2017 recruiting thread,

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

Never thought we had a real good shot at Parker Stewart from the beginning but figured maybe there was a slim chance to get him but sounds like that is getting to be pretty much off the table.

http://www.scout.com/college/basketball ... rt-hardest

BRIAN SNOW
Tuesday at 11:14 AM
Three schools have really ramped up the interest in combo guard Parker Stewart.

“The schools recruiting me the hardest I’d say are probably Ole Miss, Georgetown, and Wisconsin,” said Stewart.
About the Badgers, Stewart said, “Wisconsin loves shooters, and I can shoot. I think I would fit into their system well.”
Under Andy Kennedy Ole Miss has had very good guard play, and Stewart likes the freedom he would have in their system.
“They let their guards play,” explained Stewart of the Rebels. “Whoever plays the one or two has freedom to shoot, and while they don’t run a ton of sets, they do work to get their shooters open.”
When it comes to the Hoyas, Stewart said, “Georgetown is recruiting me to play the one, and I want to play there in college, so I like them a lot.”

I guess he said he will take visits to schools and then decide where he wants to go. Don't think we have much of a chance but doesn't surprise me.

Hopefully we can pick up a couple of guys that can contribute sooner rather than later.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
poke_addict
Cowpoke
Been liked: 3 times

seattlecowboy wrote:Never thought we had a real good shot at Parker Stewart from the beginning but figured maybe there was a slim chance to get him but sounds like that is getting to be pretty much off the table.

http://www.scout.com/college/basketball ... rt-hardest

BRIAN SNOW
Tuesday at 11:14 AM
Three schools have really ramped up the interest in combo guard Parker Stewart.

“The schools recruiting me the hardest I’d say are probably Ole Miss, Georgetown, and Wisconsin,” said Stewart.
About the Badgers, Stewart said, “Wisconsin loves shooters, and I can shoot. I think I would fit into their system well.”
Under Andy Kennedy Ole Miss has had very good guard play, and Stewart likes the freedom he would have in their system.
“They let their guards play,” explained Stewart of the Rebels. “Whoever plays the one or two has freedom to shoot, and while they don’t run a ton of sets, they do work to get their shooters open.”
When it comes to the Hoyas, Stewart said, “Georgetown is recruiting me to play the one, and I want to play there in college, so I like them a lot.”

I guess he said he will take visits to schools and then decide where he wants to go. Don't think we have much of a chance but doesn't surprise me.

Hopefully we can pick up a couple of guys that can contribute sooner rather than later.
Yeah I haven't thought our chances of landing him were great for awhile now. He could still surprise the world and choose us but I definitely wouldn't put money on that though.
As far as this class goes there is still a lot of talent we could land. I think Darius Banks is the top priority for this class. He is super aggressive, can hit the three, and is much more athletic than Parker. I have always been impressed with this kid and feel he could play right away. He is flying under the radar even with a couple sites listing him as a 4 star recruit.
Damari Milstead or Sylvain Francisco would be a good option for the 1 both are different styles of play but both are considered the top pgs in northern cali at the moment.
Samuta Avea another wing player that just reminds me of Luke Martinez in every way ON THE COURT lol just silky smooth.
Tyler Bey and Greg Floyd Jr. are only 2 star recruits but would be a huge get if we could land one of them. Both around 6-8 and can play. If you guys thought Parker was highly recruited go look at some of the offers these guys have damn impressive. Both have about 20 offers to their name, a lot of Pac 12 schools want these guys.
Wyatt Yess all I know is he is tall and can shoot the three and looks freakishly like Hayden Dalton. With probably 20 more pounds on him already.
I would love to get Parker but I feel if we can get some of these guys we will be in pretty good shape moving forward. Look forward to see how all this plays out go pokes.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

Add Hunter Thompson back to this list. He's not going to Creighton anymore.
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Looking at that list, we've got a legit shot
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Very cool. It was cool of Parker to throw us in there. Hope we get him
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 136 times
Been liked: 145 times

That's great! Parker would be great here!

I bet he goes to Butler

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
W-Y, Until I Die!
Wyolie Coyote
Cowpoke

Don't be surprised if Hunter Thompson's decommitment has some bearing on Parker's final choice. These two sided by side would be a huge coup.
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

Wyolie Coyote wrote:Don't be surprised if Hunter Thompson's decommitment has some bearing on Parker's final choice. These two sided by side would be a huge coup.
They've never played together, so I don't think there's much of a connection there.

At the moment we only have 1 scholarship available, right? So somebody will have to leave the program/recruit decommit if we want both of these guys
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

cali2wyo wrote:
Wyolie Coyote wrote:Don't be surprised if Hunter Thompson's decommitment has some bearing on Parker's final choice. These two sided by side would be a huge coup.
They've never played together, so I don't think there's much of a connection there.

At the moment we only have 1 scholarship available, right? So somebody will have to leave the program/recruit decommit if we want both of these guys
we usually over recruit by one(at least in the past with SHyatt) because they know attrition will take place so I don't think it is too much trouble to get both if they wanted to come. Hope we can land them bot hit would be awesome.
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

I really like our chances with Stewart. We are up against some great teams but we are in the top 3 or 4 not just the top 7. So we have a good shot.

http://trib.com/sports/college/wyoming/ ... ac49e.html
Wyolie Coyote
Cowpoke

cali2wyo wrote:

I have heard they crossed paths and have talked.

We have two scholarships open as of right now. One from this year and one will open up next year, actually two next year but one goes to Maldonado.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

Wyolie Coyote wrote:
cali2wyo wrote:

We have two scholarships open as of right now. One from this year and one will open up next year, actually two next year but one goes to Maldonado.
Doesn't Mueller have the one for this year?

W-Y, Until I Die!
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

laxwyo wrote:
Wyolie Coyote wrote:
cali2wyo wrote:

Doesn't Mueller have the one for this year?

Yes but we had 2 scholarships this year. Josh's and Trey's. We still have one available to sign someone this year but they said they may hold onto it.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

Wouldn't Conways Be for this years as well?

W-Y, Until I Die!
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

laxwyo wrote:Wouldn't Conways Be for this years as well?

Oh yeah. I forgot his but I also forgot about us signing Brodericks Jones.
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

Wyolie Coyote wrote:
cali2wyo wrote:

Thanks for the info. I forgot about Conway's scholarship opening up as well. So if we hold on to that/use it on a 5th year guy this year we can still sign 2 guys plus Maldonado as part of the 2017 class. Maybe in my head I thought the walk-on was actually a scholarship guy... thanks for correcting me!
LifeItself
Buckaroo

Per his twitter, Tyler Bey has trimmed his list down to six schools:
San Diego St.
Fresno St.
New Mexico
CU
Arizona St.
WYOMING!

The recruiting sites have him as an average of 3.7 Stars. This may be a better get than Thompson.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Edwards and the new staff can recruit. That much is obvious
poke_addict
Cowpoke
Been liked: 3 times