I Believe!

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

joshvanklomp wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:Not to mention two of the schools in our conference do it-Utah State and San Diego State.
Why does this matter?
Because some cheers are meant to be universal, and some are not.
This is not.

What's the point of tradition if everyone does it?

Like the Beer Song. That is our song. Not anyone elses.

I believe that we will win, is Utah States.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

BeaverPoke wrote:I believe that we will win, is Utah States.
Except it's not. As people have already stated.

Utah State does the chant, but it is not their chant.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

joshvanklomp wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:I believe that we will win, is Utah States.
Except it's not. As people have already stated.

Utah State does the chant, but it is not their chant.
Utah State has done the chant for years. I don't want to start copying it. Plain and simple. It's not ours, let's not do it.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

Yeah that chant is dumb as hell. I am all for the students getting chants going but not that one for the simple fact that you are copying another fan base. And no most people don't associate it with soccer. I guess soccer fans might but anyone who watches college basketball knows where the chants came from in hoops.

Come up with your own thing don't look like a dumb ass that can't think of something yourself and copy everyone else. Even if there are some who associate it with soccer don't copy soccer fans.

Be nice if we could get a student body that actually could think for themselves.

Beaverpoke is right also. Utah St started that chant years ago in their student section and maybe they got it from soccer but they were the first to do it in college basketball and then San Diego St. started copying them. Anyone who watches college basketball knows this.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

BeaverPoke wrote:
joshvanklomp wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:Not to mention two of the schools in our conference do it-Utah State and San Diego State.
Why does this matter?
Like the Beer Song. That is our song.
Uh, except Iowa does it too...and probably did it before us....point is, there is almost nothing original when it comes to cheers, chants, etc.
carbonpoke
A Real Cowboy

Im telling u...

The oxygen chant needs to be our claim to the chanting world. We own elevation.

I dont like using somebody else crap either... to band wagon for me.
Cosmic Cowboy
A Real Cowboy

Hell a simple dome of doom chant would work. Just keep repeating that poop when we're on defense. It's not that hard to start some :fuel: It's always good to key in opposing players and know a thing or two as well :cool: Just make noise and creative ideas will come from someone in there. Helps to drink and get loose.
Riding High!!!
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Just stick with ,"f-word em up f-word em up, go Wyo!"
Dutchnation
Ranch Hand

I love the newspaper tradition. I used to love....." And now...starting at forward, the 6'5" senior from San Antonio, TX. Fennnnnnnnnnnissssssssssssss Demmmmmboooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" and then the crowd would take all of the branding irons that they were shaking during the opponent introductions, ball them up and throw them onto the floor. It would take 10 minutes for the already ready broom crew to get them all off the court. I would pay a lot of money to experience the AA like that again. Too bad our student section sucks ass. It is embarrassing watching these games on TV and seeing the empty seats right behind the benches. I hate living in Iowa....and being so far away. I would go straight to the student section and help them. Hopefully, we can continue to win and our students can put away their video games and cell phones for a couple hours and watch THEIR ridiculously good team.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 45 times

fromolwyoming wrote:Just stick with ,"f-word em up f-word em up, go Wyo!"

hell ya i'm all for this one!!!
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 45 times

Dutchnation wrote:I love the newspaper tradition. I used to love....." And now...starting at forward, the 6'5" senior from San Antonio, TX. Fennnnnnnnnnnissssssssssssss Demmmmmboooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" and then the crowd would take all of the branding irons that they were shaking during the opponent introductions, ball them up and throw them onto the floor. It would take 10 minutes for the already ready broom crew to get them all off the court. I would pay a lot of money to experience the AA like that again. Too bad our student section sucks ass. It is embarrassing watching these games on TV and seeing the empty seats right behind the benches. I hate living in Iowa....and being so far away. I would go straight to the student section and help them. Hopefully, we can continue to win and our students can put away their video games and cell phones for a couple hours and watch THEIR ridiculously good team.

I'm not really excited about the new student section as I can't be a part of it anymore, but oh well guess it's time to "grow up" somewhat...lol
Our Student Section hasn't been good since my days with Slater, Ratliff etc....never got to go to any games living in Buffalo during the Fennis Eric days but seeing it on tv and hearing about it, sure wish i was a year or 2 older...lol
Until these students learn that they are going to a game to be a factor, it's really not going to get any better...oh well, the times we live in nowadays
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times

That will drive the Gestapo crazy.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Bash the students all ya want but security and event staff police the poop out of the area and wanna kick out anyone for cheering too loud. Not the students fault they feel watched and wanna stay quiet.
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times

IMO the event staff should moderate the students (and everyone else too) the way this board is moderated - very loosely. But then they should set lines that can't be crossed, and if they are, then action should be taken. It's not that difficult.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
Cowduck
Cowpoke

BeaverPoke wrote:Bash the students all ya want but security and event staff police the poop out of the area and wanna kick out anyone for cheering too loud. Not the students fault they feel watched and wanna stay quiet.
If the whole student section is equally rowdy, they can't kick everyone out. Everybody has to raise the bar. But I seriously doubt they're kicking anybody out just for being too loud. I suspect it's for being "abusive" to opponents or refs. From what I gather, the campus police are ruining things by PBTing students at the dorms after the games - is this the case?

I think the students need to organize a supporters group to:

1. Research and distribute info on the opponent for heckling purposes
2. Organize and start chants and cheers
3. Distribute T-shirts, copies of the BI, and other props
4. Bring concerns about security/police overzealousness to Shyatt so that he can address them.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Cowduck wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:Bash the students all ya want but security and event staff police the poop out of the area and wanna kick out anyone for cheering too loud. Not the students fault they feel watched and wanna stay quiet.
If the whole student section is equally rowdy, they can't kick everyone out. Everybody has to raise the bar. But I seriously doubt they're kicking anybody out just for being too loud. I suspect it's for being "abusive" to opponents or refs. From what I gather, the campus police are ruining things by PBTing students at the dorms after the games - is this the case?

I think the students need to organize a supporters group to:

1. Research and distribute info on the opponent for heckling purposes
2. Organize and start chants and cheers
3. Distribute T-shirts, copies of the BI, and other props
4. Bring concerns about security/police overzealousness to Shyatt so that he can address them.
I wasnt being literal about being too loud.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 317 times
Been liked: 124 times

Although I enjoy that chant...CU owns it. :rofl:
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

McPeachy wrote:
Yeah, done them SO much good against us. :rofl:
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 317 times
Been liked: 124 times

fromolwyoming wrote:
McPeachy wrote:
Well...yes and no.

The hairy cows own us on the football field 24 - 3 - 1.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

McPeachy wrote:
fromolwyoming wrote:
McPeachy wrote:
Well...yes and no.

The hairy cows own us on the football field 24 - 3 - 1.
This is basketball forum. Besides, the fluffs haven't been to Laramie in football since before the War was built. Should tell you a few things.