Wyoming Spring Practice 2015

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

JimmyDimes wrote:Not worried about the D. If anything, they will be faster than previous years. The Dline is a veteran unit with size and experience. Looking forward to seeing what Jonathan Kongo brings....size, speed, and strength.

The backfield was crap last year, but Bohl was talking up some of his Florida recruits. Get Chad Reese back and DJ May might be a beast in the making.

IMO, the linebacker corp will be fine. Wacha is a stud, Nzeocha is a stud...just needs to get used to a new position., Tuetin played well at safety last year. Muhammad played a bunch before getting hurt. He needs to be healthy next year. They might be on the smaller size, but that doesn't matter if a guy can tackle. More speed is key.

I think my 6-7 win prediction is falling into place. ;)

Go Pokes!!
It's not an off-season on WyoNation without Jimmy pumping some sunshine. :lol: Someone has to fill that role since BeaverPoke has gone cynical.
mwc fan
Cowpoke

Thanks for a the video links Joshvanklomp. You're doing a great job getting stuff up on the board. With Vorel gone things are a little tough to find. I miss mike
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
Slow Hand
Cowpoke

Rumor is that Sewell Quit.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

mwc fan wrote:Thanks for a the video links Joshvanklomp. You're doing a great job getting stuff up on the board. With Vorel gone things are a little tough to find. I miss mike
I was just about to write this exact thing. Holmgren certainly has potential but until he hits the ground I miss Mike. There feels like there isn't much coming out of camp this year and I attribute that directly to Mr. Vorel.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote:
mwc fan wrote:Thanks for a the video links Joshvanklomp. You're doing a great job getting stuff up on the board. With Vorel gone things are a little tough to find. I miss mike
I was just about to write this exact thing. Holmgren certainly has potential but until he hits the ground I miss Mike. There feels like there isn't much coming out of camp this year and I attribute that directly to Mr. Vorel.
Well there have only been a few practices so far.

More in 3...2...1...
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

I think we have a very legitimate shot to end the season with two 1,000-yard rushers.

Too many times we were down big in the 4th so we couldn't run the ball. If we can prevent that, we'll be in business. And the two of them will keep each other fresh and wear the defense down.
PotatoCreekPete
Cowpoke

Slow Hand wrote:Rumor is that Sewell Quit.
Not surprised. He came out of HS with a lot of hype and unfortunately he has never been able to put it all together. It would have been a good sized reach to say that he would have had an impact this coming year, just have to wish him the best.

Wyoming was a soft team and there are a number of guys that are not prepared or able to play Bohl's type of game that were in the program when he took over. As Coach Bohl says, he is building the program so it will stay at a high level for a long time, and that doesn't happen over night.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

PotatoCreekPete wrote:
Not surprised. He came out of HS with a lot of hype and unfortunately he has never been able to put it all together. It would have been a good sized reach to say that he would have had an impact this coming year, just have to wish him the best.

Wyoming was a soft team and there are a number of guys that are not prepared or able to play Bohl's type of game that were in the program when he took over. As Coach Bohl says, he is building the program so it will stay at a high level for a long time, and that doesn't happen over night.

If I remember correctly, he wasn't so much soft as he was ill and injured. Didn't he lose a bunch of weight and have a hard time putting it on?

Not that you are wrong about attrition from DC to Bohl, but I don't think this is that as much as it's just a kid not panning out.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 142 times
Been liked: 155 times

Seth Edeen is out with "internal issues". Great, might end up losing the weight he put on. Like his motor a lot.
W-Y, Until I Die!
Slow Hand
Cowpoke

laxwyo wrote:Seth Edeen is out with "internal issues". Great, might end up losing the weight he put on. Like his motor a lot.
He is done for good more than likely. He had a serious issue that was revealed because of football!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 617 times
Been liked: 249 times

Slow Hand wrote:
laxwyo wrote:Seth Edeen is out with "internal issues". Great, might end up losing the weight he put on. Like his motor a lot.
He is done for good more than likely. He had a serious issue that was revealed because of football!
A heart issue?
Slow Hand
Cowpoke

LanderPoke wrote:
Slow Hand wrote:
A heart issue?
No, kidney I think.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 318 times
Been liked: 126 times

Slow Hand wrote:
That is a tough break, but one that Seth & his family probably will look at as a blessing in disguise. Things happen for a reason - and there is more important things than playing football certainly.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Stanard said if all goes well with Nzeocha and senior walk-on Devin McKenna in the middle, Wacha could be moved to weak-side linebacker, his natural position.

http://www.wyosports.net/university_of_ ... c727d.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
PotatoCreekPete
Cowpoke

BeaverPoke wrote:
PotatoCreekPete wrote:

If I remember correctly, he wasn't so much soft as he was ill and injured. Didn't he lose a bunch of weight and have a hard time putting it on?

Not that you are wrong about attrition from DC to Bohl, but I don't think this is that as much as it's just a kid not panning out.
I wasn't talking about Sewell being "soft", I was speaking of the team as a whole. Remember when Bohl came in he said the team was "fat", and many of the guys have had to lose body fat, and build muscle. If any area on the team was "soft" it probably was the OL imo. I have no doubt that Sewell just didn't pan out, you kind of mixed my two points together.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

PotatoCreekPete wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:
PotatoCreekPete wrote:

I wasn't talking about Sewell being "soft", I was speaking of the team as a whole. Remember when Bohl came in he said the team was "fat", and many of the guys have had to lose body fat, and build muscle. If any area on the team was "soft" it probably was the OL imo. I have no doubt that Sewell just didn't pan out, you kind of mixed my two points together.
Ah, well my bad. Seemed like your second point was related to your first one, since you were talking about players leaving, being soft, etc.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict