Depth Chart released

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

cali2wyo wrote:
joshvanklomp wrote:I actually admire his staying for the last title. Shows he has commitment to finish what he started.
The guy who became a fan of Wyoming athletics only after Bohl was hired as coach admires what Bohl did.... Total shocker.
I've been a fan for over 40 years and feel the exact same way. It just shows what type of person Bohl is...he honors his commitments and finishes the job at hand.

This board is great. :D
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

JimmyDimes wrote:People might not have tuned into the FCS championship game, but they know Craig Bohl because of his success. That success will have just as much, if not more of a factor in recruiting than him being in Laramie two weeks earlier than he showed up.

Obviously two camps....those who believe in what Bohl is doing and those who want to poop on everything he is or isn't doing.
Well...I agree, they will know him from his past success. Just like the recruits at UNLV will know of Tony Sanchez, because of his past success. How either of those translate has yet to be seen. My point is, again, that this is a long term project...5 to 6 years at minimum, to be competitive at the top of this poop conference. Bohl missing out on recruiting in year one, again - in my opinion, pushed that project back some. Maybe a year, maybe not. Maybe it will be the difference of 2 wins the next 2 years. Who knows - but either way, it wasn't helpful!

And I also disagree with your "two camps" sentiment. I think that is a poop label, that is the easy way out in a discussion about the current shape of the program. What about the "camp" that is in wait-and-see mode, the camp that doesn't want to judge at this point in the project? What about the camp that has been let down so many times they don't care either way...they have lost their love for college football, but are still pro-Wyoming? I could go on and on. Personally, just because I am not in line to give Bohl a handy-J, doesn't mean I don't believe he won't get it done. I think he will get it done. In 6 years.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

JimmyDimes wrote:
cali2wyo wrote:
joshvanklomp wrote:I actually admire his staying for the last title. Shows he has commitment to finish what he started.
The guy who became a fan of Wyoming athletics only after Bohl was hired as coach admires what Bohl did.... Total shocker.
I've been a fan for over 40 years and feel the exact same way. It just shows what type of person Bohl is...he honors his commitments and finishes the job at hand.
Not saying he's wrong, just that his opinion is completely expected
tweaked
Ranch Hand

After flying out to see Brett, Bohl made a personal visit with Thompson. Fault lies with Thompson and whichever idiot advised him to go to Utah. Certainly not Bohl.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

I appreciate Bohl stayed and got his title, They would have won it with or without him but knowing he finished what he started goes a long ways in my book.

Time frame wise no coach could have built a respectable recruiting class during the short amount of time it took for him to use the University plane and fly to see potential QB's that would have more than likely secured more wins.

I won't say I give him a pass for his first recruiting class but I also don't count it as a true recruitment year.

For those of you bitching about him not coming earlier, If it was a reverse position and our coach was going to leave to another school before the Bowl Game you would all be throwing a poop fit quit being hypocrites about his choice.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Wyo2dal wrote:I appreciate Bohl stayed and got his title, They would have won it with or without him but knowing he finished what he started goes a long ways in my book.

Time frame wise no coach could have built a respectable recruiting class during the short amount of time it took for him to use the University plane and fly to see potential QB's that would have more than likely secured more wins.

I won't say I give him a pass for his first recruiting class but I also don't count it as a true recruitment year.

For those of you bitching about him not coming earlier, If it was a reverse position and our coach was going to leave to another school before the Bowl Game you would all be throwing a poop fit quit being hypocrites about his choice.
tweaked wrote:After flying out to see Brett, Bohl made a personal visit with Thompson. Fault lies with Thompson and whichever idiot advised him to go to Utah. Certainly not Bohl.
These.
So Bitch Brigade (good name, I think I'll keep if for you guys), stop your constant bitching about Bohl either not coming in immediately or about being the "reason" behind Thompson leaving. Bohl wanted to see what he built at NDSU through the playoffs one last time, during a time he would not have been able to recruit anyways, and he paid Thompson a visit and it was Thompson that pulled the dick move and transferred out of no where.
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

McPeachy wrote:Maybe it is just me (in all seriousness) but I am not sure that recruits eagerly tune into FCS championship games...I don't think that fans of FBS football do that. I certainly didn't / don't. I am an FBS fan - being a Wyoming fan - and could give a hot poop about anything FCS. Hell I don't even know where NDSU is located, nor do I care. They are like a highway fender bender to me. They may get my attention for 5 - 10 seconds, but after that, I won't remember anything about it, nor care.

And I also am not sure any recruits tuned in, watched, or even paid attention to NDSU beating KSU. Maybe a few certainly, and definitely recruits of North Dakota (the university), and probably Kansas (the state). It isn't like Casper Natrona took on the Florida Gators and beat them. Most people probably thought it was a fluke that saw in on the "ticker".

I also am in the camp with BeaverPoke on his timing. He could have been in place at UW with at least 2 weeks left to contact recruits instead of f-word around in North Dakota trying to get another trophy. But it was probably tied to $$, so I can't really say I blame him. Sucked, and still sucks for us UW fans, but after 3 or 4 more years it won't matter anyway.

There were over 1.1 million viewers for the FCS champ game in 2013. That is more than the Fight Hunger Bowl that year between Ariz St. and Navy (1.07m) and the Heart of Dallas Bowl- OK. St.
and Purdue (943k viewers).
The semi final also brought in 974k views. Now most of your bowls ranged around 2-4+ mil viewers that year with exception of your bigger bowls. Now call me crazy, but I'm pretty sure there probable isn't 1.1 mil NDSU and SHSU fans out there.

We want to say bowls for WYO help our recruiting, because it gets our name out there. But how many people watched WYO v Fresno st, or Temple?
And if it gets our name out there, why not his?
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

fromolwyoming wrote:So Bitch Brigade (good name, I think I'll keep if for you guys), stop your constant bitching about Bohl either not coming in immediately or about being the "reason" behind Thompson leaving. Bohl wanted to see what he built at NDSU through the playoffs one last time, during a time he would not have been able to recruit anyways, and he paid Thompson a visit and it was Thompson that pulled the dick move and transferred out of no where.
Personally, I could give a poop about Thompson. There was no guarantee he would have succeeded at UW. There is no guarantee on anything in life. Things happen for a reason. We need to let him (and Brett) GO.

You need to quit mis-speaking though. Bohl, had he arrived when hired, would have had at least 2 weeks to recruit before the non-contact period began. Would it have mattered? Maybe, maybe not. I am thinking it would have. But that is probably too logical for some of you to accept.

Again...6 year project. I think it happens. Patience is a virtue.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

cali2wyo wrote:
This makes no sense. If Bohl did something worth criticizing, I would criticize it. Unfortunately for you, this isn't one of those times.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 3 times

Interesting that Gentry was really impressed with Allen at qb. Says he has never seen someone throw the ball that hard.
PotatoCreekPete
Cowpoke

BeaverPoke wrote:Saying Bohl gets a free pass for his first class is poop.

He chose to stay in North Dakota and not get started on recruiting. He made a choice, albeit it, a tough choice, but he made the choice to prioritize NDSU over Wyoming.

I highly doubt it will be the downfall of Wyo football (that already happened a long time ago), but it's not doing him any favors.

I remember waiting for class to start talking with Jason Thompson and Thompson said he wished Bohl would leave NDSU asap and get started at Wyo. Now, I have no idea if Bohl waiting so long is contributed to Thompson leaving, but at the end of the day, certain players are more valuable than others, and if it did contribute in Thompson leaving Wyo, Bohl staying to win a 3rd FCS title essentially cost Wyoming a bowl game or two.

You have got to start the "coulda woulda shoulda" convo when talking about it, but Thompson sure does give us a better chance to win last season than Kirk, along with being a returning starter this season would put Wyo a lot closer to the 6 wins as there would have been momentum in the program.

Did Jason Thompson tell you the truth, that he LIED to Bohl when Coach Bohl made a specific trip up to the Pacific NW to visit him and Smith? Thompson gave every indication to Bohl that he would be returning to UW, while at the same time he had already submitted his papers to get into Utah! (Thompson had to already have submitted his paperwork to Utah by the time that Bohl had come up to see him for him to make the deadline of getting in for the second semester.) Jason Thompson is a LIAR pure and simple and he lied to you straight to your face and you try and say that Bohl keeping his word and seeing the NDSU season out might had something to do with Thompson leaving, what horsesh&t.....the QB coach at UW was trying to get a job at Utah at the time and he talked to Thompson and guess what, Thompson transfers, did Thompson tell you this? I commend Bohl for giving his word and sticking to it, which was far more than Thompson ever did. Thompson is the poster child for selfish athletes that make stupid decisions, and frankly I am glad he is no longer at UW.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

fromolwyoming wrote:
Wyo2dal wrote:I appreciate Bohl stayed and got his title, They would have won it with or without him but knowing he finished what he started goes a long ways in my book.

tweaked wrote:After flying out to see Brett, Bohl made a personal visit with Thompson. Fault lies with Thompson and whichever idiot advised him to go to Utah. Certainly not Bohl.
These.
So Bitch Brigade (good name, I think I'll keep if for you guys), stop your constant bitching about Bohl either not coming in immediately or about being the "reason" behind Thompson leaving. Bohl wanted to see what he built at NDSU through the playoffs one last time, during a time he would not have been able to recruit anyways, and he paid Thompson a visit and it was Thompson that pulled the dick move and transferred out of no where.

My constant bitching about Bohl coming in too late?

This is a joke right?

I have complained about it in this thread and MAYBE 1 thread after Bohl was hired.

Did I say that Bohl not coming is right away caused Thompson to transfer? Nope. If you think I did, please go find it.

Here is what I said. "I remember waiting for class to start talking with Jason Thompson and Thompson said he wished Bohl would leave NDSU asap and get started at Wyo. Now, I have no idea if Bohl waiting so long is contributed to Thompson leaving, but at the end of the day, certain players are more valuable than others, and if it did contribute in Thompson leaving Wyo, Bohl staying to win a 3rd FCS title essentially cost Wyoming a bowl game or two."

Notice that part where I say "I HAVE NO IDEA" referring to Bohl coming in late potentially causing Thompson to transfer?

The whole point of my post was to have discussion about the timing of Bohl's arrival in Laramie.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

PotatoCreekPete wrote:

He chose to stay in North Dakota and not get started on recruiting. He made a choice, albeit it, a tough choice, but he made the choice to prioritize NDSU over Wyoming.

I highly doubt it will be the downfall of Wyo football (that already happened a long time ago), but it's not doing him any favors.

I remember waiting for class to start talking with Jason Thompson and Thompson said he wished Bohl would leave NDSU asap and get started at Wyo. Now, I have no idea if Bohl waiting so long is contributed to Thompson leaving, but at the end of the day, certain players are more valuable than others, and if it did contribute in Thompson leaving Wyo, Bohl staying to win a 3rd FCS title essentially cost Wyoming a bowl game or two.

You have got to start the "coulda woulda shoulda" convo when talking about it, but Thompson sure does give us a better chance to win last season than Kirk, along with being a returning starter this season would put Wyo a lot closer to the 6 wins as there would have been momentum in the program.

Did Jason Thompson tell you the truth, that he LIED to Bohl when Coach Bohl made a specific trip up to the Pacific NW to visit him and Smith? Thompson gave every indication to Bohl that he would be returning to UW, while at the same time he had already submitted his papers to get into Utah! (Thompson had to already have submitted his paperwork to Utah by the time that Bohl had come up to see him for him to make the deadline of getting in for the second semester.) Jason Thompson is a LIAR pure and simple and he lied to you straight to your face and you try and say that Bohl keeping his word and seeing the NDSU season out might had something to do with Thompson leaving, what horsesh&t.....the QB coach at UW was trying to get a job at Utah at the time and he talked to Thompson and guess what, Thompson transfers, did Thompson tell you this? I commend Bohl for giving his word and sticking to it, which was far more than Thompson ever did. Thompson is the poster child for selfish athletes that make stupid decisions, and frankly I am glad he is no longer at UW.
Did Thompson lie to me? Yep. Ask Wyokoke. Jason Thompson sat there and told us that Brett Smith is not declaring for the draft and is coming back for his senior season.

Did Thompson lie about wanting Bohl to come in ASAP? Probably not. I highly doubt he was in Utah at that point, especially considering it was right before a test in the Classroom Building.

But I do like how you lied and said "you try and say that Bohl keeping his word and seeing the NDSU season out might had something to do with Thompson leaving".
I never said that. Don't mix up me pointing out something a player said at one point, then WONDERING if it contributed to him leaving for me just outright saying Bohl staying in Fargo made Thompson leave for SLC.

YOU connected those dots, not me. I was wondering about it. You are the one who decided to make that jump, not me.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
PotatoCreekPete
Cowpoke

BeaverPoke wrote:
PotatoCreekPete wrote:

Did Thompson lie to me? Yep. Ask Wyokoke. Jason Thompson sat there and told us that Brett Smith is not declaring for the draft and is coming back for his senior season.

Did Thompson lie about wanting Bohl to come in ASAP? Probably not. I highly doubt he was in Utah at that point, especially considering it was right before a test in the Classroom Building.

But I do like how you lied and said "you try and say that Bohl keeping his word and seeing the NDSU season out might had something to do with Thompson leaving".
I never said that. Don't mix up me pointing out something a player said at one point, then WONDERING if it contributed to him leaving for me just outright saying Bohl staying in Fargo made Thompson leave for SLC.

YOU connected those dots, not me. I was wondering about it. You are the one who decided to make that jump, not me.
YOU are the one who brought it up, and then you want to run away from your own questions and assumptions. You talk out of both sides of your mouth and then want to hide. It is total BS what you brought up, and your post has to be one of the most horsesh&t ones that I have ever read. I quoted you and you are trying to say that I lied, only someone devoid of dealing with reality would try to say that someone else lied when they quote you verbatim. Your post and points are horsesh&t and you got caught with your own words. Lie yourself out of your own quotes, no one twisted or changed your words, and yet you still can't face the truth. Your pathetic argument only shows that a lack of intellectual honesty is the way that you like to deal with things that are uncomfortable to you, like having your own words come back to haunt you. Your continued protests to the opposite only make you look worse, but I have no doubt that you will come on and try that. I have been around a lot longer than you and I have seen people like you too many times, protest all you want, but it doesn't change the horsesh&t nature of your post.
Last edited by PotatoCreekPete on Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
BJC
A Real Cowboy

damn............hug it out guys :cry:
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 147 times

Those ships have sailed boys
W-Y, Until I Die!
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 3 times

Read that Tapscott and Nico Evans are going to get the ball quite a bit, too. That makes FOUR solid RBs.

I think we have some solid WRs. Huge game changers? Probably not, but solid.
We are loaded at RB.
I think Coffman and Allen are and will be formidable QBs. Coffman ran everything last year behind the scenes, just didn't get to play the games. Not like we are having a Juco guy learn the O.

Defense? This is the biggest ? for me whether we win 6-7 games or 3-4. I have no idea what all of these changes mean for us.

I kind of expected Whaca to be bigger by now. He still seems like he needs about 15 more lbs on him.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Been liked: 2 times

djm19 wrote:Read that Tapscott and Nico Evans are going to get the ball quite a bit, too. That makes FOUR solid RBs.

I think we have some solid WRs. Huge game changers? Probably not, but solid.
We are loaded at RB.
I think Coffman and Allen are and will be formidable QBs. Coffman ran everything last year behind the scenes, just didn't get to play the games. Not like we are having a Juco guy learn the O.

Defense? This is the biggest ? for me whether we win 6-7 games or 3-4. I have no idea what all of these changes mean for us.

I kind of expected Whaca to be bigger by now. He still seems like he needs about 15 more lbs on him.
Well, the weights haven't been updated since last year, so...
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Lol really?

Me: IDK if Bohl showing up late contributed to Thompson leaving.

Potato: THAT'S poop SAYING THAT'S THE REASON THOMSPON LEFT.

Me: I didn't say that, I said I don't know if it contributed or not.

Potato: THAT'S poop I QUOTED YOU AND YOU LIED.

Dude, if you quoted me saying that Bohl's late arrival caused Thompson to leave, show me, please.

But if you go and find that all I said was "I don't know if it contributed to it" then re-read it and realize I didn't say he caused him to leave.

FFS man, chill out and get off your damn high horse and read what I said.
Slow Hand
Cowpoke

LOL Looks like Potato is reading things into other people's posts.......hmmm imagine that. This is the same dude that ridiculed me because I called Uso "Uce" in another post. He is so out of touch that he didn't even realize that is what everybody in the locker room calls him. (It is often called a nick name Potato) In the same thread he tried to interject meaning into a statement that I made and then turned around and tried to demean me for being to ambiguous. Seems like his "M.O." to me. (That would be a Modus Operandi).