Theo Dawson update

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Yabadabadoo
Cowpoke

LanderPoke wrote:It's all you guys that talk out of both sides of your mouths. Wyo needs better players and better recruits blah, blah, blah, but you would not even send your own kids here! This is why we have the problem we do. Where's the pride and loyalty?We need to act and believe that we are the best - that's the first step.

No doubt about it LP...I'm pretty dismayed at much of what I read on here. Then they talk about 'realities', as if this is supposed to explain anything. Realities? Well then if the realities are what they describe -- then perhaps they should lower their expectations of our football program - hell all of our sports teams - based upon those iron clad...realities. They want Bohl and company to recruit like the dickens...but when it comes to Wyoming kids? Well...that's when 'realities' seem to settle in. It's comical.
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

DINO wrote:
LanderPoke wrote:It's all you guys that talk out of both sides of your mouths. Wyo needs better players and better recruits blah, blah, blah, but you would not even send your own kids here! This is why we have the problem we do. Where's the pride and loyalty?We need to act and believe that we are the best - that's the first step.

No doubt about it LP...I'm pretty dismayed at much of what I read on here. Then they talk about 'realities', as if this is supposed to explain anything. Realities? Well then if the realities are what they describe -- then perhaps they should lower their expectations of our football program - hell all of our sports teams - based upon those iron clad...realities. They want Bohl and company to recruit like the dickens...but when it comes to Wyoming kids? Well...that's when 'realities' seem to settle in. It's comical.
Isn't it unrealistic on your end to expect Wyoming kids to blindly accept an offer to Wyoming? Kids should be proud of any offer they receive, then have the time to figure out which is best for them. Not saying you're wrong DINO, also not saying Stanford beating UW 99 times out of 100 is a "reality" either.

Regardless of who's right, can the mod's please change the name of this thread. I would hate for Mr. Dawson to come on here and read some of these things. Let the kid be proud of his offers, let him take visits to schools that might be a good fit, and I hope to God that Bohl and co. have created an environment that is a perfect fit for him when the dust settles and he recognizes it.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

Yeah! We should run to Alabama's or USC's or ___ recruits and get them here damnit!

We need to continually recruit better. Beat the P5 consistently? Not gonna happen. Even BSU gets very few kids that also have P5 offers.

Don't hate us realists for the way the game is. Hate the game. The NCAA and the P5 have created this.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
Yabadabadoo
Cowpoke

Here is what is imperative to me, when there is a blue chip high school football player in this state, he exits at Grand Avenue, turns on to 1000 E University Ave -- and heads over to War Memorial Stadium to play his collegiate football. Period.
Coeur d' Alene
Cowpoke

DINO wrote:Here is what is imperative to me, when there is a blue chip high school football player in this state, he exits at Grand Avenue, turns on to 1000 E University Ave -- and heads over to War Memorial Stadium to play his collegiate football. Period.
You prob also want that athlete to be ultra competitive too right? Beating a Pac 12 team for a recruit should never be thought of as probable. What kind of competitive person wouldn't want to prove themselves on or against an SC or Oregon?

The worry shouldn't be about losing this guy in a recruiting battle against a pac12 team or BYU the worry is can Wyoming beat out Utah state
Yabadabadoo
Cowpoke

Coeur d' Alene wrote:
DINO wrote:Here is what is imperative to me, when there is a blue chip high school football player in this state, he exits at Grand Avenue, turns on to 1000 E University Ave -- and heads over to War Memorial Stadium to play his collegiate football. Period.
You prob also want that athlete to be ultra competitive too right? Beating a Pac 12 team for a recruit should never be thought of as probable. What kind of competitive person wouldn't want to prove themselves on or against an SC or Oregon?

The worry shouldn't be about losing this guy in a recruiting battle against a pac12 team or BYU the worry is can Wyoming beat out Utah state
I forgot to mention that I want to be on the team during the program's rise when ESPN's College Gameday makes it's way to Laramie.
Coeur d' Alene
Cowpoke

489 yards rushing and 5 td's. Pretty decent first round playoff game.

Maybe wyomings best chance is to recruit him as a running back?

Wyoming was considered by Tevis for the opportunity to play qb. A lot of people thought that was just a lie to try to get him to Laramie and then switch him to defense. Would he really have gotten a chance to play qb? Well he'd be the starting qb right now as a true freshmen
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Theo is going to Stanford. Wyo has .0000001% chance at this point.
Coeur d' Alene
Cowpoke

djm19 wrote:Theo is going to Stanford. Wyo has .0000001% chance at this point.
I don't disagree that Wyoming chances are very small.

Does he have an offer from Stanford? They have 19 commits already.
pokes307
Buckaroo

Speaking to his family a few times, I've came away with the understanding he will be going on his LDS mission. Also know he has been to Air Force, Wyoming and Stanford the last three weeks on visits. Doesn't sound like he's high on BYU, all they have offered is a preferred walk-on. Seems like Stanford is the front runner, but not sure where they stand on an offer with his mission. I know Coach Bohl has said he'd be dumb if he wouldn't keep a scholarship available for a 20-21 year old freshman. They said they still have visits to Utah, Michigan and Northwestern later on. But I wouldn't count Wyoming out. Just seems like we will have to wait a few years either way.
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

pokes307 wrote:Speaking to his family a few times, I've came away with the understanding he will be going on his LDS mission. Also know he has been to Air Force, Wyoming and Stanford the last three weeks on visits. Doesn't sound like he's high on BYU, all they have offered is a preferred walk-on. Seems like Stanford is the front runner, but not sure where they stand on an offer with his mission. I know Coach Bohl has said he'd be dumb if he wouldn't keep a scholarship available for a 20-21 year old freshman. They said they still have visits to Utah, Michigan and Northwestern later on. But I wouldn't count Wyoming out. Just seems like we will have to wait a few years either way.
Can you go to an Academy as a 20 year old returned missionary? And Taysom Hill originally committed to Stanford but was asked to leave his mission early to begin playing sooner so he transferred to BYU, so I assume Stanford would fall back if he decides to go on a mission
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 599 times
Been liked: 239 times

Like you have a clue
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

LanderPoke wrote:
Like you have a clue
We shall see how clueless I really am here.

To be continued...
football44
Buckaroo

ragtimejoe1 wrote:I'd love to see the kid in Brown and Gold!

This is one of the biggest decisions in his life. If he were my son, I'd encourage him to look around a little and see what is the best fit. It isn't all about football.

Wishing him the best in his Senior year and hope he has a highly successful collegiate career on and off the field wherever it might be!
Thank you! It is a big decision and I am definitely considering all of my options, but the Pokes are still a front runner
football44
Buckaroo

-
Last edited by football44 on Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Craig Bohl is certainly a good one to play for if you are a running back!
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

football44 wrote:I don't know where anyone got the idea that I'm not excited about Cowboy Football from... I am very excited about Cowboy football and Coach Bohl, he was at my house last night, and I am taking an official visit there this weekend. My decision process isn't even close to being complete, and I have some big things to consider. And yes, to those rumors of me playing running back, they are true and that is what I am now being recruited as.
If you are actually who you present yourself to be, welcome to our little corner of the internet. I would also advise that you take anything you read on this board with a giant grain of salt. For the most part, we are a bunch of die-hard Wyo fans that just want to see the Cowboys win; don't be offended by what you read here. Enjoy the recruiting process as well as your visit to Laramie.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

WestWYOPoke wrote:
football44 wrote:I don't know where anyone got the idea that I'm not excited about Cowboy Football from... I am very excited about Cowboy football and Coach Bohl, he was at my house last night, and I am taking an official visit there this weekend. My decision process isn't even close to being complete, and I have some big things to consider. And yes, to those rumors of me playing running back, they are true and that is what I am now being recruited as.
If you are actually who you present yourself to be, welcome to our little corner of the internet. I would also advise that you take anything you read on this board with a giant grain of salt. For the most part, we are a bunch of die-hard Wyo fans that just want to see the Cowboys win; don't be offended by what you read here. Enjoy the recruiting process as well as your visit to Laramie.
I second this.
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

Do not take anything personally. Everyone is passionate and feel very strongly about whatever they prognosticate. Please don't let these knuckle heads dissuade you and your decision. Do what is best for you. We hope that's at UW...but only you and your family can make that decision.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

kdwrightuwyo wrote:Do not take anything personally. Everyone is passionate and feel very strongly about whatever they prognosticate. Please don't let these knuckle heads dissuade you and your decision. Do what is best for you. We hope that's at UW...but only you and your family can make that decision.
It's definitely UW ;)