I wouldn't be surprised if one of our 6'4" quarterbacks

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Slow Hand
Cowpoke

Larawie wrote:
joshvanklomp wrote:Larawie called it. Austin Fort to TE.
Not a matter of callin' it, more a matter of need and common sense. With a dearth of bodies at both LB and TE, it seems to me a 6'-4" TE would be more desirable than a 6'-4" LB. I doubt it was a rash or impulsive decision. The kid is obviously a good athlete and, with a little seasonin', could be very productive.
I bet he is gone in the fall!
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Slow Hand wrote:
Larawie wrote:
Not a matter of callin' it, more a matter of need and common sense. With a dearth of bodies at both LB and TE, it seems to me a 6'-4" TE would be more desirable than a 6'-4" LB. I doubt it was a rash or impulsive decision. The kid is obviously a good athlete and, with a little seasonin', could be very productive.
Why?
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
Slow Hand
Cowpoke

BeaverPoke wrote:
Slow Hand wrote:
Larawie wrote:
Why?
Just a feeling I have. He wants a chance to compete for the QB spot and in Wyoming he has lost that opportunity.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

Hope he likes D2 ball then...
Slow Hand
Cowpoke

WestWYOPoke wrote:Hope he likes D2 ball then...
I think for a lot of the guys D1, D2 D1AA or what ever really doesn't matter all that much. What matters is being able to play the game.
Larawie
Ranch Hand

Slow Hand wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:
Slow Hand wrote:
Larawie wrote:
Why?
Just a feeling I have. He wants a chance to compete for the QB spot and in Wyoming he has lost that opportunity.
How do you know he only wants to compete at the QB spot? Maybe he just wants to compete. His chances to get on the field earlier are much better now. He stays, takes the move to heart, works hard and gets some valuable playin' time. Sure, some of it will be mop-up, but a lot better than standin' around like a third (4th?) -wheel with his hat on backward carryin' a clipboard. There's my bet. Ya interested?
Slow Hand
Cowpoke

Larawie wrote:
Slow Hand wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:
Slow Hand wrote:
Larawie wrote:
Why?
How do you know he only wants to compete at the QB spot? Maybe he just wants to compete. His chances to get on the field earlier are much better now. He stays, takes the move to heart, works hard and gets some valuable playin' time. Sure, some of it will be mop-up, but a lot better than standin' around like a third (4th?) -wheel with his hat on backward carryin' a clipboard. There's my bet. Ya interested?
It is just a gut feeling on my part....but yeah what the hell I am interested. What are you thinking?
Larawie
Ranch Hand

Slow Hand wrote:
Larawie wrote:
Slow Hand wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:
Slow Hand wrote:
Larawie wrote:
Why?
It is just a gut feeling on my part....but yeah what the hell I am interested. What are you thinking?
Seems to me with only 4 TE's, a number of multiple TE plays in the book, and a more mobile QB than last year, the kid will stay and play. Maybe not a lot-there's a learnin' curve-but he'll be visible. It is, imo, a GREAT opportunity. I mean, c'mon, you're a D-I player in your home state, with a nice ride, or a D-II kid takin' questionable $$ at Black Hills or SD School of Mines?
Slow Hand
Cowpoke

I am just going on a few of the comments he has made. He might be a little disgruntled and perhaps he will come around and decide to stay. His thought process is that he would transfer sit a year and compete for a spot at another school. IDK....it seems illogical to me as well. I think the move caught him off guard a little.
Larawie
Ranch Hand

Slow Hand wrote:I am just going on a few of the comments he has made. He might be a little disgruntled and perhaps he will come around and decide to stay. His thought process is that he would transfer sit a year and compete for a spot at another school. IDK....it seems illogical to me as well. I think the move caught him off guard a little.
Probably not unlike Nzeocha bein' moved to LB. But if the kid's athletic enough, and there's no indication he isn't, then I think he'll embrace the opportunity. Obviously jmo, but I tend to zero in on position and personnel changes and how they work out. Hopefully for these two mentioned, they're positive. Lookin' forward to the Spring Game.
Cheywypoke
Ranch Hand

Regarding Seth Edeen, it's possible his football career may be over. He suffered an injury during practice and started pissing blood. Had it checked out and an MRI indicated that he was born with only one kidney. Contact sports with this type of situation is not recommended. He meets with the doctor, I think, on April 23. There was a big story in the WTE last week.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Cheywypoke wrote:Regarding Seth Edeen, it's possible his football career may be over. He suffered an injury during practice and started pissing blood. Had it checked out and an MRI indicated that he was born with only one kidney. Contact sports with this type of situation is not recommended. He meets with the doctor, I think, on April 23. There was a big story in the WTE last week.
WTF?! Gawd, I hope he's okay.
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

That is not something to take a chance on. I know, I'm missing one too.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 106 times

WYCowboy wrote:That is not something to take a chance on. I know, I'm missing one too.
I was really surprised at how common a condition a missing kidney is after reading that article.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Btw Bohl thinks he'll be back for fall camp.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 147 times

He has a cyst on his pancreas is the more worrisome part than only having one kidney. I've never heard of anyone losing 1 of their 2 kidneys playing sports so playing with one should be ok
W-Y, Until I Die!
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict

laxwyo wrote:He has a cyst on his pancreas is the more worrisome part than only having one kidney. I've never heard of anyone losing 1 of their 2 kidneys playing sports so playing with one should be ok
Really? While it is probably exceedingly rare to lose a kidney from sport, it is certainly possible to bruise, lacerate, fracture (yes, you can fracture a kidney) or otherwise damage a kidney in a high contact sport. And these types of injuries happen more often than you would think.

In a healthy person (with 2 kidneys) this isn't as big of a deal, as injuring one still leaves the other to "pick up the slack". However, when you only have 1 kidney, you DON'T want to injure that one or you are in some serious trouble. I would be very surprised if we ever see him play football again; even if he wanted to risk it, I just can't see a team doc signing off on allowing him to participate.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 147 times

Name one two kidney person to lose a kidney due to sport . In all my time watching sport, I've never heard nor seen a person lose a kidney due to sport. I agree that his risk factor is greatly increased and you should be aware that kidney injuries due happen. Hell, his kidney night now is injured. If his kidney is fine, he'll continue to play. Bohl expects him back by fall camp.

My friends brother only has one kidney and hasn't slowed him down riding motocross/bmx or any other crazy poop he does.
W-Y, Until I Die!
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict

Like I said, losing a kidney as a result of sport, is exceedingly rare. Do I know of a case off the top of my head, no; but that doesn't mean it can't or hasn't happened.

As for your friend's brother, that is all fine and dandy, but he does his activities on his own accord, he is not a member of a university sponsored athletic team. A team that has a team physician that says either Yea or Nay on whether someone can play or not. I would love for him to be able to safely return, but the key word there is safely. If the team doc doesn't like it, you can forget about him coming back. If the doc is ok, then it's his risk to take.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

The other board is reporting that Fort quit the team.
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.