The Laramie Dome

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Maybe some of you have already answered this question, but why couldn't Laramie get a dome similar to that of the FargoDome? What is the biggest hang-ups besides funding it? Could we really get a dome for 50 million?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fargodome" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Seats 19k people. I am convinced that weather does have an influence on recruits.

Would Wyoming residents be okay with tax increases for a dome? Try to be objective as possible. I realize the "Cowboy Tough" mantra we all throw out there, blah blah blah. But is that reality?

We sit and read lack of attendance, etc. The Montana game lost thousands of fans between the delays. I realize that road conditions have a lot to do with it, but I would man the roads if I knew I wasn't going to freeze my butt off.

I guess I am having issues seeing $259M spent on capital upgrades.
http://wyofile.com/gregory_nickerson/wy ... enovation/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

What say you fellas?
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Whoever the dope was that declined Coors offer in the 80s/90s to build us a dome should be strung up. We absolutely need a dome. These weather delays and cold night games have got to go. Its hard to ask fans to drive from Jackson for a game at 8pm in the middle of November.

Money cannot be the issue. There has got be something else going on behind the scenes. Wyoming NEEDS A DOME!
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

It would be nice if a reporter would pick that up and do some research on what happened with the old coors dome. I've heard about it for years (in person and on here) - yet, trying to find any information about it is next to impossible.

Dome it Dammit!
djm19
WyoNation Addict

Let's get Vorel on it
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

djm19 wrote:Let's get Vorel on it
Do we have a direct line....The Vorel Phone!
DocHolliday
Cowpoke

I would want NOTHING to do with a Domed facility for the Pokes - ever.

A domed facility would destroy the entire fabric and the atmosphere surrounding Wyoming Football IMO.

The War is a gorgeous stadium with an almost perfect aesthetic quality to it...a dome would present a sterilized environment and take away a crucial component of what Wyoming football and the entire state stands for.

I like the cold, I embrace the weather...Wyoming will never have a domed stadium.

Nor should they ever.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

DocHolliday wrote:I would want NOTHING to do with a Domed facility for the Pokes - ever.

A domed facility would destroy the entire fabric and the atmosphere surrounding Wyoming Football IMO.

The War is a gorgeous stadium with an almost perfect aesthetic quality to it...a dome would present a sterilized environment and take away a crucial component of what Wyoming football and the entire state stands for.

I like the cold, I embrace the weather...Wyoming will never have a domed stadium.

Nor should they ever.
How? I absolutely agree the War is beautiful but so is feeling in my toes. Ive sat my happy ass through a ton of freezing cold games where I 100% assure you my pride as a Cowboy fan would not have been affected sitting in a climate controlled dome. I would have loved it. As would the rest of the crowd.
Last edited by ItSucksToBeACSURam on Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

DocHolliday wrote:I would want NOTHING to do with a Domed facility for the Pokes - ever.

Nor should they ever.
Agree....play football outdoors where it should be played. The problems is driving to and from Laramie. Dome the roads and we are on to something.

Go Pokes!
GoPokes86
Cowpoke
Been liked: 10 times

The main problem is getting people in and out of Laramie, even with a dome you'd still only get the students and a the fans from Laramie. Let's bore a tunnel from Casper to Laramie and one from Cheyenne to Laramie!
Cuttslam
WyoNation Addict

Can't even fix the ghetto west side and you want to talk about a dome.
I BLEED BROWN AND GOLD.
Cuttslam
WyoNation Addict

DP
I BLEED BROWN AND GOLD.
Cuttslam
WyoNation Addict

djm19 wrote:Maybe some of you have already answered this question, but why couldn't Laramie get a dome similar to that of the FargoDome? What is the biggest hang-ups besides funding it? Could we really get a dome for 50 million?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fargodome" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Seats 19k people. I am convinced that weather does have an influence on recruits.

Would Wyoming residents be okay with tax increases for a dome? Try to be objective as possible. I realize the "Cowboy Tough" mantra we all throw out there, blah blah blah. But is that reality?

We sit and read lack of attendance, etc. The Montana game lost thousands of fans between the delays. I realize that road conditions have a lot to do with it, but I would man the roads if I knew I wasn't going to freeze my butt off.

I guess I am having issues seeing $259M spent on capital upgrades.
http://wyofile.com/gregory_nickerson/wy ... enovation/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

What say you fellas?
We do have a dome, its called the AA and it routinely has more empty seats than fans watching.
I BLEED BROWN AND GOLD.
djm19
WyoNation Addict

And the AA had zero to do w/football.

I don't give a crap that "football is supposed to be played outside" stuff. Fact: weather in Laramie isn't an "advantage" when it makes our guys slower too, fumble too and have 8k people in attendance. Espn hates coming to Laramie in the fall also.

If the state can shell out $259M for state capital, it's time to crown the war.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

djm19 wrote:And the AA had zero to do w/football.

I don't give a crap that "football is supposed to be played outside" stuff. Fact: weather in Laramie isn't an "advantage" when it makes our guys slower too, fumble too and have 8k people in attendance. Espn hates coming to Laramie in the fall also.

If the state can shell out $259M for state capital, it's time to crown the war.
:bow:
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

I too have heard for years about this supposed "Coors Dome" and the more I think about it and as I learned more and more about college athletics administration, the more I think this is totally bogus. First off, that's a lot of money for a company to shell out, naming rights sure, but the cost of an entire dome...seems far fetched. And even if the offer was made, to completely turn them down is REALLY bad business, at least make a counter for some of that money they were supposedly wanting to throw our way.

Maybe it did happen, but as WyoBrandX alluded to, I've only heard rumor and conjecture and no real proof that this ACTUALLY took place. My :twocents: It's a bunch of BS. Maybe one of the more experienced (I.E. Older) members of the board can shed some light on this mystery.
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

A domed football stadium that Seats 19k? Seriously?! Yep, it's official, this place is getting more and more small minded. And if we say,"Dome up what we have", I almost would garuntee we'd lose more seating!
So we dome it at 25k, then we get good. Myabe Bohl gets us back to national prominence, and we are selling out, welp, we just screwed ourselves of growing the stadium. You can also forget teams like Texas and Virginia wanting to come and play in front of a sellout of 25k.

It's funny that this is brought up after a game that had warm weather.
CowBoyL
Buckaroo

GoPokes86 wrote:The main problem is getting people in and out of Laramie, even with a dome you'd still only get the students and a the fans from Laramie. Let's bore a tunnel from Casper to Laramie and one from Cheyenne to Laramie!
...And don't forget a domed road from Denver as well, that bypasses I-25. I get the joys of dealing with traffic AND weather for every game. I'm liking where this is going...
DocHolliday
Cowpoke

This is an insane topic, it's a horrendous pipe dream, it will never happen...

Wyoming Cowboys Football, outside, forever.
johnywyo
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 1 time

I think we should "dome" Yellowstone Park. Think about the increase in the Japanese and Chinese tourists showing up to discover WTF buffalo and elk look like with a glossy look embedded in their vision. Zero red eye when they shoot a million photos for their journals to the great NorthWest. The only thing Coors should do is be an exclusive distributor for brews served in the frosty cans that show that it's cold pasteurized and shipped directly to concession areas, easily purchased and consumed in an area designated and perhaps enclosed in the North endzone. I actually hate the synthetic surface, but can live with the mountains nicely portrayed at either end. Let 7220 stand for what it is, a great destination where you can and most likely will freeze your ass off in November, but glorify it in all its natural beauty.
At the molecular level all mankind is a brilliant super-nova.
djm19
WyoNation Addict

Dome 2020