UNLV "fan" harasses UNMs Greenwood.. Rebs get beat

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

Saw this posted... some asshat UNLV fan decided to harass New Mexico's Greenwood, who then beat UNLV over the head. The fan was posting tweets talking poop about Greenwood's mom having cancer.
http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-basket ... game-video" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://deadspin.com/unm-basketball-play ... 1681126399" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Anyways, if you have Twitter, report this guy, send him packing.
https://twitter.com/therebelasshole" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ImageImageImageImage
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Those tweets were unreal. Wow. I can't even write what I just saw from that guy. Teasing his mom about dying from cancer...kids dying from cancer. That was terrible. I would want nothing more than Wyoming fans to give this kid a warm Wyoming welcome when he is announced.

After Ruben Narcisse died, the next game was awesome from the opponent. I don't even remember who it was, I just remember the respect given and I was way impressed.

Okay, Wyoming students and fans who will be there Saturday, do what you gotta do to give this kid support.
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

At Texas. They had a moment of silence and had his pic up on their huge jumbo tron.
HornetPoke76
Buckaroo

I beleive the longhorn band played ragtime cowboy joe that game as well to show support. Very classy move by Texas.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

HornetPoke76 wrote:I beleive the longhorn band played ragtime cowboy joe that game as well to show support. Very classy move by Texas.
Yup they did a lot and it wasn't expected, Still have that game recorded.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 607 times
Been liked: 242 times

Speaking of Mr. Greenwood, we've got to shut him down. If he has a good game the Lobos usually win, if he has a bad game the Lobos usually lose.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

We should give Hugh Greenwood an applause when he is introduced or something and show some class. Then give them a tough time during the game without being disrespectful.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
wyopig
Ranch Hand

He's been very hot and cold this season. He's not typically much of a scorer (although he hit a shot to beat us in Laramie 2 years ago). I almost expect him to be coming in on somewhat of an emotional letdown. I don't expect him to go off on us.

I am happy that he had the last laugh on that Twitter troll. Greenwood is a pretty classy guy, as are all the Lobos since Neal took over. Right now, that program is the only one that I don't completely hate in the MWC. I flat out hate every other team in the conference.
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

wyopig wrote:He's been very hot and cold this season. He's not typically much of a scorer (although he hit a shot to beat us in Laramie 2 years ago). I almost expect him to be coming in on somewhat of an emotional letdown. I don't expect him to go off on us.

I am happy that he had the last laugh on that Twitter troll. Greenwood is a pretty classy guy, as are all the Lobos since Neal took over. Right now, that program is the only one that I don't completely hate in the MWC. I flat out hate every other team in the conference.
The Lobos have good fans for the most part, UNLV on the other hand -----
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
wyopig
Ranch Hand

WYCowboy wrote:
wyopig wrote:He's been very hot and cold this season. He's not typically much of a scorer (although he hit a shot to beat us in Laramie 2 years ago). I almost expect him to be coming in on somewhat of an emotional letdown. I don't expect him to go off on us.

The Lobos have good fans for the most part, UNLV on the other hand -----
:thumb:

UNLV, SDSU, and CSU fans really are the worst.
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

I've been appreciative of the love between players, a couple of weeks ago with the banter between Drmic and Nance and now with Nance and Greenwood.

Very classy.
Dutchnation
Ranch Hand

HornetPoke76 wrote:I beleive the longhorn band played ragtime cowboy joe that game as well to show support. Very classy move by Texas.

Yeah, I hate greenwood for all the right reasons. He is a really good player. I didn't know his mom had cancer and my thoughts and prayers go out to her and the family. my mom is a breast cancer survivor and it is an awful thing to go through.

on an entirely different topic.....the Michigan state band played ragtime joe before they ripped us a new one too. I thought that was pretty cool.
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

After watching my own mother battle cancer (she won, thank God) I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy!

That's dude is the worst kind of a piece of poop imaginable
disclaimer: I could be wrong. I've done it before...I'll probably do it again.

a high fallootin'...rootin' tootin' sonofa gun from 'ol WYOMIN'
HornetPoke76
Buckaroo

This might sound wrong to some but I do not plan on giving greenwood any special treatment.ill b on his ass just like any other opposing player. There are just some places you should not go and trashing a dude about his dying mother lands way below the belt. There will b plenty of things to holler at the lobos players without having to resort to classless low blows like that dumbass from unlv.Go Pokes!!
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

Seems appropriate

disclaimer: I could be wrong. I've done it before...I'll probably do it again.

a high fallootin'...rootin' tootin' sonofa gun from 'ol WYOMIN'
djm19
WyoNation Addict

HornetPoke76 wrote:This might sound wrong to some but I do not plan on giving greenwood any special treatment.ill b on his ass just like any other opposing player. There are just some places you should not go and trashing a dude about his dying mother lands way below the belt. There will b plenty of things to holler at the lobos players without having to resort to classless low blows like that dumbass from unlv.Go Pokes!!
I have no problem with giving someone the business in the game. Get in their head a little. I just also feel that many (me included) love the people of Wyoming and what kind of character they have. Giving the kid warm welcome to Wyoming....then giving him a fan welcome for the game can be different.

Either way, give all of the Lobos the business once that game starts.
djm19
WyoNation Addict

kansasCowboy wrote:At Texas. They had a moment of silence and had his pic up on their huge jumbo tron.
Yep, that was the game. Awesome.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

watched that game last night, UNLV doesn't play team ball and UNM doesn't scare me like years past I think we get them, it'll be a dogfight like always, but we should get the win!!!
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Been liked: 2 times

stymeman wrote:watched that game last night, UNLV doesn't play team ball and UNM doesn't scare me like years past I think we get them, it'll be a dogfight like always, but we should get the win!!!
Wood though kept UNLV in it against us by draining 3 after hotly contested 3.