McDonald's All-Americans

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 105 times

3 of our 2015 recruits have been nominated to the McDonald's All-American team. Justin James, Jordan Naughton, and Austin Conway.
https://twitter.com/JJ_IsTheName/status ... 7099758592 https://twitter.com/aurorasports/status ... 8038645761 https://twitter.com/mikevorel/status/555788046248181760
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

Awesome.....best recruiting class in ages.
Cosmic Cowboy
A Real Cowboy

WOW!!! Maybe I'm not so scared for the future after all!
Riding High!!!
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

Cosmic Cowboy wrote:WOW!!! Maybe I'm not so scared for the future after all!
This class is going to take the program to the next level. Add in Moemeka (a Derek Cooke with more skill) and this class is all we could hope for....speed and size.
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OUR FUTURE IS SCREWED!!!! JUMP OFF THE CLIFF!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Cosmic Cowboy wrote:WOW!!! Maybe I'm not so scared for the future after all!
:lol: The future is bright. I think we'll be able to replace reasonably well all our production except Larry. That's a huge hole, so I think that equates to a top-half-of-the-conference finish. I think Morris Marshall can be very Luke Matinez-esque. That should help ease the loss of so many upper classmen
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Just remember, these are only nominations. At this point, I guess I'd be surprised if any of them are actually selected for the game.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
Cosmic Cowboy
A Real Cowboy

We still need more bigs I think. The scariest part is all these dudes are gonna have to come in here ready to play Mountain West level hoops. It's a high caliber conference. The paint is for men not boys in this conference.
Riding High!!!
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

Cosmic Cowboy wrote:We still need more bigs I think. The scariest part is all these dudes are gonna have to come in here ready to play Mountain West level hoops. It's a high caliber conference. The paint is for men not boys in this conference.
Next year we'll have:

Herndon - 6'9" or 6'10"
Barnes - 6'10"
Naughton - 6'9"
Moemeka - 6'8"

and

James - 6'7" shooting guard

None of these guys will be upperclassmen next year.
Last edited by JimmyDimes on Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

joshvanklomp wrote:Just remember, these are only nominations. At this point, I guess I'd be surprised if any of them are actually selected for the game.
Just being nominated suggest they are good players.....regardless of if they make the final cut or not.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

JimmyDimes wrote:
Cosmic Cowboy wrote:We still need more bigs I think. The scariest part is all these dudes are gonna have to come in here ready to play Mountain West level hoops. It's a high caliber conference. The paint is for men not boys in this conference.
Next year we'll have:

Herndon - 6'9" or 6'10"
Barnes - 6'10"
Naughton - 6'9"
Moemeka - 6'8"

and

James - 6'7" shooting guard

None of these guys will be upperclassmen next year.
Also 6'8" Tyrell Williams
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Looking ahead, what do people think the starting 5 and rotation will be next year?
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Been liked: 2 times

Adams at PG/SG (obviously)
McManamen at PG
Herndon at SF/PF
Barnes at C
Liebermen at PG maybe?
djm19
WyoNation Addict

joshvanklomp wrote:Just remember, these are only nominations. At this point, I guess I'd be surprised if any of them are actually selected for the game.
Are you really that dumb? "Just nominations?" What a great accomplishment for future Pokes. Dam.

We have nominees for the All American game and still cynical?

Well...ahhh....uhhh...... We had a Heisman nominee, but....uhhhhh........errrrrrrrrrr...........he didn't win, so, yeah....he must not be THAT good. :tickedoff:
djm19
WyoNation Addict

joshvanklomp wrote:Looking ahead, what do people think the starting 5 and rotation will be next year?
So hard to say. These new guys can come in and make a huge impact early. Adams is the only sure thing. Maybe Herndon. Outside of that, I truly think it is up for grabs.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Trey Washington
Josh Adams
Jason McManamen
Alan Herndon
Jonathon Barnes
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
Wyolie Coyote
Cowpoke

Conway
Adams
Marshall/James
Herndon
Barnes
Cosmic Cowboy
A Real Cowboy

Well I think we have the right to believe next year is gonna be a rebuilding one most likely. The year after that we should be back in the top 5. Then after that top 3 again. If we reload properly throughout then we stay top 3 until Shyatt is done. Mission will be accomplished though as he hands over the keys to the next guy with a rebuilt powerhouse Wyoming! :rockon:
Riding High!!!
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

Cosmic Cowboy wrote:Well I think we have the right to believe next year is gonna be a rebuilding one most likely. The year after that we should be back in the top 5. Then after that top 3 again. If we reload properly throughout then we stay top 3 until Shyatt is done. Mission will be accomplished though as he hands over the keys to the next guy with a rebuilt powerhouse Wyoming! :rockon:
No doubt...next year is a rebuilding year. But even in a rebuilding year, the tools are there for a top half finish and a chance to compete. One thing is for sure.....we will look the part more than this year.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

Based on some of the things I have read I think Trey Washington will start along with Adams in the back court. Then you will have Herndon, Mac and one other big guy. Not sure which one yet.

They will probably end up red shirting one or two guys next year. Not sure which ones though unless Shyatt plans on using everyone.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….