Shyatt post-game comment (New Mexico)

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
DocHolliday
Cowpoke

"We'd like to win them all but I believe it's not always about the end result...it's about how you go about doing things."
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

DocHolliday wrote:"We'd like to win them all but I believe it's not always about the end result...it's about how you go about doing things."
In general, I agree.
Tonight? Doing things with Jack Bentz for WAY too long, or doing things like not telling someone named Larry or Josh to take over the f-word game and win it? That was not the right way to go.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

Cool. Now go get them all a Big Mac and an orange wedge. Just like in the Special Olympics.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

DocHolliday wrote:"We'd like to win them all but I believe it's not always about the end result...it's about how you go about doing things."
Yeah I was listening. He thinks they will make some noise next week. I sure would like to believe him but I am finding it hard right now. Maybe they will show us something like winning in the quarterfinals for the first time in about 6 or 7 years.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
DocHolliday
Cowpoke

seattlecowboy wrote:
Yeah I was listening. He thinks they will make some noise next week. I sure would like to believe him but I am finding it hard right now. Maybe they will show us something like winning in the quarterfinals for the first time in about 6 or 7 years.
Lets just say that I'm not going out on a limb by stating such individuals as Bill Parcells, Vince Lombardi, John Calipari, and others, would not agree with sage Shyatt on this one.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

seattlecowboy wrote:
This season will be an absolute f-word waste unless we win the MWC Tourney. 6 seniors to start the year. MWC pre-season POY. 4 of 5 starters are seniors, 1 is a junior. Year 4 of the Shyatt. These are all the reasons to make the Big Dance and have a MWC title by now.
Win 3 or it's a waste. I am sick of settling. Winning 2 and even winning the NIT, although would be a fun ride, would be a waste.

This team need to win a title and make the dance.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

BeaverPoke wrote:
In general, I agree.
Tonight? Doing things with Jack Bentz for WAY too long, or doing things like not telling someone named Larry or Josh to take over the f-word game and win it? That was not the right way to go.
I actually don't mind Bentz's minutes tonight, there's no way he could hurt us worse than Hank. What frustrated me is Adams. Where are the hell did he go? He has to show up every night. The 1-2 of nance and Adams is unstoppable. If one is off we will not win a game this week
Cuttslam
WyoNation Addict

BeaverPoke wrote:
seattlecowboy wrote:
This season will be an absolute f-word waste unless we win the MWC Tourney. 6 seniors to start the year. MWC pre-season POY. 4 of 5 starters are seniors, 1 is a junior. Year 4 of the Shyatt. These are all the reasons to make the Big Dance and have a MWC title by now.
Win 3 or it's a waste. I am sick of settling. Winning 2 and even winning the NIT, although would be a fun ride, would be a waste.

This team need to win a title and make the dance.
I absolutely agree with you 100%. See I do read your entire posts.
I BLEED BROWN AND GOLD.
DocHolliday
Cowpoke

I thought Bentz was one of our better players tonight. Put it like this, he outplayed Josh Adams by a galaxy.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

Well we play Utah St. as CSU just beat them. So we get a rubber match with them. Not sure what to think about that. If we win then we play Boise st. most likely.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
PokeTransplant
Cowpoke
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 14 times

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:
In general, I agree.
I actually don't mind Bentz's minutes tonight, there's no way he could hurt us worse than Hank. What frustrated me is Adams. Where are the hell did he go? He has to show up every night. The 1-2 of nance and Adams is unstoppable. If one is off we will not win a game this week
Bentz did all he could to get this team back into the game, and succeeded for the most part. I thought the late 3 by Larry was clutch, but also lucky as hell. For him to chuck up another when we only needed 2 might have cost us the game....
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

PokeTransplant wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:
In general, I agree.
Bentz did all he could to get this team back into the game, and succeeded for the most part. I thought the late 3 by Larry was clutch, but also lucky as hell. For him to chuck up another when we only needed 2 might have cost us the game....
Might have? That was the worst possible situation, I would have rather seen Adams drive and get mugged and put it on the officials to make or break the game than a contested 3 from Nance. That's my outlook on it
PokeTransplant
Cowpoke
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 14 times

PokeTransplant wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:
In general, I agree.
Might have? That was the worst possible situation, I would have rather seen Adams drive and get mugged and put it on the officials to make or break the game than a contested 3 from Nance. That's my outlook on it
It probably did. But, i'm not going to bag on the guy. Going for the tie was the right move and he missed it.
GoPokes86
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 10 times

PokeTransplant wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:
In general, I agree.
We wouldn't have gotten that call, not the way the game was called tonight. I agree, Nance shouldn't have shot the three, but we wouldn't have gotten a call from the refs to put Adams on the line.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 151 times

GoPokes86 wrote:
PokeTransplant wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:
In general, I agree.
We wouldn't have gotten that call, not the way the game was called tonight. I agree, Nance shouldn't have shot the three, but we wouldn't have gotten a call from the refs to put Adams on the line.
This. Josh was mugged six or seven times with no foul. Another Dave Hall ref'd loss, that's weird.
W-Y, Until I Die!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 130 times

In 4 years, going from consistent play-in games to upper end of MWC and actually discussing tourney invites is pretty good in my book. I'll take it. Even in a down year, the MWC isn't nearly as craptastic in bball as it is in football. The next 2 years will tell us the most about Shy's program, foundation, and future of this program, IMO.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote:In 4 years, going from consistent play-in games to upper end of MWC and actually discussing tourney invites is pretty good in my book. I'll take it. Even in a down year, the MWC isn't nearly as craptastic in bball as it is in football. The next 2 years will tell us the most about Shy's program, foundation, and future of this program, IMO.
But in a year when the MWC is decidedly down, and Wyoming has six seniors and its best team in a decade, if the team can't even get to the Big Dance or NIT, what does that say about us?
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

SDPokeFan wrote: But in a year when the MWC is decidedly down, and Wyoming has six seniors and its best team in a decade, if the team can't even get to the Big Dance or NIT, what does that say about us?
That we have been on a steady trajectory upwards, this year included, but that we haven't reached our end goal yet. Nonetheless, there is nothing in current trajectory to suggest that we won't reach our ultimate goal.

Once that goal is reached, our goal will change to consistency.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

SDPokeFan wrote: But in a year when the MWC is decidedly down?
Though it is a down year, we could still be a 3 bid league. That isn't shabby for a down year.

The down year in bball isn't even in the same stratosphere as down year(s) in football.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

ragtimejoe1 wrote:
SDPokeFan wrote: But in a year when the MWC is decidedly down?
Though it is a down year, we could still be a 3 bid league. That isn't shabby for a down year.

The down year in bball isn't even in the same stratosphere as down year(s) in football.
It can be a 4 big league.

CSU, SDSU, and Boise are all projected in. If they SDSU and Boise win 1 more game they are without a doubt in. And if CSU wins 1 more they are probably for sure in, and them winning 2 more is probably enough to put them in. Then if a team not named CSU-SDSU-Boise wins the Tourney there can be a 4th.