Tevis Bartlett Update

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
BJC
A Real Cowboy

Sounds like the wife and I in the mornings. ....minus the violence at least :popcorn:
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Diversion-

http://www.ramnation.com/message_board/ ... 541096.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

So this kid's one of the best recruits to come out of Wyoming in a while - but honestly, what are his chances that he'll play in the NFL one day regardless of where he ends up going?

If I had been offered a scholarship to get my CS degree at Stanford instead of UW, I would've jumped at that, no matter how much I love Wyoming. Similar thoughts may have made it into this fine young man's head.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Imagine that, the mods let Dino spew his crap all over Wyonation again and people start arguing with him like crazy until it turns crazy.
Look at every argument Dino has been in with people, they are all started and further escalated by Dino. Boot him, get rid of him, I just want to hear about how he is a CSU fan after he gets banned from Wyo.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

Asmodeanreborn wrote:So this kid's one of the best recruits to come out of Wyoming in a while - but honestly, what are his chances that he'll play in the NFL one day regardless of where he ends up going?

If I had been offered a scholarship to get my CS degree at Stanford instead of UW, I would've jumped at that, no matter how much I love Wyoming. Similar thoughts may have made it into this fine young man's head.
If he is one of the best to come out of Wyoming is a while....I'd say his chances are decent. There are currently 3 or 4 players from Wyoming on NFL rosters.

He could be a stud at Wyoming or just another roster spot at Stanford or Oregon. Guess it depends on a few factors. For example, if he wants to wrestle in college.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 150 times

ItsuckstobeACS, am I the only one finding your mockery of ACS in your handle ironic considering your attacks on Dino? And beaverpoke, I believe you have the record for fights with other people.

If the odds play out, tevis won't ever be in the NFL. Would you rather have been just another player on a Stanford team that no one will remember or someone who will be remembered by his home state? The chances of him being a standout are better at Wyoming. Again, not saying he couldn't at Stanford or Oregon
W-Y, Until I Die!
Cheywypoke
Ranch Hand

Sorry to interrupt the discussion at the kiddy table, but no one has brought up the fact that Bartlett is also a nationally ranked wrestler. If he wasn't a football player he'd be a highly sought after grappler. Disappointingly, Vorel didn't even touch on that or ask the question that I want to know most. Are any of the schools recruiting Bartlett willing to allow him to wrestle? The rumor was that Christensen was going to allow him to pursue both sports. Is Bohl? Oregon doesn't have a wrestling program. Stanford does. Will they allow him to be a two-sport athlete? This may or may not weigh into Tevis' decision, however, it may be something that might tip the scale one way or the other.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 65 times
Been liked: 233 times

Cheywypoke wrote:Sorry to interrupt the discussion at the kiddy table, but no one has brought up the fact that Bartlett is also a nationally ranked wrestler. If he wasn't a football player he'd be a highly sought after grappler. Disappointingly, Vorel didn't even touch on that or ask the question that I want to know most. Are any of the schools recruiting Bartlett willing to allow him to wrestle? The rumor was that Christensen was going to allow him to pursue both sports. Is Bohl? Oregon doesn't have a wrestling program. Stanford does. Will they allow him to be a two-sport athlete? This may or may not weigh into Tevis' decision, however, it may be something that might tip the scale one way or the other.
Thank you for pointing this out (which was brought up about Bartlett in the Basketball and Wrestling forums previously).

In a previously published article, Bartlett stated that he wanted to play football in college but that he was not ready to give up wrestling. Bartlett is already one of the best High School wrestlers in state history and will undoubtedly be a top-10 nationally ranked wrestler in his weight as a senior. Bohl would be crazy to deny Bartlett the opportunity to play two-sports at Wyoming. And some of you may remember another successful former Wrestler/Football player at Wyoming (Dusty Hoffschneider).
Cheywypoke
Ranch Hand

OrediggerPoke wrote:
Cheywypoke wrote:Sorry to interrupt the discussion at the kiddy table, but no one has brought up the fact that Bartlett is also a nationally ranked wrestler. If he wasn't a football player he'd be a highly sought after grappler. Disappointingly, Vorel didn't even touch on that or ask the question that I want to know most. Are any of the schools recruiting Bartlett willing to allow him to wrestle? The rumor was that Christensen was going to allow him to pursue both sports. Is Bohl? Oregon doesn't have a wrestling program. Stanford does. Will they allow him to be a two-sport athlete? This may or may not weigh into Tevis' decision, however, it may be something that might tip the scale one way or the other.
Thank you for pointing this out (which was brought up about Bartlett in the Basketball and Wrestling forums previously).

In a previously published article, Bartlett stated that he wanted to play football in college but that he was not ready to give up wrestling. Bartlett is already one of the best High School wrestlers in state history and will undoubtedly be a top-10 nationally ranked wrestler in his weight as a senior. Bohl would be crazy to deny Bartlett the opportunity to play two-sports at Wyoming. And some of you may remember another successful former Wrestler/Football player at Wyoming (Dusty Hoffschneider).
Seems to me that I've read somewhere that during the past year or so Tevis was ranked number 2 in the nation in his age and weight class. I can't verify that though. Just another thought, how about if Tevis accepts a wrestling scholarship to UW plus plays football. That way we're not using a valuable football scholarship on the best recruit in the class.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

Cheywypoke wrote:
Seems to me that I've read somewhere that during the past year or so Tevis was ranked number 2 in the nation in his age and weight class. I can't verify that though. Just another thought, how about if Tevis accepts a wrestling scholarship to UW plus plays football. That way we're not using a valuable football scholarship on the best recruit in the class.
He may have been the number 2 ranked wrestler in his specific class (i.e. freshman, sophmore), but I don't believe overall. Wrestling only gets 10 scholarships that are shared and I don't believe any wrestler has a full scholly. It only makes sense to offer him for football and allow him to wrestle (football schollys are all full schollys).
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Reading some of the opinions of recruiting analysts...few things.

-I won't totally give away Scout.com's article that requires a subscription, but long story short; Tevis flat out denied ever having Wyoming at #1.

-Stanford was great for him, but the recruiting folks are quick to point out that unless the Cardinal lose a commit, Tevis isn't getting an offer.

-Consensus is, Oregon is the heavy favorite. Should be Oregon vs. Wyoming, unless Tevis secretly holds Utah or Colorado in higher esteem than he seems to.

Gun to my head...I'd say he ends up a Duck, meaning he would play vs. Wyoming at WMS in 2017. But this is far from over with...I bet Bohl had a plan for Tevis...Bohl won't pounce until he needs to. Expect a full court press on Tevis from the staff come January.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

J-Rod wrote:Reading some of the opinions of recruiting analysts...few things.

-I won't totally give away Scout.com's article that requires a subscription, but long story short; Tevis flat out denied ever having Wyoming at #1.
-Stanford was great for him, but the recruiting folks are quick to point out that unless the Cardinal lose a commit, Tevis isn't getting an offer.

-Consensus is, Oregon is the heavy favorite. Should be Oregon vs. Wyoming, unless Tevis secretly holds Utah or Colorado in higher esteem than he seems to.

Gun to my head...I'd say he ends up a Duck, meaning he would play vs. Wyoming at WMS in 2017. But this is far from over with...I bet Bohl had a plan for Tevis...Bohl won't pounce until he needs to. Expect a full court press on Tevis from the staff come January.
This is a cut and paste from a Rivals article. IMO, Rivals covers Wyoming better than Scout. Also, who wrote the Scout article you are referring to? Not denying that Oregon is now up there, but this article suggests he had Wyoming as his #1 choice at some point.

"It helped me realize I wanted to stay closer to home than to be clear out on the east coast. It is a lot different lifestyle out there," he said.

The Wyoming football coaches would like to help that dream become a reality. They, along with Colorado and Colorado State have offered Bartlett scholarships to continue his football career in the Rocky Mountains. Thus far, Bartlett said, Wyoming may be his top choice, although he also holds a high opinion of both CU and CSU.

"Wyoming - I like how close it is to home," he said. "I like that it is my home state. I like the coaching staff. They are great. Right now they are probably my top choice as far as a school. Colorado, I like their staff and I like Boulder. It is a really nice town. It is a BCS school, which is good and higher competition. They are my second choice. CSU would be my third. Their coaching staff is doing a real good job. They came in and won a bowl game, so that is moving in the right direction.

"Wyoming has been talking to me and sending stuff in the mail all the time, "Bartlett said Sunday. "They say that they want me to come in and play quarterback. Hopefully step in and make an immediate impact."
Last edited by JimmyDimes on Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

J-Rod wrote:Well, this settles that.
https://twitter.com/mikevorel/status/494538205085962240
Well that is a bummer and not good news for Wyoming.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Right here Jimmy...
There has been a lot of talk about Wyoming being Bartlett's favorite school. The Cowboys have known Bartlett for a long time and have offered him the option to wrestle (he is an All-American wrestler) as well as play quarterback for them. Bartlett claimed the rumors about Wyoming weren't true.

"I don't have a favorite right now," Barlett stated. "Wyoming is certainly high on my list, but they aren't my #1 school. At this point, me and my family need to sit down and process everything we saw this summer. We will weigh out pros and cons and then see where we stand. As of now, the plan is to make a list of top schools and then take official visits this fall. I'll take as many trips as necessary before I find the school for me. I'm not going to waste any schools time or money. I will only take official visits to colleges that I could really see myself playing at."
DocHolliday
Cowpoke

Doc Holliday told me he apologizes for his extreme Wyoming passion and or bias.

Doc told me that he only wants what is best for Wyoming.

Doc is more than bullish on Wyoming.

Wyatt told him to go to Glenwood Springs...but Doc choose Cheyenne instead.

Tevis Bartlett is meeting with Doc later today.

Doc is supremely confident that Tevis will stay stateside.

He'll be a Cowboy.

Go Pokes.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

DocHolliday wrote: Tevis Bartlett is meeting with Doc later today.
I'm pretty certain that's an NCAA violation. Let Bohl and co. do their jobs.
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

Cheywypoke wrote:Seems to me that I've read somewhere that during the past year or so Tevis was ranked number 2 in the nation in his age and weight class. I can't verify that though. Just another thought, how about if Tevis accepts a wrestling scholarship to UW plus plays football. That way we're not using a valuable football scholarship on the best recruit in the class.
Looks like FloWrestling has Tevis ranked 7th heading into his senior year at 195. I recall Johnke writing an article mentioning a source within the athletics department telling him Durbin left for Iowa State allegedly because Christensen wouldn't let him wrestle. If Tevis is interested, hopefully Bohl would accomodate to seal the deal.

http://www.flowrestling.org/speaker/17848

EDIT: Just saw the Vorel tweet.
DocHolliday
Cowpoke

J-Rod wrote:
Sorry, but Doc & Tavis are sharing a Sarsaparilla later today over at the Grub & Pub.
BJC
A Real Cowboy

DocHolliday wrote:
J-Rod wrote:
Sorry, but Doc & Tavis are sharing a Sarsaparilla later today over at the Grub & Pub.
Nothing wrong with media meeting with a recruit....... :whistle:

Just no pics with bags of cash or cars!