don't you be a taking the Switzer's name in vain!" :lol:

*Heard from a relative of mine that he was a world class prick...at least in reference to interactions at the U of OK hospital.
Not surprised at all. I can't stand OU so...
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
BJC
A Real Cowboy

joshvanklomp wrote:

SHOTS FIRED!

Although coming on here complaining about talking about CSU BYU etc kind of proves some folks' point. :coffee:
BJC
A Real Cowboy

Wyokie wrote:

OSU is exciting to watch ( I bought my son both OSU OU hats---the cashier was upset the OSU hat was on top :shock: ) but it appears they might have some issues....what is the real story on that kid that was stabbed etc? Assume there is more to a story like that other than random attack.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

BJC wrote:
Wyokie wrote:

OSU is exciting to watch ( I bought my son both OSU OU hats---the cashier was upset the OSU hat was on top :shock: ) but it appears they might have some issues....what is the real story on that kid that was stabbed etc? Assume there is more to a story like that other than random attack.
I heard about that. My guess...his attacker is probably a OU fan. OU and OSU have a hatred that makes CSU/Wyoming look tame. No joke!!! Don't even ask about OU/Texas.