Bryce Peters

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
TheRealUW
Cowpoke
Been liked: 50 times

I believe Bryce is visiting CU this weekend.

From my understanding, if Bryce wants to play for UW, he will need to make a commitment in the very near future. Otherwise, that scholarship is going to Mr. Hunte.
poke_addict
Cowpoke
Been liked: 3 times

I feel we have a good chance on Peters as well. Like Junky said this is the best all around fit for him. Also I don't know if it means anything but right after his Vegas trip he started following the majority of the pokes roster on the twitter. I also saw a small conversation between him and Moemeka that made me wonder(also on twitter). I could be looking into things a little too much but who knows. Anyway I love the way recruiting has been going. We are starting to get some good looks from some highly touted recruits.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 605 times
Been liked: 242 times

Let's hope Bryce sees the light!
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

According to Ryan Holmgren twitter Bryce Peters says Wyoming is out of the picture. On to the next one.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
poke_addict
Cowpoke

Guess I was overlooking things anyway good luck to him where ever he goes.
https://twitter.com/ryanholmgren/status ... 3205474306
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

I had a feeling we were going to lose out on this one. When you recruit someone based on the idea of family and then put the pressure on to commit in a hurry, that shows more of the ugly side of the business.

Could be wrong, but just my opinion.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

I'm still holding my breath, but it doesn't look good. Too bad. We would have been so stacked. He's probably going to end up at Colorado, who we literally own. strange
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

LanderPoke wrote:I'm still holding my breath, but it doesn't look good. Too bad. We would have been so stacked. He's probably going to end up at Colorado, who we literally own. strange

Probably the appeal of playing early, and playing the Pac12 got to him. Oh well.
I think this is kind of a good sign for our program. Not that we didn't want Peters, but CU is a respectable program from a strong hoops conference, and we are in recruiting battles with them now.

Bigger conferences will always be able to recruit at a higher level without the on court success (look at my Beavs, we got the #16 recruiting class in the country and Wyo would beat OS 8 times out of 10). The fact that we are pushing up into that echelon is good.

I doubt we will be rivaling Arizona and UCLA for recruits anytime soon, but we can continue to rise through the rest of the MWC and a lot of the Pac12.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
Wyolie Coyote
Cowpoke

2h2 hours ago
Jeremy Shyatt ‏@CoachShyatt
Today's office is at 35,000 feet Wyo Nation. Time to go see one of our favorite future Pokes on "Air Cowboy" #gowyo
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

Wyolie Coyote wrote:2h2 hours ago
Jeremy Shyatt ‏@CoachShyatt
Today's office is at 35,000 feet Wyo Nation. Time to go see one of our favorite future Pokes on "Air Cowboy" #gowyo
I saw that and wondered if they were making a last second push for him.... I think I saw he was going to announce this evening. Are the coaching staff going for a last second hail mary? Or are they on there way to visit someone else knowing they lost Peters?
Wyolie Coyote
Cowpoke

Peters to CU. Enjoy that crappy barn they play in Bryce. And Wyo owns CU. Specifically, Shyatt owns Boyle!
poke_addict
Cowpoke

Mr.Large
Ranch Hand

Going to CU. Sounded like we had that one in the bag.
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

Mr.Large wrote:Going to CU. Sounded like we had that one in the bag.
You almost had it, Mr. Large!! But we're still trying to sign one more, so keep letting us know what those voices in your head keep telling you about the subject! haha, I kid I kid...
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Mr. Large, you officially suck :lol: 0 for 10 with your predictions? I like you anyway. What would it have taken to beat out CU? We have kicked their asses and they beat us out for someone that we've been on for 2+ years. smh. Bryce must not be interested in being part of the better program out of the two. What a shame. Not sure why kids think they do sometimes.
Coeur d' Alene
Cowpoke

LanderPoke wrote:
Mr. Large, you officially suck :lol: 0 for 10 with your predictions? I like you anyway. What would it have taken to beat out CU? We have kicked their asses and they beat us out for someone that we've been on for 2+ years. smh. Bryce must not be interested in being part of the better program out of the two. What a shame. Not sure why kids think they do sometimes.
Mind boggling that so many feel this way. I wish he would have chose UW as well, but would never expect someone to choose playing at Wyoming in the MWC over any school in the PAC 12. Why would you want to play UCLA when you could play against Fresno state or San Jose right?

We all want to think winning what 2 out of the last 3 against cu makes wyo a "higher profile" program? All cu has over Wyoming is more nba players, much better competition, closer to "the mountains", closer to the city, and a lot more exposure.

Maybe Jeron Roberts was the only reason he even considered. Did you want him to wait longer and get an offer from another PAC 12
poke_addict
Cowpoke

More like 6 of the last 7 and 15 of the last 17 games we've played. They may have more players in the league at the moment but I think that will change in the near future. I am not upset or surprised by his decision at all. Would have loved to see Peters become a poke but this gives us an a chance to find another big. Can't blame pokes fan's for thinking their team is better than a program we kick to the curb more often then not. There is a reason Boyle pulled the plug on the series and it has nothing to do with the bus ride to Laramie :D
Mr.Large
Ranch Hand

Don't discount the legal weed in Colorado.
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

Coeur d' Alene wrote:
LanderPoke wrote:
Mind boggling that so many feel this way. I wish he would have chose UW as well, but would never expect someone to choose playing at Wyoming in the MWC over any school in the PAC 12. Why would you want to play UCLA when you could play against Fresno state or San Jose right?

We all want to think winning what 2 out of the last 3 against cu makes wyo a "higher profile" program? All cu has over Wyoming is more nba players, much better competition, closer to "the mountains", closer to the city, and a lot more exposure.

Maybe Jeron Roberts was the only reason he even considered. Did you want him to wait longer and get an offer from another PAC 12
Yes the Pac12 is a very good basketball program. But, so is the MWC. When a player plays in the MWC, they get to play in bigger arenas for the most part. CU plays in a barn.

As someone pointed out, it isn't just 2 of 3, we own those bastards. And Wyoming has put more players in the NBA historically vs CU.

Mr. Large most likely has it right.....WEED.

Go Pokes!!

http://www.databasebasketball.com/playe ... ollege.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

JimmyDimes wrote: Mr. Large most likely has it right.....WEED.
I'm assuming this is TIC? If not, I highly doubt weed plays that big of a factor as it is still "illegal" for NCAA athletes to use it.