Thought this was interesting

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

Maybe this was posted and discussed, but here are Glenn's thoughts on Bohl:

http://kfgo.com/blogs/so-many-opinions- ... -location/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Here is an article where Glenn says the same thing about flying into Denver and then the drive to Laramie:
http://www.wyomingnews.com/articles/200 ... bt9QPlViko" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That actually makes sense as to why location is a limiting factor at WYO. Now then, just why in the hell is Burman not working like hell to get an exemption to this rule? Surely, even the NCAA, could understand the dangers involved in that drive versus flights. Either that or Burman needs to get our coaches money to get these kids into the Laramie airport.

My second thought is that we need a fricking dome. I don't give a damn about tradition, outdoors, and all that crap. Glenn is right; Laramie is a miserable place to play football at times. Sue me. I want a dome.

Not to derail the thread, but I also noticed that the IPF and WAR upgrades were in place by that second article which was Burman's first year. That means all the chest thumping about those by the Burman fanboys is taking credit for something he didn't do.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

ragtimejoe1 wrote:Maybe this was posted and discussed, but here are Glenn's thoughts on Bohl:

http://kfgo.com/blogs/so-many-opinions- ... -location/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Here is an article where Glenn says the same thing about flying into Denver and then the drive to Laramie:
http://www.wyomingnews.com/articles/200 ... bt9QPlViko" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That actually makes sense as to why location is a limiting factor at WYO. Now then, just why in the hell is Burman not working like hell to get an exemption to this rule? Surely, even the NCAA, could understand the dangers involved in that drive versus flights. Either that or Burman needs to get our coaches money to get these kids into the Laramie airport.

My second thought is that we need a fricking dome. I don't give a damn about tradition, outdoors, and all that crap. Glenn is right; Laramie is a miserable place to play football at times. Sue me. I want a dome.

Not to derail the thread, but I also noticed that the IPF and WAR upgrades were in place by that second article which was Burman's first year. That means all the chest thumping about those by the Burman fanboys is taking credit for something he didn't do.
Yes, the original renovations to the WAR and the IPF were in place. The New RAC, Olympic Training Facility, New Pool, New Golf Facility, Renovations and Future renovations for the AA have all come in his term. Thats not chest thumping, its just what it is. I am certainly not a huge fan of Burman but give credit where its due.

Flame attack in 3...2...1... "But, but, but, the AA has changed since acceptance." Yeah thats construction. "But, but, but the WAR is outdated and poop and our biggest money maker. He's so short sighted. " The Reno is coming to the west side. It doesn't happen overnight. "But, but, but it took hime 5 months to get Shyatt extended after he extended that turd HS in 3 weeks." Yeah. That makes sense. HS was a worthless turd who knew he was robbing the school blind and accepted before the deal was pulled off the table. Shyatt was demanding a lot and was waiting on an NBA interview. That situation wasn't going to be rushed.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Yes, the original renovations to the WAR and the IPF were in place. The New RAC, Olympic Training Facility, New Pool, New Golf Facility, Renovations and Future renovations for the AA have all come in his term. Thats not chest thumping, its just what it is. I am certainly not a huge fan of Burman but give credit where its due.
Umm, I think it pretty clearly demonstrates that what Burman has done is not exceptional or even above average. The state supports buildings and the state money is "easy money" which is why every athletic director has been able to get facility upgrades.

So yeah, he gets credit for doing what his immediate predecessors have done. Get buildings and lose. Here is food for thought: our records got worse after the upgrades.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

ragtimejoe1 wrote:
ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Yes, the original renovations to the WAR and the IPF were in place. The New RAC, Olympic Training Facility, New Pool, New Golf Facility, Renovations and Future renovations for the AA have all come in his term. Thats not chest thumping, its just what it is. I am certainly not a huge fan of Burman but give credit where its due.
Umm, I think it pretty clearly demonstrates that what Burman has done is not exceptional or even above average. The state supports buildings and the state money is "easy money" which is why every athletic director has been able to get facility upgrades.

So yeah, he gets credit for doing what his immediate predecessors have done. Get buildings and lose. Here is food for thought: our records got worse after the upgrades.
Wait, he gets no credit for bringing in top level coaches (We all agreed that CDC was a huge win for the Pokes, Shyatt is only recently had success, and Bohl has a mountain to climb) but gets all the blame when the teams don't succeed? AND he has the most recent NCAA appearance and Conference tourney championship under his tenure. Thats getting worse?

He also gets no credit for facilities? Under his watch we have become one of the premiere universities in the west for facilities and thats just ho hum, no big deal? Every university and athletic director get that? How many other universities in the country have an High Altitude Olympic Training facility? When I read the article, it said there wasn't another in the country, you would obviously know, that must have changed in the last 6 weeks. Its now commonplace.

The state didnt fund the entire AA renovation, hence why its not done (along with the cost of building going up). The state didnt fund the entire Pool project. The state didnt fund the entire golf project. The state isn't going to fund the entire WAR remodel. Thats why things are named for people, because he goes out and secures outside donations. The new court isn't called Maury Brown Court because the legislature likes Town and Country Super Market liquors, its because he donated a lot of money to that project. Donors don't give if they don't trust, like, or support the athletic department. He's doing a lot more right than this board gives him credit for.
Last edited by ItSucksToBeACSURam on Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: He's doing a lot more right than this board gives him credit for.
:shock: Really? Based on what? He is the single reason our bball program tanked. He hired his buddy AND EXTENDED him.

Every AD we've had has been able to get facility upgrades largely due to state funding. Burman has done nothing his predecessors haven't been able to do.

Shyatt has done well despite Burman. Hopefully Bohl will too.

When Burman started our budget was MORE than CSU and now we lag behind. Our budget in the MWC is near bottom and our rate of increase is near bottom. The MWC has gotten weaker and our position within the MWC has done the same. The only thing Burman has done is hire Shyatt and Bohl, and I'm convinced any AD could have gotten that done.

Have you heard Burman ever bring up the airport deal Glenn was talking about? No. It is obviously a limitation in our recruiting; have you heard him petitioning the NCAA to help? No.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

ragtimejoe1 wrote:
ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: He's doing a lot more right than this board gives him credit for.
:shock: Really? Based on what? He is the single reason our bball program tanked. He hired his buddy AND EXTENDED him.

Every AD we've had has been able to get facility upgrades largely due to state funding. Burman has done nothing his predecessors (whom we fired) haven't been able to do.

Shyatt has done well despite Burman. Hopefully Bohl will too.

When Burman started our budget was MORE than CSU and now we lag behind. Our budget in the MWC is near bottom and our rate of increase is near bottom. The MWC has gotten weaker and our position within the MWC has done the same. The only thing Burman has done is hire Shyatt and Bohl, and I'm convinced any AD could have gotten that done.

Have you heard Burman ever bring up the airport deal Glenn was talking about? No. It is obviously a limitation in our recruiting; have you heard him petitioning the NCAA to help? No.
This proves my point EXACTLY.

Its Burmans fault for hiring and extending Shroyer (no argument) and watching him run it into the ground. Its his fault for hiring CDC (when we all were stoked about the hire, as was the national sports media) and watching him run it into the ground. But when Shyatt (a Burman hire and extension) finds success its despite Burman? When Bohl (also a Burman hire) turns around the football team, it'll be despite Burman? Youre not giving him the credit he deserves. He could have RE-Extended Shroyer. He could have gone out and hired some other moron with no business coaching a D1 team. But he (and the committee) did not.

I don't get why you can't just give him SOME credit. I am not asking for you to embrace him and love him and sing his praises (god knows I don't and will not) but at least recognize the good we've had under him.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: This proves my point EXACTLY.
Oh, make no mistake, and I've said numerous times, I don't think all the failed coaches are terrible coaches but they were in a spot because of Burman in which success was less likely. Since the MWC formed, WYO has done well on the facility front regardless of who was in charge. Burman has allowed us to slip in every measurable way beyond facilities.

So yeah, our coaches are winning despite him and the previous coaches lost in part because of lack of support by him.

Any AD worth their salt would be all over this plane problem. Has Burman even asked the NCAA to consider our problem?
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

ragtimejoe1 wrote:
Oh, make no mistake, and I've said numerous times, I don't think all the failed coaches are terrible coaches but they were in a spot because of Burman in which success was less likely. Since the MWC formed, WYO has done well on the facility front regardless of who was in charge. Burman has allowed us to slip in every measurable way beyond facilities.

So yeah, our coaches are winning despite him and the previous coaches lost in part because of lack of support by him.

Any AD worth their salt would be all over this plane problem. Has Burman even asked the NCAA to consider our problem?
Like MWC Tourney Championships? Like NCAA appearances for the first time in what, 15 years? Like getting 3 of our student athletes professional contracts including an NBA first rounder? Like our wrestling program continuing to build and find high level success? Like our wrestling program being asked to the join the premiere wrestling conference in the NCAA. Like our golf team building and building and becoming a force (and producing one of the up and coming young tour professionals)? You're a moron.

How do you know he's not all over the plane problem? Just because some fan on a forum thinks its a cheaper solution, in the poop Wyoming winters, to charter a plane in so an occasional recruit doesn't have to ride from Denver, doesn't mean its true. Having spent a decent part of my military career in a flying postion, I can tell you with certainty that I want be nowhere near Laramie in January when the wind and snow are blowing. It sucks. Its dangerous. It is nothing like driving I-80. I know its hard to fathom, but there are reasons for things outside of "Burman is an incompetent dick."
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Like MWC Tourney Championships? Like NCAA appearances for the first time in what, 15 years? Like getting 3 of our student athletes professional contracts including an NBA first rounder? Like our wrestling program continuing to build and find high level success? Like our wrestling program being asked to the join the premiere wrestling conference in the NCAA. Like our golf team building and building and becoming a force (and producing one of the up and coming your tour professionals)? You're a moron.

How do you know he's not all over the plane problem? Just because some fan on a forum thinks its a cheaper solution, in the poop Wyoming winters, to charter a plane in so an occasional recruit doesn't have to ride from Denver, doesn't mean its true. Having spent a decent part of my military career in a flying postion, I can tell you with certainty that I want be nowhere near Laramie in January when the wind and snow are blowing. It sucks. Its dangerous. It is nothing like driving I-80. I know its hard to fathom, but there are reasons for things outside of "Burman is an incompetent dick."
And you are a Burman fanboy, so I do not expect you to be unbiased. The top teams leave the MWC, and our position within the MWC declines! Our budget relative to CSU declines under Burman. USU outpaces us in budget increases during Burman's years.

Did you even read the article? Is Joe Glenn some fan on a forum? If you would even bother to open your eyes, it has nothing to do with price. It is time, convenience, and an NCAA rule.

Keep your head in Burman's ass but I will guarantee, WYO athletic performance would have been NO WORSE under essentially any primate during Burman's tenure. I don't think he is a dick at all; I think he is a nice guy.

8 years and 1 MWC tournament championship in bball. By that account, McClain should have been afforded 20+ years.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

ragtimejoe1 wrote:
ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Like MWC Tourney Championships? Like NCAA appearances for the first time in what, 15 years? Like getting 3 of our student athletes professional contracts including an NBA first rounder? Like our wrestling program continuing to build and find high level success? Like our wrestling program being asked to the join the premiere wrestling conference in the NCAA. Like our golf team building and building and becoming a force (and producing one of the up and coming your tour professionals)? You're a moron.

And you are a Burman fanboy, so I do not expect you to be unbiased. The top teams leave the MWC, and our position within the MWC declines! Our budget relative to CSU declines under Burman. USU outpaces us in budget increases during Burman's years.

Did you even read the article? Is Joe Glenn some fan on a forum? If you would even bother to open your eyes, it has nothing to do with price. It is time, convenience, and an NCAA rule.

Keep your head in Burman's ass but I will guarantee, WYO athletic performance would have been NO WORSE under essentially any primate during Burman's tenure. I don't think he is a dick at all; I think he is a nice guy.

8 years and 1 MWC tournament championship in bball. By that account, McClain should have been afforded 20+ years.
I am certainly not a fanboy, he has done (or not done) plenty that pisses me off. But I am also not so blinded by hate for him that I cannot see the good thats happened under his tenure.

I did read the article. There is no doubt that Laramie is at a disadvantage geographically. But being able to fly into Laramie in the winter isnt going to close a deal with a recruit. If a recruit doesn't choose Laramie because he has to drive to Laramie instead of fly, then he probably isnt the type of player we want. We have landed a ton of great athletes with the current system and theres no evidence its driving away recruits any more than the harsh winters, high altitude, and lack of attractions/night life. Maybe Burman should petition to relocate the university so it appeases an old coach and fan forum.

8 years and 1 MWC tournament championship is a place to start. How many league championships did we have under the last regime?
NowherePoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote:
ragtimejoe1 wrote:

Like MWC Tourney Championships? Like NCAA appearances for the first time in what, 15 years? Like getting 3 of our student athletes professional contracts including an NBA first rounder? Like our wrestling program continuing to build and find high level success? Like our wrestling program being asked to the join the premiere wrestling conference in the NCAA. Like our golf team building and building and becoming a force (and producing one of the up and coming young tour professionals)? You're a moron.

Do you believe we should be competitive with CSU in intercollegiate athletics?

It's not a trick question and I think it gets to the heart of how different sides feel about Tom Burman. If you take the tact that they are a much larger University in an exponentially more populated region with local talent (and legal weed...) and that as a result we shouldn't expect to match them, than Burman's results are understandable. If you believe we should be able to match them regardless of those items, than you look at it and realize just how far behind CSU we are. Since Burman took over, they have 16 MWC titles and we have one. They have two NCAA tournament appearances and a win, we have one and zero. They have more bowl appearances (3 to 2) and their athletic budget is significantly larger than ours despite being smaller when Burman took over. The head to head in FB is 4 to 4 during that time frame so we are holding our own in that regard.

You mention that we landed our first NCAA appearance in 15 years, which is great, except the fact that Burman has been AD for almost 9 years and basically 8 seasons. His tenure and decisions are a significant part of why we had such a long drought in Men's Basketball.

The problem is trying to view things in black and white. Has Burman noted some positive accomplishments at Wyoming? I believe so. I think you have to give him credit for a number of solid coaching hires. I think his hires in Wrestling, Volleyball (Callihan), Soccer, Tennis, and Men's BB have all worked out very well and I like the hires in Track/XC (Berryhill) and FB on paper although there aren't any results year.

However, when looking at his tenure as a whole, it is clear that competitive achievements have been limited and structurally we have fallen behind (or further behind) our peers and fallen farther down the pecking order in collegiate athletics. Was that inevitable due to the continued demographic changes in the country, the impact of media revenues, and other factors? Maybe, but I think we are capable of more. JMO.

P.S. Not sure you want to call ragtime a moron one sentence after claiming our golf team is "building and building and becoming a force" while giving Burman credit for David Hearn (who was at UW when I was, and I'm old..it was well before Burman's tenure as AD). Our golf program remains near the bottom of D-1, which is understandable.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: I did read the article. There is no doubt that Laramie is at a disadvantage geographically. But being able to fly into Laramie in the winter isnt going to close a deal with a recruit. If a recruit doesn't choose Laramie because he has to drive to Laramie instead of fly, then he probably isnt the type of player we want. We have landed a ton of great athletes with the current system and theres no evidence its driving away recruits any more than the harsh winters, high altitude, and lack of attractions/night life. Maybe Burman should petition to relocate the university so it appeases an old coach and fan forum.

8 years and 1 MWC tournament championship is a place to start. How many league championships did we have under the last regime?
So how much have you recruited for an FBS school? I'll take Glenn's word on that.

Our previous regime? The Las Vegas Bowl was pretty good as was the NCAA win against Gonzaga and averaging over 10K attendance at the AA.

Here is another nugget: when Burman took over, our budget was somewhere around 25 million. Just to keep pace with inflation, our budget would need to be somewhere around 28 million. I think that means that Burman has increased our athletic budget by about 200K-300K per year. In that same time, USU was able to increase their budget by over 1 mill per year. Trust me, you don't want to know CSU's.

I don't hate Burman; I don't think Burman is a bad guy. Really outside of Schroyer, as Nowhere points out, his coaching hires have been pretty solid. However, our position within the MWC is sliding and I think that is a problem. I think what keeps us from getting on path to BSU is budgets and Burman is not doing a good job on budgets.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

NowherePoke wrote:
ragtimejoe1 wrote:

Do you believe we should be competitive with CSU in intercollegiate athletics?

It's not a trick question and I think it gets to the heart of how different sides feel about Tom Burman. If you take the tact that they are a much larger University in an exponentially more populated region with local talent (and legal weed...) and that as a result we shouldn't expect to match them, than Burman's results are understandable. If you believe we should be able to match them regardless of those items, than you look at it and realize just how far behind CSU we are. Since Burman took over, they have 16 MWC titles and we have one. They have two NCAA tournament appearances and a win, we have one and zero. They have more bowl appearances (3 to 2) and their athletic budget is significantly larger than ours despite being smaller when Burman took over. The head to head in FB is 4 to 4 during that time frame so we are holding our own in that regard.

You mention that we landed our first NCAA appearance in 15 years, which is great, except the fact that Burman has been AD for almost 9 years and basically 8 seasons. His tenure and decisions are a significant part of why we had such a long drought in Men's Basketball.

The problem is trying to view things in black and white. Has Burman noted some positive accomplishments at Wyoming? I believe so. I think you have to give him credit for a number of solid coaching hires. I think his hires in Wrestling, Volleyball (Callihan), Soccer, Tennis, and Men's BB have all worked out very well and I like the hires in Track/XC (Berryhill) and FB on paper although there aren't any results year.

However, when looking at his tenure as a whole, it is clear that competitive achievements have been limited and structurally we have fallen behind (or further behind) our peers and fallen farther down the pecking order in collegiate athletics. Was that inevitable due to the continued demographic changes in the country, the impact of media revenues, and other factors? Maybe, but I think we are capable of more. JMO.

P.S. Not sure you want to call ragtime a moron one sentence after claiming our golf team is "building and building and becoming a force" while giving Burman credit for David Hearn (who was at UW when I was, and I'm old..it was well before Burman's tenure as AD). Our golf program remains near the bottom of D-1, which is understandable.
Yep thats my bad. I misread some of his person history.

That being said, who's to say us "falling" behind CSU is Burmans fault? Who's to say 9 years ago we lure away Alabamas AD or Boise States AD or Ohio States AD or any other AD that is a "good" AD. Who is to say a single thing would be different? We are up against a lot when it comes to recruiting. Your points about CSU and their advantages ring true and thats only ONE school. We have to compete with BSU, SJSU, SDSU, and Hawaii for recruits and each of them are better "destinations" than Laramie. What would anyone do differently? I am not trying to be a dick or a blowhard or a fanboy, I truly don't know what else can be done.

Burman gets blamed for doing too little with too little, I guess I don't know what else someone different would do. I mean honestly, the AD gets blamed for keeping the status quo with facility upgrades ( :roll: ok), he gets dumped on for hiring great coaches that fail ( :shock: ), he gets no credit for hiring coaches who succeed ( :willybs: ) He gets blamed when teams under perform and no credit when they succeed. He gets blamed for the smallest Athletic budget in the MWC yet not one of you can show where he directly controls how much money he is allocated from the state. He can certainly go raise money, and he has, for projects but no one wants to credit him with that.

I don't know, I am certainly not a fanboy and don't love Burman, I just don't get why he gets poop on for his failures and his triumphs. Maybe its just time to stay off this board.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

ragtimejoe1 wrote:
ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: I did read the article. There is no doubt that Laramie is at a disadvantage geographically. But being able to fly into Laramie in the winter isnt going to close a deal with a recruit. If a recruit doesn't choose Laramie because he has to drive to Laramie instead of fly, then he probably isnt the type of player we want. We have landed a ton of great athletes with the current system and theres no evidence its driving away recruits any more than the harsh winters, high altitude, and lack of attractions/night life. Maybe Burman should petition to relocate the university so it appeases an old coach and fan forum.

So how much have you recruited for an FBS school? I'll take Glenn's word on that.

Our previous regime? The Las Vegas Bowl was pretty good as was the NCAA win against Gonzaga and averaging over 10K attendance at the AA.

Here is another nugget: when Burman took over, our budget was somewhere around 25 million. Just to keep pace with inflation, our budget would need to be somewhere around 28 million. I think that means that Burman has increased our athletic budget by about 200K-300K per year. In that same time, USU was able to increase their budget by over 1 mill per year. Trust me, you don't want to know CSU's.

I don't hate Burman; I don't think Burman is a bad guy. Really outside of Schroyer, as Nowhere points out, his coaching hires have been pretty solid. However, our position within the MWC is sliding and I think that is a problem. I think what keeps us from getting on path to BSU is budgets and Burman is not doing a good job on budgets.
How many hours do you have in high altitude flying? Ill take my experience and the word of all the flight crews I work with. Flying around the mountains in winter sucks.

So ONE NCAA appearance and ONE Las Vegas Bowl is better and more successful than ONE NCAA appearance and TWO Bowl appearances? You think the Las Vegas bowl was a bigger accomplishment than the New Mexico Bowl win over Fresno? That game is still played on ESPN Classics...

I am not debating the Budget issue, it sucks. But how does he increase our budget if the State won't allocate more money? Should we cut sports to further endow the "money" sports? Like Nowhere pointed out (I was incorrect), golf is down. Lets cut track and field. Burman seems to do well at tapping our donors for money for projects, its hard to ask for more for the day to day, sport to sport operations. Am I missing something? Is he sitting on some huge "Scrooge McDuck" vault of money and chooses to not spend it?
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: How many hours do you have in high altitude flying? Ill take my experience and the word of all the flight crews I work with. Flying around the mountains in winter sucks.

So ONE NCAA appearance and ONE Las Vegas Bowl is better and more successful than ONE NCAA appearance and TWO Bowl appearances? You think the Las Vegas bowl was a bigger accomplishment than the New Mexico Bowl win over Fresno? That game is still played on ESPN Classics...

I am not debating the Budget issue, it sucks. But how does he increase our budget if the State won't allocate more money? Should we cut sports to further endow the "money" sports? Like Nowhere pointed out (I was incorrect), golf is down. Lets cut track and field. Burman seems to do well at tapping our donors for money for projects, its hard to ask for more for the day to day, sport to sport operations. Am I missing something? Is he sitting on some huge "Scrooge McDuck" vault of money and chooses to not spend it?
Do you know when recruits mainly visit campus? Sorry, I'll take someone's word who ACTUALLY COACHED at WYO. If Glenn says it is a problem and said that throughout his tenure, then I'll believe him.

Rat Boy actually won the MWC twice and went to the NIT a time or two as well as winning a tourney game and yeah, winning the Vegas bowl against UCLA is a waaaaaaaaaaaaay bigger deal than Fresno in the NM Bowl (are you kidding me).

We get more money from the state than most any other school. Increasing budget and such is exactly what the AD is supposed to do. USU could do it. Most every school in the MWC could outpace us. Sorry, I don't buy this crippled kid argument who relies on his parents (i.e. the state). Burman's job is to do that. I'm not going to tell a heart surgeon how to do his or her job but if he or she is killing patients, I'm damn sure going to get another surgeon.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

ragtimejoe1 wrote:
ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: How many hours do you have in high altitude flying? Ill take my experience and the word of all the flight crews I work with. Flying around the mountains in winter sucks.

Do you know when recruits mainly visit campus? Sorry, I'll take someone's word who ACTUALLY COACHED at WYO. If Glenn says it is a problem and said that throughout his tenure, then I'll believe him.

Rat Boy actually won the MWC twice and went to the NIT a time or two as well as winning a tourney game and yeah, winning the Vegas bowl against UCLA is a waaaaaaaaaaaaay bigger deal than Fresno in the NM Bowl (are you kidding me).

We get more money from the state than most any other school. Increasing budget and such is exactly what the AD is supposed to do. USU could do it. Most every school in the MWC could outpace us. Sorry, I don't buy this crippled kid argument who relies on his parents (i.e. the state). Burman's job is to do that. I'm not going to tell a heart surgeon how to do his or her job but if he or she is killing patients, I'm damn sure going to get another surgeon.
The coaching and recruiting phenom Joe Glenn? The guy who couldn't recruit to Laramie...and has a reason to shift blame from him to Laramie...THAT JOE GLENN? How is his recruiting going at South Dakota? Really knocking them dead there? Look I loved Joe Glenn, but he did not know how to recruit FBS athletes.

So answer my question. If we get more money than any other school from our state, why is our budget the smallest in the conference? I am not questing you. Where is the money going?
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

Our peers have other revenue sources. If their states gave them as much as ours gives us, they'd be even farther ahead.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

ragtimejoe1 wrote:Our peers have other revenue sources. If their states gave them as much as ours gives us, they'd be even farther ahead.
Revenue sources such as?
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

ragtimejoe1 wrote:Our peers have other revenue sources. If their states gave them as much as ours gives us, they'd be even farther ahead.
Revenue sources such as?
Bonds
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

A dome? Lol no. Screw that.

Lemme know when Syracuse football is on top because of their dome.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.