Heard Bohl is cleaning house

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
JohnnySunshine
Buckaroo

CowboyNV wrote:
Yabadabadoo wrote:
HokeyPokey wrote:
Cuttslam wrote:
ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote:Sounds a lot like the real world
Hahaha no poop welcome to the real world. Lifes a bitch.
Never said it wasn't like the real world. And in the real world, many people stay and stick through tough times while others think it is in their best interest to leave. But unlike the very real world it is, it appears to me that many people on this board have an unrealistic expectation that every athlete will stick around.
I don't know who you are, or even if you are legit. However, giving you the benefit of the doubt I'll conclude you left the program for reasons of your won. How about telling us what they were?

I'll also state that the program is moving ahead and in the right direction so far as I may surmise. Does Bohl love each of his players to death? Of course not! What coach does? You guys get yelled at in the film room and in practice? Suck it up bro, because if you're talking about this year's team, if I were in that film room as a coach, I'm certain I would have made some paint peel from the walls.

You also omit the fact that Bohl never buries his players publicly, and he never tarnishes them to the press...in fact it's the contrary completely. Bohl has been super positive after every game this season, no matter if the team played well...or not.
We are quick to tell the kids to suck it up, yet people who question Bohl (the football god) on this board are skewered like goats on a spit. If Bohl was in the real world - the president and CEO of Wyoming Cowboys, Inc., a publicly traded company, he would have already had his ass removed from the ivory tower and been kicked to the curb for the poop product he put on the field this year. Bohl is lucky, he lives in the world of college athletics where the unwritten rule is you keep the head dude for 5 years no matter what he does (remember Heath, or Joe or DC, etc.).

In the world of corporate America, it's what have you done for me lately. What you did 2 or 5 or 10 years ago has no bearing on you keeping your job. So life is tough on all of us, including those 18 and 19 year old kids who are getting their asses handed to them in a meeting because they blew an assignment. Guess what, maybe they weren't taught what their assignments were. Can you sit there and honestly say Vigen and Stanard actually had a f-word clue this year? I might get on the kids, but I guarantee you both of those guys would be looking for work if I was head mother f-word in charge. And as head mother f-word in charge, I would have both Bohl and Burman in my office right now telling them MY expectations for next year. No more TBD, no more 2 win seasons, no more "we're too young" excuses, no more "I don't have enough money." I would say to them what we have all said about the kids, suck it up. It's the real world. Get it done or get the f-word out of my company. :twocents:
With all due respect to this comment, if this was the real world, Wyoming football would have been bankrupt and dissolved years ago.

As far as hokey pokes comments, it's rather vague and not very telling. Bohl was hard on a bunch of players who never won anything and weren't really very good in the first place? Big deal.

The bottom line is, Bohl will have to produce sooner rather than later. If he doesn't he will be fired, and merely a name on the long, revolving, never ending list of coaches who choose Wyoming and ultimately fail.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

ragtimejoe1 wrote:
Yabadabadoo wrote:I call horse poop on this entire thread over the last hour or so...
FWIW, our season was not interrupted and was completed. ;)
Haha
Yabadabadoo
Cowpoke

ragtimejoe1 wrote:
Yabadabadoo wrote:I call horse poop on this entire thread over the last hour or so...
FWIW, our season was not interrupted and was completed.
Yes, I know this. One day it will be different however...
HokeyPokey
Buckaroo

ragtimejoe1 wrote:Thanks for the insight Hokey. As you'll notice, there is a contingency that thinks Bohl walks on water. Me? I'm for WYO and don't give a damn who is in charge as long as we win. Thus, what say you, is this going to work in your opinion?
As an alumni I want nothing but success for my former teammates and the University. The town left me with some good memories and great friends. I think Bohl's power system can work, and he's definitely making huge strides with the facility upgrades. Stanard's defense could work but you either need smart players who can learn very quickly or a few years to install the complete scheme. I think it's important to be consistent with your words and actions in order to keep your recruits. People complain about kids leaving... there's a suggestion on how to fix it. I can't tell if this will work long term. Youth can really affect a team's win-loss record, I was definitely a more complete football player as a senior just being able to understand tendencies and having a football savvy. I say give it time, a lot of the players on that team are amazing athletes, they just need to be put in positions to succeed.
HokeyPokey
Buckaroo

This is not poop I promise you. I don't know how to prove this without telling anyone who I am.
Cuttslam
WyoNation Addict

ragtimejoe1 wrote:
Cuttslam wrote:
ragtimejoe1 wrote:Thanks for the insight Hokey. As you'll notice, there is a contingency that thinks Bohl walks on water. Me? I'm for WYO and don't give a damn who is in charge as long as we win. Thus, what say you, is this going to work in your opinion?
Seriously what insight?
You have to read into it because he's trying to avoid throwing anyone under the bus.
All I'm hearing is fairy tales and innuendo. I'm betting this is a troll.
I BLEED BROWN AND GOLD.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Cuttslam wrote:
ragtimejoe1 wrote:
Cuttslam wrote:
Seriously what insight?
You have to read into it because he's trying to avoid throwing anyone under the bus.
And he tried to avoid throwing Bohl under the bus by throwing him under the bus.... I don't get how anyone thinks he's avoiding diming Bohl. That's exactly what he did....
Yabadabadoo
Cowpoke

HokeyPokey wrote:This is not poop I promise you. I don't know how to prove this without telling anyone who I am.
I want to believe you, but as you can imagine, the Internet is full of posers and courageous people behind a keyboard.

I don't believe the program has lost any kids at what could be considered an alarming rate. With a new coach and staff you will likely see an exodus of some sort.

I believe that 98% of the kids who suited up today are bullish on the program, the coaching staff, and their decision to come and play football at the University Of Wyoming.
HokeyPokey
Buckaroo

Cuttslam wrote:
ragtimejoe1 wrote:
Cuttslam wrote:
Seriously what insight?
If you or anyone else were very connected to the team you could ask me a question that only someone as close would know? That could prove it... But if no one could ask me question, I assume no one knows sh**
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 129 times

HokeyPokey wrote:
As an alumni I want nothing but success for my former teammates and the University. The town left me with some good memories and great friends. I think Bohl's power system can work, and he's definitely making huge strides with the facility upgrades. Stanard's defense could work but you either need smart players who can learn very quickly or a few years to install the complete scheme. I think it's important to be consistent with your words and actions in order to keep your recruits. People complain about kids leaving... there's a suggestion on how to fix it. I can't tell if this will work long term. Youth can really affect a team's win-loss record, I was definitely a more complete football player as a senior just being able to understand tendencies and having a football savvy. I say give it time, a lot of the players on that team are amazing athletes, they just need to be put in positions to succeed.
Thanks and that is actually encouraging. IMO, this staff exhibited that they also have a learning curve and perhaps bought into the media hype a little too much. I also think Bohl will adjust but time will tell. The next 2 years are critical.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
HokeyPokey
Buckaroo

ragtimejoe1 wrote:
HokeyPokey wrote:
Thanks and that is actually encouraging. IMO, this staff exhibited that they also have a learning curve and perhaps bought into the media hype a little too much. I also think Bohl will adjust but time will tell. The next 2 years are critical.
Every time I stepped on the field I gave my all for the team and I can bet everyone is this year as well.
JohnnySunshine
Buckaroo

Bohl is learning. He is doing things right, and could have done some tings better. He's also trying to change the entire culture of a program that really has no sense of success since I not even know when.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 607 times
Been liked: 242 times

Cuttslam wrote:
HokeyPokey wrote:I firmly believe that the man does not truly care for each of his players. Maybe a select few, but his true care is for his record and the way he outwardly appearance. While this is understandable because everyone knows that Division 1 is a business, he misleads many into thinking that he cares for more than their product on the field.
I love it when men need to have there hands held because mommy isn't there to tell them they are loved and everything will be alright because there feelings got hurt. Waaaa waaaa waaaa. Time to grow up.
LOL! so true
cowboyz
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

HokeyPokey wrote:
Cuttslam wrote:
ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote:Sounds a lot like the real world
Hahaha no poop welcome to the real world. Lifes a bitch.
Never said it wasn't like the real world. And in the real world, many people stay and stick through tough times while others think it is in their best interest to leave. But unlike the very real world it is, it appears to me that many people on this board have an unrealistic expectation that every athlete will stick around.
I totally agree with this and have said it before. If a situation is not right for you, you change the situation. Are we all with the first girlfriend or boyfriend we ever had, still working at our first job, still driving that first car, living in the same apartment/house? I'm guessing no. So why should we expect a player to stick around if things are not feeling right to them? It takes balls to leave a full-ride scholarship. Coaches come and go as they please, why not the players?
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 607 times
Been liked: 242 times

HokeyPokey wrote:
There you have it, naysayers. A former player thinks the power offense can work, acknowledges youth on the team is hard to overcome and thinks that things could work out. Everyone needs to calm down. Things will be better next year.
Cuttslam
WyoNation Addict

LanderPoke wrote:
HokeyPokey wrote:
There you have it, naysayers. A former player thinks the power offense can work, acknowledges youth on the team is hard to overcome and thinks that things could work out. Everyone needs to calm down. Things will be better next year.
Thats what you said last year.
I BLEED BROWN AND GOLD.
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

If we're desperate enough to figure out who you are, I'm sure the mods can do something with your IP address...
Hampshire
Ranch Hand

Bohl throws himself under the bus ! Just saying. Also bohl needs to respect his players just like he wants respect, there isn't alot of that going around .
johnywyo
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 1 time

HokeyPokey wrote:I firmly believe that the man does not truly care for each of his players. Maybe a select few, but his true care is for his record and the way he outwardly appearance. While this is understandable because everyone knows that Division 1 is a business, he misleads many into thinking that he cares for more than their product on the field.

Hokey: So you are indicating the Bohl is disingenuous, caring only for HIS record and his outward appearance? This is somewhat compelling, if that is the case, he's a con man. Most great coaches do care about their records, but truly care about every aspect of the TEAM. Including the trainers, the equipment crew, the players and coaches. This needs some more discussion, as Bohl's pedigree is one that is vastly different than as you describe according to my sources. Give me some tangible examples, if you feel you can.
At the molecular level all mankind is a brilliant super-nova.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 150 times

Bohls the boss, if you can't hack it, leave. If you don't like it, leave. If you're not D-1 material, you don't deserve 4 years of free education. If I couldn't have hacked college curriculum, my scholarship would have been revoked. I'm sure some players get treated poorly, it's not all on the coaches. You could probably give us insight on players with poor attitudes as well. We're in transition still, some 18 yr olds might not like being scolded but those that stick around should be better off.
W-Y, Until I Die!