Does anyone have any pictures of the remodeling at the AA?

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 91 times

I don't know that there is much to see, but it would be a good tool to keep people interested, engaged and talking about the program. I know they show the conceptual drawings to recruits and all, but it would be good for them to show progress and keep fans interested through the summer and fall.

Something along the lines of - look at how we are coming along on the remodel (and thanks for your patience and support)...this is what it will look like when finished (show renderings)...this is the next phase and timing for it (show renderings)...and, oh by the way, buy season tickets because we are going to kick the hell out of a lot of people and you will want to witness the carnage live. You could even add a plug for football season tickets - along the same theme line - we are remodeling (the football team) and need your support to get it done and you will want to watch us transform the program so get season tickets or a ticket package or whatever the hell (a good athletic department would have the next ask in the pipeline - say remodeling the West side restrooms and concessions stands, building a party deck in the South endzone, etc.)

If you read the football board, there is a lot of pent up energy over the summer toward UW athletics. They need to direct it better to productive causes - or you get 6 pages on uniforms and negatively inclined posts taking odds on whether the AA will actually be done on time (not a critique on the post, but on the lack of message control by UW). Ugh.
nirv117
Ranch Hand

These are from about a week ago.

This is for one of the new video boards
God is a Cowboy
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

Thanks, nirv. Keep us updated, if possible.
Last edited by POKE FAN on Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
castlerocker
Cowpoke

Thanks, great to see the progress.
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy

Thanks, sir. The video boards look to be quite large...which is good I think.
nirv117
Ranch Hand

Sub Flooring being put in

God is a Cowboy
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 126 times

nirv117 wrote:Sub Flooring being put in

Looks like they played some major catch up since the demo team left. I know the demo team was behind at least 3 weeks, due to some inaccurate blue-prints & electrical schematics - ouch!

Still interesting to see no game scheduled in the AA (for men or women) until 11/16/2014 (women are one day later with 11/17/14) - roughly 2 weeks later than the previous years.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy

Keep 'em coming, nirv, with my thanks.

Very, very cool. Imagine Shy recruiting with the remodel done at the AA and a run to the NCAAs/conference championship under his belt...
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

LawPoke wrote:Keep 'em coming, nirv, with my thanks.

Very, very cool. Imagine Shy recruiting with the remodel done at the AA and a run to the NCAAs/conference championship under his belt...
It has been a long time coming, but I haven't felt better about our men's program in quite a while. :thumb:
Dear Karma,

Aaron
A Real Cowboy

I am going to feel so lost when I walk in there. It's felt like my winter home for 30 years and now its going to be so different
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

Aaron wrote:I am going to feel so lost when I walk in there. It's felt like my winter home for 30 years and now its going to be so different
I know how you feel. I'm still trying to convince myself that this change is good. It made me sick to see a whole section gone due to a scoreboard... But I guess it's for the best.
ProudWYOAlum
Ranch Hand

Everything about the remodel is great. This venue needed a facelift, badly.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

ProudWYOAlum wrote:Everything about the remodel is great. This venue needed a facelift, badly.
This I agree with but TBH I had high hopes that by the time they got around to it we would see a new Arena with better structure support to offer a large hanging screen instead of it being done like this. I think the center screen with 4 sides does so much for Basketball Arenas.
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

kansasCowboy wrote:
Aaron wrote:I am going to feel so lost when I walk in there. It's felt like my winter home for 30 years and now its going to be so different
I know how you feel. I'm still trying to convince myself that this change is good. It made me sick to see a whole section gone due to a scoreboard... But I guess it's for the best.
Two whole sections gone due to video boards. As a witness to packed houses during the '01-'02 regular season MWC championship run, I cringe at the thought of what we're losing, seating-wise, in the upper level when considering where I think Coach Shy can take this program now. 15K-16K+ for CS-ewe and Utah at season's end that year and the place was deafening. After the Pokes trounced the sheep, the CSU beat-writer for the Denver Post started his post-game article with "In an atmosphere so electric, it was almost frightening....". Very intimidating environment.

Positives moving forward:

The video boards are large. I'm personally looking forward to clearer replays and lots of stats on them. Plus, if the new visuals in the AA excite recruits (these are 16- and 17-year-old kids) and give Shyatt a slight edge on the trail for certain prospects, then, hey, I'm all for it.

The telescopic seating will allow for a much larger practice area moving forward. I'm sure Shyatt and Legerski are very much looking forward to that aspect of the renovation. More quality practice time for the entire squad.

The new facade, concourse and club area should also be very impressive when completed.

Seats are being installed behind the video boards for our CSU visitors. :D

My only gripe (so far) is that the video boards weren't placed behind the baskets so most CJC contributors could more easily see either board.
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

POKE FAN wrote:
kansasCowboy wrote:
Two whole sections gone due to video boards. As a witness to packed houses during the '01-'02 regular season MWC championship run, I cringe at the thought of what we're losing, seating-wise, in the upper level when considering where I think Coach Shy can take this program now. 15K-16K+ for CS-ewe and Utah at season's end that year and the place was deafening. After the Pokes trounced the sheep, the CSU beat-writer for the Denver Post started his post-game article with "In an atmosphere so electric, it was almost frightening....". Very intimidating environment.

The video boards are large. I'm personally looking forward to clearer replays and lots of stats on them. Plus, if the new visuals in the AA excite recruits (these are 16- and 17-year-old kids) and give Shyatt a slight edge on the trail for certain prospects, then, hey, I'm all for it.

The telescopic seating will allow for a much larger practice area moving forward. I'm sure Shyatt and Legerski are very much looking forward to that aspect of the renovation. More quality practice time for the entire squad.

The new facade, concourse and club area should also be very impressive when completed.

My only gripe (so far) is that the video boards weren't placed behind the baskets so most CJC contributors could more easily see either board.
I could be wrong, but I think they are. Weren't they also going to rotate the court 30 degrees or something to that affect? If that's the case I think that scoreboard would be right behind the goals.
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

kansasCowboy wrote:
POKE FAN wrote:
kansasCowboy wrote:

I could be wrong, but I think they are. Weren't they also going to rotate the court 30 degrees or something to that affect? If that's the case I think that scoreboard would be right behind the goals.
Based on the 3D re-seating site, the video boards will be located to the left of the sections behind the baskets. Nirv's photos confirm it. If you look at photo #5, the area right in front of the boarded walls at the top of the picture will seat around 100 students (or so) in an arc on the floor. Those are seats without chair backs. The court end line will run right in front of those students. The large tunnel is still the visitor's tunnel. The visitor's bench is now in front of that tunnel.

If you look at photo #1, the video board framework is just to the right of the large tunnel and easily to the left of basket area.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

Dear Karma,

TheCup
Ranch Hand

McPeachy wrote:
TheCup has access? ;)

Total. I have total access.