55 days til kickoff. 55 reasons Wyo has a good season.

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 110 times

26. Winnable home schedule. We don't play anyone at home that we can't beat. Utah State is going to be rough, and so is Boise, but they're both absolutely beatable.
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 90 times

27. We have a defensive line, I think. Not much depth, but a good starting d-line.

28. We will improve as the year progresses. We will get stronger. We will learn the system. We will settle in and learn how to grind teams and, as a result, we will scare the crap out of or beat the final four on our schedule.

29. If we can find even a hint of a passing game (which may be a stretch), our running game can get moving and we will be able to roll down-hill.

30. It will be difficult for a conference full of spread offenses to prepare for a grind it out-type offensive team. (Also see 9.)
johnywyo
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 1 time

31. We poop can "Raise a little Hell", and actually stop someone or 3rd and long.
At the molecular level all mankind is a brilliant super-nova.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

32. Because this year, the defense stops doing dumb poop like this.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Good one J-Rod lol.

33. Blair Burns

Freshman All-American corner back as a true freshman. He came to Laramie, and before DC and his horrible defensive knowledge screwed Burns up, he was a freshman all-American. Then after that Burns regressed like hell, and was an absolute weak spot.

Now he has a coach. A real frickin defensive coach.
Burns thrives this season, and becomes the next Wyo player to be drafted, adding to a solid stretch of Wyo DBs going to the NFL.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

34. Puletasi, Hala'api'api, and Mertens are all going to be stronger and better coached than ever. While they're not the stars on our defensive line, the improvement of players like Yarbrough will allow them to be better than ever.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

35. 13.4 - The decrease in points allowed per game (from 2002 - 28.7 to 2003 - 15.3) in Bohl's first season at his previous position.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

36. Time of possession.

Wyoming was dead-last in FBS in 2013 (25:02). Bohl's team would've finished 4th in FBS in 2013 (33:40).
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

joshvanklomp wrote:36. Time of possession.

Wyoming was dead-last in FBS in 2013 (25:02). Bohl's team would've finished 4th in FBS in 2013 (33:40).
People think a high powered offense was the key to wearing down our opponents. In reality, the key is ball control. Keep a defense on the field longer and they will get tired.....yep, that is how it works.

37. Depth....Wyoming returns the most starters of any team in the MWC. We don't have to reload any position like most teams in the MWC do (minus QB of course). Experience and a newfound strength and conditional program will pay dividends this year.
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 3 times

37.5 Aaron !@#$%^& Young - Has more zip than miracle whip

Okay, I just had to be an agitator because i know he checks these forums.... :)

Disregard...
wwcc22
Buckaroo

38. Our Defense will be better so our Offense will be on the field more to score more points so the Defense can rest.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

39. Now that I am going to be up at Oregon State, God will guide the Cowboys to an amazing season that I don't get to see any of
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

40. Our QBs.

This may seem like it doesn't make sense but follow me on this one.
Most teams that have QB controversies rarely end up having a good year.
But in our situation, teams don't know our style of play. We may have one QB start at the beginning of the season, then switch to another, then later on even a 3rd QB.

Now, if we had pro-style QBs it wouldn't matter. But we have a mix of all sorts of QBs.
From what I am hearing, Stratton is a scrambler and runs a lot. We all know that Kirkgaard isn't a scrambler.
If we go from Stratton to Kirkgaard to whoever else, our offense might be changing game by game. Obviously we won't be going from a spread to triple option or anything dramatic, but the QBs will differ enough to significantly change our style of play.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

41. The reintroduction of the TE position.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
djm19
WyoNation Addict

Last edited by djm19 on Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
djm19
WyoNation Addict

BeaverPoke wrote:40. Our QBs.

True. We will keep teams guessing on whether or not their defense should practice fumble recovery drills or INT return blocking.
BJC
A Real Cowboy

ouch.... :eek:
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

:orly:
djm19 wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:40. Our QBs.

True. We will keep teams guessing on whether or not their defense should practice fumble recovery drills or INT return blocking.
:orly:
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
djm19
WyoNation Addict

I kid.... I kid
johnywyo
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 1 time

38. We develop a special teams that is not special needs. We have been atrocious for a decade. No returns on kicks or punts. A sorely lacking ability of development, finally turns to respectable. A huge part of the program. Christensen was horrible in this area. Field position, we have got to win this marker to have a shot at winning close games. :willybs:
At the molecular level all mankind is a brilliant super-nova.