The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
WYOBISONMAN
Ranch Hand

mwc fan wrote:
WYOBISONMAN wrote:
fromolwyoming wrote:The Good-

Offensive play calling. Let's face it. Vigen had some questionable plays called. Like throwing it on 3rd and short. I know you want to build up Colby's confidence, and I think that first pass in the 2nd quarter did it, but force Montana to stop the run when they are having trouble doing that.
Vigen was the weak link at NDSU. During our two down seasons many of us felt his play calling was an issue. He seemed to improve significantly the last 3 years, but at times I wonder if that was because of the talent of the players, him maturing into the position of OC, or a little of both. Right now the offense seems to be lacking in talent. As Bohl and Co. are able to recruit better talent (and they surely will), it will be interesting to see how the play calling for the offense goes.

What areas do you see the Cowboys lacking in talent? Let's compare it to the last three NDSU championship teams. I know the most glaring position would be Qb followed by O line depth. Elaborate a little more on your thoughts.
Absolutely the o-line. A solid o-line is key. I also think the QB seemed weak.... But then again a better offensive line could make it all look better.