Tevis Bartlett Update

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
DocHolliday
Cowpoke

BeaverPoke wrote:
DocHolliday wrote:
ProudWYOAlum wrote:
J-Rod wrote:The only consistent in recruiting is inconsistency. We're talking about 17-year old's...nobody truly knows what is going on inside of their heads, or what their motivations are.

And just because a player is the best recruit in the state doesn't mean he'll stay home. Even Power-5 schools lose top recruits in their own state. For example, the top recruit in the state of Washington for the class of 2015 is a 4-Star, Top-10 rated QB who is headed to.........Washington? Nope. Washington State? Wrong again.....he is headed for Boise State. Go figure. Expect the unexpected in recruiting.

That's not say Tevis won't go to UW, only that even Alabama could lose the top kid in their state to someone else.
CU and CSU lose the top 4-5 kids in their home state every year.
I don't care about CU nor CSU.

I care about WYOMING.

And in this sparsely populated state, when we get a talent like Bartlett?

He stays.

Period.
Or goes to Florida
Are you not part Oregon State fan?

Just asking...
DocHolliday
Cowpoke

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:
DocHolliday wrote:
ProudWYOAlum wrote:
J-Rod wrote:The only consistent in recruiting is inconsistency. We're talking about 17-year old's...nobody truly knows what is going on inside of their heads, or what their motivations are.

And just because a player is the best recruit in the state doesn't mean he'll stay home. Even Power-5 schools lose top recruits in their own state. For example, the top recruit in the state of Washington for the class of 2015 is a 4-Star, Top-10 rated QB who is headed to.........Washington? Nope. Washington State? Wrong again.....he is headed for Boise State. Go figure. Expect the unexpected in recruiting.

That's not say Tevis won't go to UW, only that even Alabama could lose the top kid in their state to someone else.

I care about WYOMING.

He stays.

Period.
Or goes to Florida
Or any other relevant school...
Sorry, but we're more than relevant -- and we'll be becoming much more relevant over the next 5 years.

WYOMING.

Or nothing.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

DocHolliday wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:
DocHolliday wrote:
ProudWYOAlum wrote:

I care about WYOMING.

He stays.

Period.
Or goes to Florida
Sorry, but we're more than relevant -- and we'll be becoming much more relevant over he next 5 years.

WYOMING.

Or nothing.
HAHAHA :rofl: Maybe in the next 5 year but certainly not right now. You really are delusional.

Look. I am a cowboy fan, always will be. But I am also a realist. I won't miss a home game this year and may even make the CSU game. But I will not kid myself or anyone else by saying were anything close to relevant. WERE NOT EVEN RELEVANT IN OUR CONFERENCE. Yet. We will be. But we don't have a track record to attract big recruits, in state or out. If you can't understand that, you probably shouldn't be talking to anyone about sports. On the internet or the radio.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

DocHolliday wrote:

Just asking...
Yep I am. Will be a student there this fall.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
DocHolliday
Cowpoke

DocHolliday wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:
DocHolliday wrote:
ProudWYOAlum wrote:

I care about WYOMING.

He stays.

Period.
Or goes to Florida
Sorry, but we're more than relevant -- and we'll be becoming much more relevant over he next 5 years.

WYOMING.

Or nothing.
HAHAHA :rofl: Maybe in the next 5 year but certainly not right now. You really are delusional.

Look. I am a cowboy fan, always will be. But I am also a realist. I won't miss a home game this year and may even make the CSU game. But I will not kid myself or anyone else by saying were anything close to relevant. WERE NOT EVEN RELEVANT IN OUR CONFERENCE. Yet. We will be. But we don't have a track record to attract big recruits, in state or out. If you can't understand that, you probably shouldn't be talking to anyone about sports. On the internet or the radio.
You make my argument for me.

A track record.

That begins somewhere.

That can begin with, Tevis Bartlett.

Now.

You're welcome...
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

BeaverPoke wrote:
DocHolliday wrote:

Just asking...
You're not in Laramie anymore? Starting Grad School?
DocHolliday
Cowpoke

BeaverPoke wrote:
DocHolliday wrote:

Just asking...
All the best to you in Corvallis...
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

BeaverPoke wrote: Yep I am. Will be a student there this fall.
Have fun BP. Glad it worked out that you made it to Corvallis.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

DocHolliday wrote:
DocHolliday wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:
DocHolliday wrote:
ProudWYOAlum wrote:

I care about WYOMING.

He stays.

Period.
Or goes to Florida

WYOMING.

Or nothing.

A track record.

That begins somewhere.

Now.

You're welcome...
In what universe does a school build a legacy, after having none for decades, by landing the best recruits? God you're dumb. Thats not quite how it works. You have to be good to attract good. I don't think your new producer will help. You clearly are not terribly intelligent when it comes to sports.
DocHolliday
Cowpoke

DocHolliday wrote:
DocHolliday wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:
DocHolliday wrote:
ProudWYOAlum wrote:

After this I'm finished with you...I'll instead allow someone else to expose your inept arguments that have no basis.

Listen jerky, how in the f-word do you get good to begin with if you cannot convince some, you know, good players, to come and play for you?

If you're going to make every game this year please let me know where I can find you beforehand -- so I may find you and knock the living poop out of you before I head inside to see the game.

Me?

I can be found every day at: 315A West Lincolnway, Cheyenne, Wyoming.

Stop by and let me know how you feel in person.

I care about WYOMING.

He stays.

Period.
Or goes to Florida

WYOMING.

Or nothing.

A track record.

That begins somewhere.

Now.

You're welcome...
In what universe does a school build a legacy, after having none for decades, by landing the best recruits? God you're dumb. Thats not quite how it works. You have to be good to attract good. I don't think your new producer will help. You clearly are not terribly intelligent when it comes to sports.
Last edited by DocHolliday on Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

BeaverPoke wrote:
DocHolliday wrote:

Just asking...
Still in Laramie right now. Taking classes this summer. Just spent last week in Corvallis finding a place to live and meeting with my adviser, and met with a professor in the civil engineering geomatics department that I am going to be doing research for.

But not grad school. I have changed my major multiple times and took quite a few semesters off so I am behind, but it's all good! I spent quite a few years in Laramie and UW and it will always be home for me. Now I know what I want to study, so I have no regrets with being behind on my degree.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

We all will agree that we want him to stay home and be a Cowboy. We will also all agree that Coach Bohl believes the same thing. That is the ultimate goal. Landing him would be the start we needed to help catapult the Cowboys into the hearts and minds of Wyoming high schoolers and Wyoming fans.

But to vilify a young man for dreaming of things bigger than the state of Wyoming is wrong. Maybe he doesn't want to be part of rebuilding a mediocre team (as things stand today, it's the truth...maybe not in 4 years, but today and next season and quite possibly the next)? Maybe he wants to prove to himself that he can not only play with the big boys, but is one of the "big boys"? Maybe he can be successful at a huge program? Maybe he could only be successful in the second tier the BCS? No body knows! He is a young man that has to make that decision. Not radio personalities, hometown fans, or even Coach Bohl.

He is a young man, that if he decides to take his talents to Oregon, will still be a Wyoming native. A true Wyomingite, or fan of Wyoming, will want to see him succeed and prove to other Wyoming high school athletes that Wyoming has a legit program in place and can produce great athletes.

Do not vilify this kid for wanting something big in life. Something that the state of Wyoming cannot provide, at least not yet...
DocHolliday
Cowpoke

kdwrightuwyo wrote:We all will agree that we want him to stay home and be a Cowboy. We will also all agree that Coach Bohl believes the same thing. That is the ultimate goal. Landing him would be the start we needed to help catapult the Cowboys into the hearts and minds of Wyoming high schoolers and Wyoming fans.

But to vilify a young man for dreaming of things bigger than the state of Wyoming is wrong. Maybe he doesn't want to be part of rebuilding a mediocre team (as things stand today, it's the truth...maybe not in 4 years, but today and next season and quite possibly the next)? Maybe he wants to prove to himself that he can not only play with the big boys, but is one of the "big boys"? Maybe he can be successful at a huge program? Maybe he could only be successful in the second tier the BCS? No body knows! He is a young man that has to make that decision. Not radio personalities, hometown fans, or even Coach Bohl.

He is a young man, that if he decides to take his talents to Oregon, will still be a Wyoming native. A true Wyomingite, or fan of Wyoming, will want to see him succeed and prove to other Wyoming high school athletes that Wyoming has a legit program in place and can produce great athletes.

Do not vilify this kid for wanting something big in life. Something that the state of Wyoming cannot provide, at least not yet...
Last edited by DocHolliday on Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

DocHolliday wrote:
DocHolliday wrote:
DocHolliday wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:
DocHolliday wrote:
ProudWYOAlum wrote:

After this I'm finished with you...I'll instead allow someone else to expose your inept arguments that have no basis.

Listen jerky, how in the f-word do you get good to begin with if you cannot convince some, you know, good players, to come and play for you?

If you're going to make every game this year please let me know where I can find you beforehand -- so I may find you and knock the living poop out of you before I head inside to see the game.

Me?

I care about WYOMING.

He stays.

Period.
Or goes to Florida

WYOMING.

Or nothing.

A track record.

That begins somewhere.

Now.

You're welcome...
After this I'm done with you - I'll instead let someone else expose your inept and unintelligent theories.

Listen up sizzle chest, how in the f-word is a program of any repute supposed to get good without first being able to land some desirable players?

How does a program 'get good' first, thereby being able to attract other 'good' players, without first gaining the commitments of, you know...good players?

You're going to be at every home game?

Terrific.

Just give me a heads up where I may find you before kickoff so I can knock the living poop out of you before I head in to see the game.

Me?

I can be found in my office/studio each day at:
315A
West Lincolnway
Cheyenne, Wyoming

Come on by anytime you want to and let me know your thoughts in person tough guy.
Haha. You have got to be the douchiest piece of poop on this board. Those morons in Fort Fart are better Cowboy fans than you are.

And be careful what you wish for, I am in your neighborhood almost every day. It will be really hard to spew your worthless drivel to your 7 fans with a jaw wired shut.
DocHolliday
Cowpoke

DocHolliday wrote:
DocHolliday wrote:
DocHolliday wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:
DocHolliday wrote:
ProudWYOAlum wrote:[quote="J-Rod"]The only consistent in recruiting is inconsistency. We're talking about 17-year old's...nobody truly knows what is going on inside of their heads, or what their motivations are.

Me?

I care about WYOMING.

He stays.

Period.
Or goes to Florida

WYOMING.

Or nothing.

A track record.

That begins somewhere.

Now.

You're welcome...
After this I'm done with you - I'll instead let someone else expose your inept and unintelligent theories.

Listen up sizzle chest, how in the f-word is a program of any repute supposed to get good without first being able to land some desirable players?

How does a program 'get good' first, thereby being able to attract other 'good' players, without first gaining the commitments of, you know...good players?

Terrific.

Just give me a heads up where I may find you before kickoff so I can knock the living poop out of you before I head in to see the game.

Me?

315A
West Lincolnway
Cheyenne, Wyoming

Come on by anytime you want to and let me know your thoughts in person tough guy.
Haha. You have got to be the douchiest piece of poop on this board. Those morons in Fort Fart are better Cowboy fans than you are.

And be careful what you wish for, I am in your neighborhood almost every day. It will be really hard to spew your worthless drivel to your 7 fans with a jaw wired shut.[/quote]

Every day?

Awesome!

PLEASE do come by - please do.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

DocHolliday wrote:
DocHolliday wrote:
DocHolliday wrote:
DocHolliday wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:
DocHolliday wrote:[quote="ProudWYOAlum"][quote="J-Rod"]The only consistent in recruiting is inconsistency. We're talking about 17-year old's...nobody truly knows what is going on inside of their heads, or what their motivations are.

Me?

I care about WYOMING.

He stays.

Period.
Or goes to Florida

WYOMING.

Or nothing.

A track record.

That begins somewhere.

Now.

You're welcome...

Terrific.

Me?

315A
West Lincolnway
Cheyenne, Wyoming

And be careful what you wish for, I am in your neighborhood almost every day. It will be really hard to spew your worthless drivel to your 7 fans with a jaw wired shut.[/quote]

Every day?

Awesome!

PLEASE do come by - please do.[/quote]
Thought you were done with me...So you're a pussy and a liar...
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

BeaverPoke wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:
DocHolliday wrote:

Just asking...
Still in Laramie right now. Taking classes this summer. Just spent last week in Corvallis finding a place to live and meeting with my adviser, and met with a professor in the civil engineering geomatics department that I am going to be doing research for.

But not grad school. I have changed my major multiple times and took quite a few semesters off so I am behind, but it's all good! I spent quite a few years in Laramie and UW and it will always be home for me. Now I know what I want to study, so I have no regrets with being behind on my degree.
Congrats man! Hope everything works the way you intend. Go POKES!
yopaulie
Ranch Hand

kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

DocHolliday wrote:
DocHolliday wrote:
DocHolliday wrote:
DocHolliday wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:[quote="DocHolliday"][quote="ProudWYOAlum"][quote="J-Rod"]The only consistent in recruiting is inconsistency. We're talking about 17-year old's...nobody truly knows what is going on inside of their heads, or what their motivations are.

Me?

I care about WYOMING.

He stays.

Period.
Or goes to Florida

WYOMING.

Or nothing.

A track record.

That begins somewhere.

Now.

You're welcome...

Terrific.

Me?

315A
West Lincolnway
Cheyenne, Wyoming

Every day?

Awesome!

PLEASE do come by - please do.[/quote]
Thought you were done with me...So you're a pussy and a liar...[/quote]

Please, people. This is borderline retarded. I just read through this and felt like I was on a forum with two 80 lb jr highers arguing to each other, "Oh yeah, bring it on! You don't know what your messin with, I'm like 6-5 250 lbs, and could take you any day."
Please, just stop.
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

There sure is a lot of venom on here...

What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.