Jordan Stanton's Hit

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
knhendon
Buckaroo

Jordan Stanton's hit and forced fumble on Air Force's running back was epic.

I can't believe more people aren't going for Calhoun and his medical staff for letting a knocked out player (#32 Hart) return to the game.

Hart was knocked out after Stanton's hit - - the TV announcers knew it, the Air Force players taking Hart off the field knew it, and the TV viewers knew it from the replays.

Calhoun put Hart back in and continued have him get punished by our D.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

JS is a stud, say no more
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 233 times

stymeman wrote:JS is a stud, say no more
Agreed. I believe he will get an NFL shot.
DVDA
A Real Cowboy

Does anyone have a video of the hit?
COS Cowboy
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

stymeman wrote:JS is a stud, say no more
He is MW defensive player of the week.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

knhendon wrote:Jordan Stanton's hit and forced fumble on Air Force's running back was epic.

I can't believe more people aren't going for Calhoun and his medical staff for letting a knocked out player (#32 Hart) return to the game.

Hart was knocked out after Stanton's hit - - the TV announcers knew it, the Air Force players taking Hart off the field knew it, and the TV viewers knew it from the replays.

Calhoun put Hart back in and continued have him get punished by our D.
Hart should have been ejected for leading with his helmet - the piece of poop. :whistle:
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Slow Hand
Cowpoke

Every coaching staff in D1 puts immense pressure on kids to play hurt! The general public only hears about a few. I guarantee that on a weekly basis there are players with broken bones, concussions, and other ailments that would normally keep them out of a high school practice or competition playing in all D1 camps. WYOMING INCLUDED! I personally know of kids playing with broken bones, dislocated joints that have been reduced, and significant soft tissue injuries. The bottom line is they know if they don't practice they will lose their chance for playing time, unless you are a proven player like Dom was this summer.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

anyone have a a gif of the hit?
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

I just re-watched the hit on DVR. Hart went a little limp on the hit. A few seconds later, when the pile was moved off of him, he got up fairly normally. All the tv guys said about it is that he had taken some big hits. The only mention of him being knocked out or having a concussion is on here.
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

I think it was the way he went limp and wasn't even attempting to cover the ball that makes it look like he was knocked out.
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

and the fact that when he got hit his hands dropped and he slumped to the left...and had no mind to cover up the ball
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

KTFO. Knocked The f-word Out.
BackHarlowRoad
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 4 times

kdwrightuwyo wrote:I just re-watched the hit on DVR. Hart went a little limp on the hit. A few seconds later, when the pile was moved off of him, he got up fairly normally. All the tv guys said about it is that he had taken some big hits. The only mention of him being knocked out or having a concussion is on here.
What condition causes your body to go limp after taking a hit to the head other than a concussion? If you know of one I'd love to learn about it.
BJC
A Real Cowboy

You can get hit and temp drop your hands but.......he laid on the ground. No idea how he could go back. :cry:
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

BackHarlowRoad wrote:
kdwrightuwyo wrote:I just re-watched the hit on DVR. Hart went a little limp on the hit. A few seconds later, when the pile was moved off of him, he got up fairly normally. All the tv guys said about it is that he had taken some big hits. The only mention of him being knocked out or having a concussion is on here.
What condition causes your body to go limp after taking a hit to the head other than a concussion? If you know of one I'd love to learn about it.
Hey man, I'm not saying that he was or wasn't knocked out. Just stating what I saw, heard, and read.
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

http://once.unicornmedia.com/now/od/aut ... d=11481019" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

He def "got his bell rung" and with the precautions put in place to protect from head injuries he never should have gone back in.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

Yeah, he is either completely out, or damn near it. Again, I hate to even resemble "defending" Calhoun (cause he's a dick), but 99.9% of this is on the Sports Medicine staff. If they told coach he was good to go, no way does he think otherwise. Now if the docs told him the player was done and he put him back in anyway, that's grounds for immediate termination, but I very much doubt that that is what happened.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

WestWYOPoke wrote:Yeah, he is either completely out, or damn near it. Again, I hate to even resemble "defending" Calhoun (cause he's a dick), but 99.9% of this is on the Sports Medicine staff. If they told coach he was good to go, no way does he think otherwise. Now if the docs told him the player was done and he put him back in anyway, that's grounds for immediate termination, but I very much doubt that that is what happened.
I have no idea what the words were that the trainer used, but I watched him administer the test and #32 was wobbly and couldn't balance or do any of the tests they put him through and then the trainer walked away shaking his head...
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

Hmm...so there was certainly a disconnect somewhere, either the trainer fudged things, or the doc got a different opinion when he examined him, or Calhoun said screw it and put him back in. Whichever way it was, it was completely incompetent and someone should be fired because of this...2 years in a row we've seen this, not to mention how many instances of this we haven't been witness to, completely unacceptable.