Dear Wyoming Men's Basketball Players,

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
gopokes1399
Blog Team

If you really gave a damn about your season being on the line, like your tweets, quotes, and comments indicate... then quit spending your nights in the bars and out and about every chance you get. I realize it isn't all of you, but there are a few. I know of players the day night before an afternoon game out drinking, partying and trying to get chicks til 4 AM in Laramie. You aren't "Hollywood," you aren't in the NBA. If you are more concerned with partying and getting girls thats fine, but then don't tweet about how this loss "hurts" or how you don't want any regrets. Either sell out for this team and give up the partying and girl chasing until the season is over or quit talking like you care so much. Actions speak louder than words and right now, from a third party (public) point of view, you don't care about how this team does, you only care about going out and acting big time..

The players that aren't going out, coaches, university, and athletic department deserve better. They have given you a scholarship, education, and rare opportunity to play division one basketball. Don't take it for granted.

Focus up for the last stretch of the season and some of you your career and do everything in your power to make the end of the season a special one.

Signed,

Concerned fan/alumnus
Last edited by gopokes1399 on Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gopokes1399
Blog Team

And consider staying off social media until the end of the season. It is poison
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Unfortunately, I've heard similar from family and friends in Laramie. Sucks.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

Maybe you should tell one of the players that to his face instead of posting it like a coward on a anonymous message board.
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

Cowboy Junky wrote:Maybe you should tell one of the players that to his face instead of posting it like a coward on a anonymous message board.
Where exactly would the average fan have the opportunity to say that to players face in a non-game situation? I can't simply walk up to Coach Shyatt in my daily life and give him my 2 cents.

This medium here is how fans voice their opinion, good and bad.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

Cowboy Junky wrote:Maybe you should tell one of the players that to his face instead of posting it like a coward on a anonymous message board.
Actually I think Shyatt needs to get control of his players.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Maybe you should talk your tough talk to us in person. You constantly rail on that we're just Internet tough guys blustering and bloviating because we have anonymity. You're no different. If I saw you on the street you wouldn't say poop. Keep your comments to yourself
gopokes1399
Blog Team

calpoke25 wrote:
Where exactly would the average fan have the opportunity to say that to players face in a non-game situation? I can't simply walk up to Coach Shyatt in my daily life and give him my 2 cents.

+1
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote:
Maybe you should talk your tough talk to us in person. You constantly rail on that we're just Internet tough guys blustering and bloviating because we have anonymity. You're no different. If I saw you on the street you wouldn't say poop. Keep your comments to yourself
Alright ladies, you're both pretty. Can we move on now?
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

we can't turn on each other, afterall that's what these boards are for, albeit hard to remain positive all the time, thoughts are always just that, thoughts, sometimes they need to stay inside and not published, but regardless, 21-7 is very very respectable and we all should be happy where we are currently at.
Bitching, moaning and complaining is part of it, but don't provoke attacks, it's not worth it on many levels, it only alienates the fan base from the team and that's not anything we need or want....game at a time, and i think that's our problem, people started counting their chickens b4 they hatched, yes dreams are wonderful, but let the season play itself out, take it game at a time, improve next time and you'll like the results better, what ever happens happens.

This team is way too much fun to give up on now, we won't know what we're missing until it's gone!!!!
HR_Poke
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

I told Rottinghaus to get his ass to bed when he was out at Lovejoys at 2 am before a game the next day. He blew me off and continued drinking. So what's your point?
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

stymeman wrote:we can't turn on each other, afterall that's what these boards are for, albeit hard to remain positive all the time, thoughts are always just that, thoughts, sometimes they need to stay inside and not published, but regardless, 21-7 is very very respectable and we all should be happy where we are currently at.
Bitching, moaning and complaining is part of it, but don't provoke attacks, it's not worth it on many levels, it only alienates the fan base from the team and that's not anything we need or want....game at a time, and i think that's our problem, people started counting their chickens b4 they hatched, yes dreams are wonderful, but let the season play itself out, take it game at a time, improve next time and you'll like the results better, what ever happens happens.

This team is way too much fun to give up on now, we won't know what we're missing until it's gone!!!!
+100000

Some of our fans turn on a dime when the going gets tough. Complaining is fine, but does it really help? There is a BIG reason the Pokes are in the position they are in and it is called MONO. It will take some time, but losing Nance and Herndon for parts of the conference season is why we need to get as strong as possible before the tourney. Some of us were holding out hope for an at large, but that is gone. It is win or or NIT it (I hope for his if we don't win the tourney).

Too many knee jerk reactions by people these days.

Go Pokes!!
Cuttslam
WyoNation Addict

OMGAYS
I BLEED BROWN AND GOLD.
Cuttslam
WyoNation Addict

AYFS
I BLEED BROWN AND GOLD.
Cosmic Cowboy
A Real Cowboy

Well all I can say about waking up to this is that I hope this sort of thing fires our players up! We can all think about this situation and say whatever the f-word we want to in the way that we do imo. The players need to find a way through this whole thing to become better. Us vs Them? I don't care how they look at it but they need to rally and focus. As far as going out to party on the town I'm mixed. They're just kids living this portion of their lives, but yes they always do have a higher cause to look at. Hard for me to be hypocritical here though, I partied much harder then the kids on our team at their age I can pretty much guarantee you. There is much more to life then sports...that is reality, deal with it.
Riding High!!!
BJC
A Real Cowboy

These guys will go out....either publically or in private...these guys will get defensive when called out....these guys will try and get girls. It doesn't mean that they don't care, etc. It means they are human...now obviously being out until 2am the night before a game is not a good idea...and in public it shows poor taste.

*How much would people complain about this if winning? This topic always comes up when losses occur for either football or bball.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

calpoke25 wrote:

Well considering he's seen them out enough to write this post, he should've had the opportunity to tell it to their face whenever/wherever they were seen.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

joshvanklomp wrote:
calpoke25 wrote:

Well considering he's seen them out enough to write this post, he should've had the opportunity to tell it to their face whenever/wherever they were seen.

This doesn't even make sense what you are saying. Who should've had what opportunity where?

I work in Cheyenne, have a full time job and commute to games in Laramie as well as away games. Where exactly would the average fan have the opportunity to go to a player or coaches face and talk to them? Moreover so, who would want to? They wouldn't come up to me on the street and tell me I'm horrible at my job and I wouldn't go up to them and ask why they didn't play good. This is how normal people act in society. This is what message boards are for.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

calpoke25 wrote:This doesn't even make sense what you are saying. Who should've had what opportunity where?
I wasn't referring to you.

If the OP was close enough to know the players were out drinking and partying, they were close enough to say something to the players' faces.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
wyofan4life5
Ranch Hand

yeah and make sure another player gets in trouble... Fighting a fan