Casper Shootout

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

Do you think they will ever bring it back? As I recall, it was also a tool for the HC and scheduling. If he couldn't get a team into Laramie (the elevation scares me, flights, etc), Casper was a good alternate location.

I think the death of it was Shroyers teams wouldn't draw any fans to watch. I think that could change with the way we are playing the last few years.

I'd like to see it come back. It is an easy drive for me to meet my parents and other family halfway. Shoot, with the size casper has grown to, it could be a fertile recruiting ground for new fans.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

i loved it myself being formerly from Buffalo, made a great weekend out of it, but I doubt they'll ever do it again, and it's too bad, probably too expensive to fly in and out of Casper as well, oh well it was fun while it lasted
gopokes1399
Blog Team

I know they are bringing back the border war. Wyoming and MSU will meet in Casper & Billings, I believing alternating sites each year
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

gopokes1399 wrote:I know they are bringing back the border war. Wyoming and MSU will meet in Casper & Billings, I believing alternating sites each year
Wyoming should play the -good- Montana team.. the one that would maybe boost RPI, not drop it like an anchor.
ImageImageImageImage
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

MrTitleist wrote:
gopokes1399 wrote:I know they are bringing back the border war. Wyoming and MSU will meet in Casper & Billings, I believing alternating sites each year
Wyoming should play the -good- Montana team.. the one that would maybe boost RPI, not drop it like an anchor.
This +100.
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
gbpoke
Cowpoke

The Pokes used to get some really good teams to come to the Cowboy Shootout. And had some great players play in in it other than the Pokes. The game I remember most was the classic game against Clarence Weatherspoon and Southern Miss I think it was either '89 or '90; the final score was like 120-115 or something. UW-GB came and played in it--just prior to the Dick Bennett/Tony Bennett era though, Loyola-Marymount--prior to Hank Gathers/Bo Kimble, Gonzaga--right after John Stockton left, Temple, Baylor, Pepperdine, Detroit, Penn. State, Southern Illinois, I even remember Larry Eustachy bringing Utah State to Casper one year.
Too bad it probably won't ever come back...I thought it was too bad when they quit playing it and just had the men and women play a double-header. Oh well, at least we still have the memories.
billings
Ranch Hand

MrTitleist wrote:

Missoula too far away for most Wyo fans to drive. Meanwhile Billings has a large WYo alumni group and a ton of alumni in this town. MSU the better choice for fans to see the game from Billings and northern Wyoming
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

I'm ok with Montana state as long as we also schedule a tougher road conference schedule to offset. I went to bozeman this year and it was a great chance to see the pokes closer to home
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!