We have a pretty solid chance at the two seed.

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

With tie breaks against CSU and Boise, we sit alone in second place. If we can finish our schedule out strong, we could be the 2 seed. We are 10-4 in the MWC.

Our remaining schedule is:

Fresno
At UNLV
USU
At UNM

8-4 Boise has to play:

@ UNLV
Nevada
UNM
@ SDSU
@ SJSU
Fresno

9-5 CSU has

@ Fresno
AFA
SJSU
@ Nevada
@ USU

If we finish the season 3-1, Boise has to go undefeated to pass us and they still have to travel to SDSU. If we finish 2-2, we'll have to hope Boise loses twice. Regardless, we control our own destiny. If we win out, we are guaranteed the two seed.
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

I'm definitely a fan of Fresno and UNLV tomorrow night.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

Yep. Another loss for either of those teams really decreases their chance of avoiding SDSU until the championship game.
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

This Wyoming team has learned how to win while missing some key pieces of the team. They are peaking at exactly the right time. I got my tickets to the MWCT right after the CU game and I'm looking forward to it.
Take it one game at a time Pokes.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

If the season ended today and we were the 2 seed we would be playing the winner of the UNLV/ Air Force game. Looks like we may end up having to play UNLV in the first round again . Lots of basketball still to be played but could end up being our opponent again.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Latest predictions for the NCAA Tourney have SDSU as projected winner of season and tourney. And CSU and Boise State w/ at large bids. I understand our SOS isn't the best, but how can you leave out a team that swept the teams you are letting in?
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 34 times

Sheep should finish undefeated
ImageImageImageImage
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 608 times
Been liked: 242 times

djm19 wrote:Latest predictions for the NCAA Tourney have SDSU as projected winner of season and tourney. And CSU and Boise State w/ at large bids. I understand our SOS isn't the best, but how can you leave out a team that swept the teams you are letting in?
That would be a bitter pill to swallow
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

djm19 wrote:Latest predictions for the NCAA Tourney have SDSU as projected winner of season and tourney. And CSU and Boise State w/ at large bids. I understand our SOS isn't the best, but how can you leave out a team that swept the teams you are letting in?
That is where I hope common sense comes into play. There is really no difference between the schedule Wyoming played and the schedule Boise played. The difference is our creampuffs were worse than theirs (were talking sub-200 RPI teams....we played more and currently have a better record against teams with 150 RPI's or better. Plus, you can't deny 3-0 against those teams.

The win last night was huge in the fact Wyoming can win on the road without Larry. Hopefully the team won't have to worry about that again all year.
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

djm19 wrote:Latest predictions for the NCAA Tourney have SDSU as projected winner of season and tourney
For these projections, they just take whoever is currently in first place as getting the automatic bid. The only times we've been in any brackets was When we were sitting in first place
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

i think we should go 3outta 4 the next 4, dropping only 1of those road 2 upcoming, not sure which one, but thinking we drop it at UNLV, UNM is a mess this year and we should get one at the Pit for a change
So excited and ready for the next phase of this wonderful exciting team, so happy today with what went down last night....Hoooorah
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

It looks like we most likely will end up with the 2 seed if we play the way we can/should. Either as a co-champ with SDSU wit hthem having the tie breaker or in second place(either alone or with the tiebreaker over boise/CSU) if that happens I hope CSU ends up in 3rd and Boise in 4th. I would rather face CSU in the semis than boise then let Boise and SDSU fight each other on the other side.
WilyWapiti
Ranch Hand

I think we are going to be favorites in all of our remaining games, assuming Nance returns. We need to win out, grab the #2 seed, and avoid SDSU until the championship game.

I *hope* that gets us an at-large, because beating SDSU with the way they are clicking right now is going to be a TALL task. Not impossible, but tough.

WW
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

MrTitleist wrote:Sheep should finish undefeated
With their remaining schedule I agree. The only real tester I see is @ USU to be honest...and quite possibly tonight @ Fresno. If they finish 5 & 0 - they will be rolling into the MWC tourney.

@ Fresno
AFA
SJSU
@ Nevada
@ USU

By the way, did anyone else notice that there are only 4 MWC schools with tickets left (allotted) to the tourney, with CSewe being one of them? How embarrassing for them and their fanbase! They have arguably their best team in decades and can't sell their allotment. What a poop of a school.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

McPeachy wrote:
With their remaining schedule I agree. The only real tester I see is @ USU to be honest...and quite possibly tonight @ Fresno. If they finish 5 & 0 - they will be rolling into the MWC tourney.

@ Fresno
AFA
SJSU
@ Nevada
@ USU

By the way, did anyone else notice that there are only 4 MWC schools with tickets left (allotted) to the tourney, with CSewe being one of them? How embarrassing for them and their fanbase! They have arguably their best team in decades and can't sell their allotment. What a poop of a school.
At USU isn't easy esp it being Stew Morrill's last game and I also think Fresno will give them all they want as will AFA, they won't cake walk, sheeeep suck
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

It is very embarrassing that they have not sold their allotment of tickets.
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

that sound is the troops getting ready for the March to March, can't wait
NowherePoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

McPeachy wrote:

@ Fresno
AFA
SJSU
@ Nevada
@ USU

LOL@CSU fans. RIght there with SJSU and AFA. Solid.

In terms of their schedule, I think @FSU and @USU are both tough games and I think they lose one of them. @FSU has been tough for a lot of teams. The Bulldogs are 5-1 at home in MWC play including wins over SDSU, BSU, and USU. Their only loss took 3OT's to the Pokes when Nance was in peak health. @USU is always tough (as we learned) and that will be Stew Morrill's final home game as Head Coach. The Spectrum will be nuts.
WilyWapiti
Ranch Hand

NowherePoke wrote:
McPeachy wrote:

@ Fresno
AFA
SJSU
@ Nevada
@ USU

LOL@CSU fans. RIght there with SJSU and AFA. Solid.

In terms of their schedule, I think @FSU and @USU are both tough games and I think they lose one of them. @FSU has been tough for a lot of teams. The Bulldogs are 5-1 at home in MWC play including wins over SDSU, BSU, and USU. Their only loss took 3OT's to the Pokes when Nance was in peak health. @USU is always tough (as we learned) and that will be Stew Morrill's final home game as Head Coach. The Spectrum will be nuts.
Wow. I didn't realize how big that Fresno State win was. Hopefully we can get the win against them here next week!

WW
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

TSpoke wrote:It looks like we most likely will end up with the 2 seed if we play the way we can/should. Either as a co-champ with SDSU wit hthem having the tie breaker or in second place(either alone or with the tiebreaker over boise/CSU) if that happens I hope CSU ends up in 3rd and Boise in 4th. I would rather face CSU in the semis than boise then let Boise and SDSU fight each other on the other side.

I would rather be on the same side as Boise St. in the bracket and play them in the semi's more than CSU. Boise St. doesn't have anyone that can match up with Nance down low and we are just a bad match up for them. I know we have beaten CSU both times but that is because they shot horrible both games from the 3 point line and yeah we had something to do with that but I am not sure they shoot that bad again for the third game and also it is hard to beat a team as good as CSU 3 times in a year. So put me down for wanting to be on the same side as Boise.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….