the stark reality is....

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
jcintherock
Ranch Hand

....Eustachy was 100% correct. There is zero upside with this team. It takes a high level of execution of this "stall ball" just to be competitive anymore.

I hate that he was right.

Peace
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

jcintherock wrote:....Eustachy was 100% correct. There is zero upside with this team. It takes a high level of execution of this "stall ball" just to be competitive anymore.

I hate that he was right.

Peace
Hmm... Not sure what you are getting at.

Just to be competitive? We are up 10 at halftime against Nevada. 33-23. If you havin' sports problems I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but Wyo's offense aint one.

We wear people down on offense. If they slip at all during it, we take advantage. Taking advantage doesn't always mean making a 3 or a dunk. Sometimes it means making the extra pass when the D is already scrambling to catch up to the ball.
Nothing like sprinting your ass off only to have to run another 15 feet when you think you got to your guy.

We wear them down. We shoot at a high %. We win games. We are 17-4, and in first place in the MWC. Up 10, at halftime. Chill out.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Uh. No. This team is awesome w/ tons of upside.
jcintherock
Ranch Hand

kids.....

Seriously
HornetPoke76
Buckaroo

The stark reality is neither u nor eustachy knows wtf u are talking about!
denverpoke
Buckaroo

I tend to agree w/JC on this one. I may change my mind on Wed. Seems to me that this team is offensively challenged. Hopefully the team will play super defense on Wed, otherwise it'll be a long nite. With the talents that they have compared to other teams, I am very proud of their accomplishments up to this point.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

I actually agree with JC on this. This team isn't playing that great of basketball right now. Glad we won but if you take the homer goggles off you have to admit this team has lots of losses coming up on the 2nd half of the conference schedule with all of the road games unless something changes drastically.

Hope something changes and we start improving and playing better because if we play like this on the road we will lose at Nevada and at AFA along with the SDSU, New Mexico and UNLV.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

seattlecowboy wrote:I actually agree with JC on this. This team isn't playing that great of basketball right now. Glad we won but if you take the homer goggles off you have to admit this team has lots of losses coming up on the 2nd half of the conference schedule with all of the road games unless something changes drastically.

Hope something changes and we start improving and playing better because if we play like this on the road we will lose at Nevada and at AFA along with the SDSU, New Mexico and UNLV.
The team played a great first half, and got a little bit relaxed in the second half, along with some foul trouble. We still won by 8.

We had one legitimately bad stretch in that second half, I agree with that. But this team played significantly better today than they did against Utah State. We still have a lot of time left to keep improving.

After the first half of MWC play we are 7-2. Tied for first place at worst.
Not to mention just 1 win away from matching last seasons win total.

Sure we have been playing kinda bad lately, but we are still winning a lot of basketball games. If this team figures their turnovers out (JOSH AND HIS LAZY PASSES!!!), and goes on a run, we could end up on another 6 or 7 game win streak before we know it. We have the ability to go on another run this regular season.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict

BeaverPoke wrote:
seattlecowboy wrote:I actually agree with JC on this. This team isn't playing that great of basketball right now. Glad we won but if you take the homer goggles off you have to admit this team has lots of losses coming up on the 2nd half of the conference schedule with all of the road games unless something changes drastically.

The team played a great first half, and got a little bit relaxed in the second half, along with some foul trouble. We still won by 8.

We had one legitimately bad stretch in that second half, I agree with that. But this team played significantly better today than they did against Utah State. We still have a lot of time left to keep improving.

After the first half of MWC play we are 7-2. Tied for first place at worst.
Not to mention just 1 win away from matching last seasons win total.

Sure we have been playing kinda bad lately, but we are still winning a lot of basketball games. If this team figures their turnovers out (JOSH AND HIS LAZY PASSES!!!), and goes on a run, we could end up on another 6 or 7 game win streak before we know it. We have the ability to go on another run this regular season.
Like I said , if they can start playing like they were against UNLV and CSU to start the conference season then I agree but if they keep playing like they have been lately then it won't be pretty. Let's hope they turn it up a notch and start playing to their potential.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict

Also would be sweet if Utah St. upset SDSU tonight. They are playing them tough so far.

BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

seattlecowboy wrote:Also would be sweet if Utah St. upset SDSU tonight. They are playing them tough so far.
GO AGGIES
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

So, today we barely beat a team that csewe beat by 50. This reminds me of the football season when we got off to a 3-1 start and posters started talking about a bowl game. Well, the hard part of this season is about to begin. If we continue to play like we have been, we will lose a lot of games. Wednesday will be a big test. We seem to be shooting ourselves in the foot a lot lately. I've never seen a team that attacks the rim less than us. We've got players on this team shooting a percentage that wouldn't even be a good batting average. I hope today was just a case of us looking past Nevada because they are one of the worst teams I've seen.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

bladerunnr wrote:

So, today we barely beat a team that csewe beat by 50. This reminds me of the football season when we got off to a 3-1 start and posters started talking about a bowl game. Well, the hard part of this season is about to begin. If we continue to play like we have been, we will lose a lot of games. Wednesday will be a big test. We seem to be shooting ourselves in the foot a lot lately. I've never seen a team that attacks the rim less than us. We've got players on this team shooting a percentage that wouldn't even be a good batting average. I hope today was just a case of us looking past Nevada because they are one of the worst teams I've seen.
The score is all you guys look at for f-word sake pay attention to the total number of plays in the game and see if they still would have won by 50, They wouldn't have case closed.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy

Wyo2dal wrote:
bladerunnr wrote:

The score is all you guys look at for f-word sake pay attention to the total number of plays in the game and see if they still would have won by 50, They wouldn't have case closed.
Your posts never make any sense. We were up by 3 points with 3 minutes to go against a team that has won 4 games in the last 2 and 1/2 months. At least try and write in actual sentences so we can understand the lame point you are trying to make.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

CSU runs the score up on people, we play a slowed down style. It's not that hard to see why we don't blow teams out the way other teams do.
Who gives a poop if CSU beat them by 50? We beat CSU, and are ahead of them in the standings.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Just have to keep winning. Hard to compare scores. Colorado State beat Fresno by a ton today, but lost to Boise only a few days ago. Things change from game to game. As of this moment, I would say some MW teams are playing better ball than Wyoming. That doesn't really mean anything though. Ultimately, who gets hot come Vegas is what will matter.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

bladerunnr wrote:
Wyo2dal wrote:
bladerunnr wrote:

Your posts never make any sense. We were up by 3 points with 3 minutes to go against a team that has won 4 games in the last 2 and 1/2 months. At least try and write in actual sentences so we can understand the lame point you are trying to make.
I can understand how it could be hard to grasp more possessions is equal to more points, Would drawing it in MS Paint be easier for you to read or would you still be a dick?
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

If you thought Wyo played a great first half today then we weren't watching the same game. Sloppy first half then they finally fixed things for the last 5 minutes. Second half was solid with some mistakes but not spectacular by any means. Great game by DC I thought, but everyone else was fairly "meh". Play like this Wednesday and we will lose...fact.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy

Wyo2dal wrote:
bladerunnr wrote:
Wyo2dal wrote:
bladerunnr wrote:

I can understand how it could be hard to grasp more possessions is equal to more points, Would drawing it in MS Paint be easier for you to read or would you still be a dick?
So that must mean the other team gets more possessions also. Yet they didn't score more points than they did today.
Yeah, draw it up in paint for me. It'll be more interesting than the 1st grade punctuation you use.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

Wyo2dal wrote:
bladerunnr wrote:
Wyo2dal wrote:
bladerunnr wrote:

His point is that the difference between teams wasn't very much. More possessions would have been more points for both teams. So instead of winning by 8 we would have won by maybe 14, not 50.