Wyoming Basketball team

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
cowboysfan33
Ranch Hand

I was lucky enough to attend the game in person this weekend and was incredibly impressed by what i saw. The team work is outstanding! They looked very good on both sides of the ball. And that is the best ive seen the AA as far as attendence and crowd noise in at least 10 years. I am very excited to see how this season plays out. I personally think the sky is the limit for this team and believe they can win the conference championship. Any other believers or am i being too optimistic??? Let me know how you all feel :)

the score , oh the score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 116 times

I'm right there with you. After the game this weekend my group of friends and I decided to book our trip to the MWC tournament in Vegas this year. This team is scary good.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 318 times
Been liked: 125 times

I don't know the last time I believed this:

There isn't a team on the schedule we cannot beat. Not one.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

Sensational TEAM effort, both offensively and defensively, against CU. The Buffs were totally demoralized with under 10 minutes to go in the second half. As a fan, it doesn't get any better than last Saturday in the AA.

Let's see how the Pokes react against a couple of pretty good squads (Cal and SMU) on the road, though. We'll have a good indication of just where they're at, then.
cowboysfan33
Ranch Hand

McPeachy wrote:I don't know the last time I believed this:

That is awesome! You are right about that . Of course we will lose a few but this team is really good! I too am tempted to book for the MWC championship. Gonna wait a couple weeks and decide. The last one i went to was in the marcus bailey days. I hope we can pull off one of those tough road games with cal or smu. Should see some top 25 votes today too.
cowboysfan33
Ranch Hand

Thanks for your replies guys. I truly love reading your opinions and it helps me realize that im not losing it here lol. @wyo and Mcpeachy . I know just from reading on here that you guys know your pokes so its nice to know that im not alone in thinking that this team could be the best we have had in a very loooong time.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 615 times
Been liked: 248 times

So the AA was rocking??? I remember games when I was a kid that you couldn't hear the person next to you it was so loud.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 318 times
Been liked: 125 times

LanderPoke wrote:So the AA was rocking??? I remember games when I was a kid that you couldn't hear the person next to you it was so loud.
It was close...I will say that. Not quite 2002-esque. Quite a few empty lower bowl seats for some reason, and quite a few left in the upper areas as well (attendance was probably sold tickets, not butts in seats IMO).

Saw a douchebag CU fan sitting in the front row (chairs on the floor) and I just wonder how the f-word that is allowed to happen. If I were near him, I would have been on his ass all game!

:willybs:
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
cowboysfan33
Ranch Hand

LanderPoke wrote:So the AA was rocking??? I remember games when I was a kid that you couldn't hear the person next to you it was so loud.
I do too. Never said this was the loudest its ever been...... :? I said it was rocking as in I havent seen it that way in the least for several years now.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

McPeachy wrote:
It was close...I will say that. Not quite 2002-esque. Quite a few empty lower bowl seats for some reason, and quite a few left in the upper areas as well (attendance was probably sold tickets, not butts in seats IMO).

Saw a douchebag CU fan sitting in the front row (chairs on the floor) and I just wonder how the f-word that is allowed to happen. If I were near him, I would have been on his ass all game!

I sit in section M and there were a number of "them" in our section too. They got pretty riled up and made a bunch of noise in the first half. The second half they were MUCH quiter and the people around really heckled them. They were obviously quite miffed. It was awesome. What a fantastic game. On to the next though, FAMU. Ill be there +5
BigPurp278
Buckaroo

McPeachy wrote:

They're not letting people move down into the lower bowl if they don't have tickets.. This goes for students as well.. No matter how late in the game it is.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Agreed. This is also a rare moment where I think that can be said with no homerism involved.

No BeaverPoke craziness here (How's that win over Boise coming, BP?)....I legitimately think this team could win one or both of the MW titles this season (regular season and tourney).

Only fan not super excited about this team is wyokie. :P
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

Just to bring in reality. Yes, we are 4-0! Totally excited about that. But, who have we beat? And where have we beat them?
Yes, we beat CU, and I will take nothing away from that win! I was all about that beat down. But every game we've played has been in Laramie.

I guess before I'm completely sold on this year, I want to see how we travel and play. That's not an excuse, that is legit. I've seen Cowboy teams in the past who could do no wrong in Laramie, but failed miserably away from 7220.
I hope we continue to dominate in the Dome of Doom! And I hope we go on the road and proove that we are legit wherever we play on the hardwood!
With that said, Go POKES! Beat Stetson and go and take it to Cal and SMU on the road!
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

J-Rod wrote:

Agreed. This is also a rare moment where I think that can be said with no homerism involved.

No BeaverPoke craziness here (How's that win over Boise coming, BP?)....I legitimately think this team could win one or both of the MW titles this season (regular season and tourney).

Only fan not super excited about this team is wyokie. :P
Lol hey I didn't guarantee the win. And I surely wasn't the only that predicted Wyo to win.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.